2022 Cincinnati Bengals

Spille

I think 2021 was a far better season than anyone expected. Division championship, AFC championship and Super Bowl appearance, shame it ended on a sour note but you have to be excited about the future of this team. Obviously have some work to do, specifically the o-line. So, let's get the 2022 talks started. Draft to take place April 28-30. Free agency will begin in about a month. What do you expect in FA? They improved the defense the last couple years in FA, one would think OL has to be an emphasis in FA and the draft. Any OL on your wish-list? What do they do with Bates? Lots of questions and decisions to be made. Plenty of cap room, here's hoping MB spends some money. Joe Burrow is out of the league in 5 years if he continues to get his this much.

This is obvious to some, but it is not automatic and with the competition in the AFC it will be a nutroll.

1993-Present.
Only one losing SB team made it back to the SB the next year....

Its obvious what they need to do, and it seems 'so easy' but the NFL has a way of humbling players and entire franchises that are not tied to Tom Brady.

I posted in the 2021 Bengals thread that the Bengals have a better chance for top FA OL. In the past top OL avoided the Bengals, now they should be wanting to join them . Hope the Bengals do some aggressive work next month when FA is open...

Agree on Sherff and/or one of the 2 in Orlando Brown and Terron Armstead. I'll admit I don't know if any of these guys can or will be tagged.

I also agree the culture of the team has changed and FA will be more willing to come here. I think Joe Burrow is that guy others want to play with.

It is obvious what the Bengals need to do but being a Bengals for 50 years I have little in Mike Brown in doing what is obvious: fixing the Oline. Also need a backup QB, resign Bates, Hill, and Uzomah.

If it is any consolation, he looks like he is checked out and likely not making many decisions other than what flavor of jello he wants with his apple sauce.
It is obvious what the Bengals need to do but being a Bengals for 50 years I have little in Mike Brown in doing what is obvious: fixing the Oline. Also need a backup QB, resign Bates, Hill, and Uzomah.

Sign James Daniels, Connor Williams, Morgan Moses, Jessie, CJ, and BJ. I would not resign Larry O or Spain and of course Wayne’s. Not sure I would resign Apple, he seems unstable. Draft BPA DT, OT, edge, cb and TE. I wouldn’t touch Scherf, he will cost 20 million a year and can’t stay healthy. Add about 45-50 million for free agents of almost 70 million they will have

Sign Jensen and at least one of Daniels/Tomlinson/Williams/Corbett. Preferably two. I like Armstead but they could probably sign 3 of the previously mentioned for the price of him alone. That said, the tackle market isn’t great outside Armstead and they’d still improve two positions by bumping Williams to RT. Either route you’re spending $25m-$30m. Morgan Moses is probably the next best option for a T. Not a lot of great options at C outside Jensen either.

I wouldn’t be opposed to trading the 31st pick for an established under contract starting OT either. Flip that pick for even an average starting RT, sign Jensen and 2 of the guards listed earlier and the line is good enough to win a Super Bowl. Use remaining draft capital to upgrade CBs/BPA.

I do think it is a little comical of the national narrative RE Mikey Boy Brown and ZT.
MB was getting praise for being patient on ZT after 6 wins in two seasons and said more organizations should follow suit.
Everyone locally knows his M.O....he wont fire a coach too early so he doesnt have to pay for the contract AND for the new coach!

But...they have finally struck it bit with Burrow and Chase. As they say, it can be tougher to stay at the top than it is getting to the top. Hoping for 2nd places finishes here on our for the bengals

I do think it is a little comical of the national narrative RE Mikey Boy Brown and ZT.
MB was getting praise for being patient on ZT after 6 wins in two seasons and said more organizations should follow suit.
Everyone locally knows his M.O....he wont fire a coach too early so he doesnt have to pay for the contract AND for the new coach!

But...they have finally struck it bit with Burrow and Chase. As they say, it can be tougher to stay at the top than it is getting to the top. Hoping for 2nd places finishes here on our for the bengals
They won’t be finishing behind the Squealers who are in for a long bout of mediocrity

1645137305496.png

I think 2021 was a far better season than anyone expected. Division championship, AFC championship and Super Bowl appearance, shame it ended on a sour note but you have to be excited about the future of this team. Obviously have some work to do, specifically the o-line. So, let's get the 2022 talks started. Draft to take place April 28-30. Free agency will begin in about a month. What do you expect in FA? They improved the defense the last couple years in FA, one would think OL has to be an emphasis in FA and the draft. Any OL on your wish-list? What do they do with Bates? Lots of questions and decisions to be made. Plenty of cap room, here's hoping MB spends some money. Joe Burrow is out of the league in 5 years if he continues to get his this much.
Mike Brown has spent like 250 million in Free Agency in the last few years. He has a solid Team that he knows is still missing some pieces so why wouldn’t he continue spending money in Free Agency?

