2022 Division I Poll Voting Discussion (Preseason)

1...EDS
2...SPRINGFIELD
3...MIGHTY MOE
4...X
5...LAKOTA WEST
6...UPPER ARLINGTON
7...IFFY
8...PICK CENTRAL
9...MARYSVILLE
10.NEW ALBANY/MENTOR/PICK NORTH - TAKE YOUR PICK

Eds
Moeller
West
Springfield
Mentor
Pick Central
Pick North
St Xavier
Elder
Princeton

St Edward
Moeller
Lakota West
St Xavier
Springfield
St Ignatius
Pick Central
Mentor
Pick North
Cleveland Heights

St Ed’s
Moeller
Springfield
St X
Lakota West
Iggy
Pick Central
Mentor
Princeton
Pick North

Last edited:
Eds
Moeller
West
Springfield
Mentor
Pick Central
Pick North
St Xavier
Elder
Princeton

I like this list. I'm a Upper Arlington guy and have no idea what UA will be this year. Lost great RB, QB and #1 WR.

UA and Pick North play wk 3 so we will learn something then.

DB33A397-FA90-48E3-84FC-B9503C0854FB.jpeg

Eds
Moeller
Lakota West
Springfield
StX
Pick Central
Wayne
Upper Arlington
Pick North
Findlay?
Completely agree with the top 4. Beginning the season I don't see X as a top 10 team, and would not be surprised if they started 0-2. They'll probably be in the R4 hunt in the postseason.

I agree with the general consensus of a top four of Ed's, Moeller, Springfield, Lakota West (in some order). All have some combination of high-end talent, recent playoff experience, coaching, etc. Rest of the top ten will be rounded out by the usual characters with maybe one or two outlier programs that could surprise this year. I'm hearing good things about Gahanna-Lincoln. Pick North as well.

I read where Lakota East returns 3 defensive starters and is replacing their qb following a 7-4 season. How are they 9th in the state, above St.X, PN, and Wayne? Outside of the maxpreps top 4, the rest is questionable.

I like this list. I'm a Upper Arlington guy and have no idea what UA will be this year. Lost great RB, QB and #1 WR.

UA and Pick North play wk 3 so we will learn something then.

Yeah, there's zero way UA is a top 10 team. They lost way too much and they're not replacing it. Now, in 2024 they'll be top 10, maybe top 5. But not in 2022.

1. St. Edward
2. Central
3. Lakota West
4. Springfield
5. Upper Arlington
6. Archbishop Moeller
7. Mentor
8. St. Ignatius
9. Wayne
10. North

After seeing Pick North last night, I want to say that they are deserving of being a top ten team. They have a lot of speed and quickness, they just flew to the ball all night against Lancaster. A lot of penalties last night for them and against a better opponent will be problems but they are correctable. They do have roadblocks the next couple of weeks before the Pick Central game at both Pine-Richland and Upper Arlington but would not surprise me if the Pick Central-Pick North game is a battle of 3-0 teams when they meet. Hopefully Sebert, who got hurt last night isn't too badly injured, happened when he replaced O'Connell in the 2nd Half when the backups came in.