2022 Cincinnati Bengals

Gonna give a shout out, because they took a beating early on and rightly so, myself had plenty to say but the Bengals o-line is playing lights out right now. They are running the ball better and Burrow was barely hit tonight against an improved Chiefs pass rush. Kudos o-line.

And Burrow continues to play his way into the MVP conversation as he outplays the leader for the award head to head tonight.

Who's your daddy? lol

1670201422281.png

WTF are the Bengals doing? Run the ball. You just had Burrow take a big sack. Now it’s 3rd & Long. At the very least, you give Mahomes the ball back with 1:30 left
So I agree, they should have run the ball there but I know what they were doing. There was 2:05 on the clock, so it's stopping after that play regardless. Burrow has to get rid of that ball when he starts rolling left. Throw it away, clock stops and you have a 3rd and manageable. Trying to outsmart the defense, who should be expecting run and they got cute with it.

Lets go OL. To all you homers who bashed them the whole season or at least, after every time they lost. where is the credit when credit is due? They have developed, as I said they would, into a great unit. The adaption to this groups strengths by the coaches and willingness to change the run scheme has this group playing with a lot of confidence at an important part of the season. Continue to get better and lead this team down the stretch.

Lets go OL!

jtk
()

Lets go OL. To all you homers who bashed them the whole season or at least, after every time they lost. where is the credit when credit is due? They have developed, as I said they would, into a great unit. The adaption to this groups strengths by the coaches and willingness to change the run scheme has this group playing with a lot of confidence at an important part of the season. Continue to get better and lead this team down the stretch.

Lets go OL!

jtk
()
Isn’t it crazy how the players develop in the NFL? Carmen has the pedigree to be a stud and flops while Volson comes from a small college and flourishes

1st drop of the season according to the announcers. but it was horrible.

jtk
()
I didn’t mean he had a high number of drops, just the few he’s had recently (going back to last yr) were critical.

I don't think Boyd ever saw the football it appeared to hit him in the facemask. LA is a better DC than I thought (1st year wanted to get rid of him), the strip by britt - taylor last week on Henry than Pratt's strip of Kelce, those plays happened against two All-Pros. Like whodey posted hopefully the Bengals avoid a letdown this week. Old Bengals it definitely would happen.

Even last year, I think the Bengals would have a letdown. They seem a bit more mature this year, but it's the NFL, so you never know.

The OL is definitely getting it together, especially the interior. When they play well, this offense is very impressive.

I don’t know how you can bench Perine after the last few weeks.
I'm sure they'll give Mixon his spot back, but if he doesn't start producing early in the game, hitting holes and picking up chunk yardage the way Perine has, they've gotta make the switch back fast.

Pretty good week for the Bengals in terms of results from other Playoff contenders. The Ravens and Bills both won, but everyone else (Chiefs, Titans, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Chargers) all lost. If Lamar is out for more than a week or two, the Bengals have a chance to kick the door down on the division lead.

This is why so many people go broke betting on sports. Unpredictable, and this makes zero sense.
After Awuzie went down, really thought Cincy would struggle with Britt - Taylor and Apple at corner but Anarumo does a good job of disguising defenses and putting his players in a position to succeed. Bengal's do miss Awuzies ability to make plays (interceptions) and hopefully have no more injuries in the secondary. The Bengals have become a physical football team on both sides of the football, now saying all this will probably lose this week.

After Awuzie went down, really thought Cincy would struggle with Britt - Taylor and Apple at corner but Anarumo does a good job of disguising defenses and putting his players in a position to succeed. Bengal's do miss Awuzies ability to make plays (interceptions) and hopefully have no more injuries in the secondary. The Bengals have become a physical football team on both sides of the football, now saying all this will probably lose this week.

There is very little chance the Bengals lose to the Browns this week; I put the win probability at 95%. So much has been made of Burrow's failure to beat Cleveland that the Bengals will play this game as if it is the Super Bowl. I look for a complete pounding, since the Browns are totally unable to stop the run, especially now that three linebackers who they depended on are out for the the season, and they almost always play a soft zone, allowing for a huge percentage of complete passes. No, this game won't be close in the end.

There is very little chance the Bengals lose to the Browns this week; I put the win probability at 95%. So much has been made of Burrow's failure to beat Cleveland that the Bengals will play this game as if it is the Super Bowl. I look for a complete pounding, since the Browns are totally unable to stop the run, especially now that three linebackers who they depended on are out for the the season, and they almost always play a soft zone, allowing for a huge percentage of complete passes. No, this game won't be close in the end.
This is the NFL not OSU vs Northwestern. Browns have a good oline, two good running backs, Cooper WR, Njoku TE, a defense that has been playing better the last 2 weeks led by Myles Garrett (Williams needs to be at the top of his game). What happened on Halloween night when these 2 teams met? And no, Chase would not have made a difference in that game. This has trap game written all over it. Fortunately, Watson should still be rusty from missing football the last 2 years which hopefully will cut down any big plays from the browns passing game.