First, sign Bates... Likely around a $16M cap hit.
Second, offer Hill 3/$18M or Ogunjobi if he looks like he'll be healthy next season.

Third, attempt to trade for a RT on a reasonable deal. There are numerous teams needing cap relief and would likely take a late round pick to free up cap space.

Fourth, repeat 3 with interior O lineman.

Fifth, depending on cap space left address TE.

Look to draft D line, CB, OL LB, TE, WR, RB in draft.

Sign Ryan Jensen (center), Connor Williams (guard), and either Orlando Brown or Armstead at tackle. But I have no faith in Mike Brown, hopefully my lack of faith is misplaced.

Whats everyone’s thoughts on trading the 31st pick for Laremy Tunsil? I’m all for it assuming they don’t have to trade much else besides that.

Whats everyone’s thoughts on trading the 31st pick for Laremy Tunsil? I’m all for it assuming they don’t have to trade much else besides that.
No need to do that, the Bengals can fix their Oline by signing Spain, Moses and Daniels. The right side of the Bengals O line was the problem, not left tackle

Would pretty much wipe out their salary cap, don’t be such a goof
Bengals have 48 mill in salary cap, cut Waynes the Bengals have 53 to 58 mill in cap space. Would not wipe out the cap plus the Bengals need to win now. Williams could probably be had for 6 - 7 mill. year, Jensen 10 mill. Armstead or Brown anywhere between 15 to 20 mill. For 40 - 45 mill. a year you could have all 3, if you need to let Bates walk you let him walk because Burrow is the franchise and Bates is not. Before you call someone, a goof know the facts goofy.

Last edited:
Would rather have Brown or Armstead but def. an improvement. Even though I wish they would replace him, I think the Bengals will keep Hopkins at center, hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Bengals have 48 mill in salary cap, cut Waynes the Bengals have 53 to 58 mill in cap space. Would not wipe out the cap plus the Bengals need to win now. Williams could probably be had for 6 - 7 mill. year, Jensen 10 mill. Armstead or Brown anywhere between 15 to 20 mill. For 40 - 45 mill. a year you could have all 3, if you need to let Bates walk you let him walk because Burrow is the franchise and Bates is not. Before you call someone, a goof know the facts goofy.
Your facts are goofy, goofy. The Bengals only have 36 players under contract for 2022, you dont use 40-45 million on three players. A much more realistic scenario would be signing our own free agents and adding a Moses and Daniels for the O line

Y'all remind me of George Constanza when he worked with the Yankees when he approached the owner about getting Griffey Jr and Bonds and 'it wouldnt even cost us much'

Waynes will not be back if need be, you let Bates walk had a great post season but not a great regular season, need to protect the franchise. Armstead or Brown are better than Moses although Moses fits Mikey boys check book when it comes to O - lineman. Actually, wouldn't be surprised it the Bengals sign Eric Fisher.

Waynes will not be back if need be, you let Bates walk had a great post season but not a great regular season, need to protect the franchise. Armstead or Brown are better than Moses although Moses fits Mikey boys check book when it comes to O - lineman. Actually, wouldn't be surprised it the Bengals sign Eric Fisher.
So you would sign a 20 million a year left tackle when the problem is right tackle? Jonah is fine on the left side as is Spain. Right guard and right tackle are where the problems lie, hmmm Moses is a right tackle and Daniels is a right guard and you can have both for less than the 20 mil you want to spend on a left tackle

So you would sign a 20 million a year left tackle when the problem is right tackle? Jonah is fine on the left side as is Spain. Right guard and right tackle are where the problems lie, hmmm Moses is a right tackle and Daniels is a right guard and you can have both for less than the 20 mil you want to spend on a left tackle
Move Williams to right tackle (played RT as a frosh at Bammy), premium left tackles get paid big bucks fort a reason. Armstead and Brown are both better than Williams. However, this is what Mikey boy will do, he will keep Hopkins at center, RG Norwell, Fisher at RT or maybe you get your Moses. You can book that. Mikey boy does not value interior lineman, and Fisher might have to a high of a price tag for tackle. By the way, Williams gave up 8 sacks at LT this season, not a good no. for your starting LT.

Last edited: