2022 Cincinnati Bengals

Move Williams to right tackle (played RT as a frosh at Bammy), premium left tackles get paid big bucks fort a reason. Armstead and Brown are both better than Williams. However, this is what Mikey boy will do, he will keep Hopkins at center, RG Norwell, Fisher at RT or maybe you get your Moses. You can book that. Mikey boy does not value interior lineman, and Fisher might have to a high of a price tag for tackle. By the way, Williams gave up 8 sacks at LT this season, not a good no. for your starting LT.
Again, he is not the problem and he won’t be moved to right tackle. The moves I posted would be smart both schematically and financially. Your move would solve left tackle and leave a disgruntled left tackle who would leave in FA at first chance. My moves would settle the line down long term without breaking the bank

Again, he is not the problem and he won’t be moved to right tackle. The moves I posted would be smart both schematically and financially. Your move would solve left tackle and leave a disgruntled left tackle who would leave in FA at first chance. My moves would settle the line down long term without breaking the bank
If you have a franchise QB you should have a franchise LT blocking for him. SF does not have a franchise QB but there is a reason why they pd. Trent Williams 20 mill. and KC traded for Brown.

If you have a franchise QB you should have a franchise LT blocking for him. SF does not have a franchise QB but there is a reason why they pd. Trent Williams 20 mill. and KC traded for Brown.
Again, Jonah is not the problem, he’s 24 and just had his best year so far, no reason to not think he will continue to improve

I’d be fine passing on Armstead and Brown given it will take nearly $20m per. Guys like Nelson, Jensen, Corbett or the guard from Chicago will allow them to focus on another area in FA as well, (JC Jackson from NE) as well as getting Bates inked.

Not a fan of trading draft capital for Tunsil. Keeping the 31st will land a quality OL or take BPA if free agency is good to them.

Bengals have 48 mill in salary cap, cut Waynes the Bengals have 53 to 58 mill in cap space. Would not wipe out the cap plus the Bengals need to win now. Williams could probably be had for 6 - 7 mill. year, Jensen 10 mill. Armstead or Brown anywhere between 15 to 20 mill. For 40 - 45 mill. a year you could have all 3, if you need to let Bates walk you let him walk because Burrow is the franchise and Bates is not. Before you call someone, a goof know the facts goofy.
That’s assuming the Bengals use up all their cap space and don’t bank any for next year, which they have historically done. Even the last couple of years with the increased FA spending.

No need to do that, the Bengals can fix their Oline by signing Spain, Moses and Daniels. The right side of the Bengals O line was the problem, not left tackle
As SnS mentioned, you could move Jonah to RT where I think he is a better fit than LT. It’s not a move I’d make becuase I’m unhappy with Jonah at LT, but it still upgrades 2 position with 1 players. Or move him to LG where I think he’d immediately become a top 10 G in the league.

I agree that Jonah isn’t a problem. He’s just versatile and good enough to play 4/5 spots on the line.

As SnS mentioned, you could move Jonah to RT where I think he is a better fit than LT. It’s not a move I’d make becuase I’m unhappy with Jonah at LT, but it still upgrades 2 position with 1 players. Or move him to LG where I think he’d immediately become a top 10 G in the league.

I agree that Jonah isn’t a problem. He’s just versatile and good enough to play 4/5 spots on the line.
And I don’t see spending 20 million a year on a guy that is injury prone and older, we did that with Rieff and how did that work out? Bringing in two younger guys for the right side who have no injury history is smarter IMO

I’d be fine passing on Armstead and Brown given it will take nearly $20m per. Guys like Nelson, Jensen, Corbett or the guard from Chicago will allow them to focus on another area in FA as well, (JC Jackson from NE) as well as getting Bates inked.

Not a fan of trading draft capital for Tunsil. Keeping the 31st will land a quality OL or take BPA if free agency is good to them.

If they could trade the 31st pick for a proven NFL tackle it would be a no brainer. They need to go into the season knowing they have people that can protect Burrow. I have no confidence in their ability to draft a day one starter. The last 5 1st or 2nd round picks they've used at that position group has netted them:

Carmen
Williams
Price
Ogbuehi
Fisher

At this point they're 1 for 5 with 3 busts and tbd that couldn't make the field with one of the worst lines in the league.

If they could trade the 31st pick for a proven NFL tackle it would be a no brainer. They need to go into the season knowing they have people that can protect Burrow. I have no confidence in their ability to draft a day one starter. The last 5 1st or 2nd round picks they've used at that position group has netted them:

Carmen
Williams
Price
Ogbuehi
Fisher

At this point they're 1 for 5 with 3 busts and tbd that couldn't make the field with one of the worst lines in the league.
I don’t think a single 1st rounder will do it for a guy like Tunsil. That’s my hiccup. Proven, pro bowl caliber players are going to require more.

I get what you're saying, I just don't trust the Bengals to improve the line through the draft. They've drafted 17 linemen in the past 10 drafts and Zeitler and Williams are the only 2 that I'd say panned out. If they can get a proven starter with picks they should pull the trigger. That being said it will never happen since they've never traded higher than a 5th round pick for a player.

And I don’t see spending 20 million a year on a guy that is injury prone and older, we did that with Rieff and how did that work out? Bringing in two younger guys for the right side who have no injury history is smarter IMO
I’m not sure I’d say Tunsil is older, he will be 28 for the entirety of the 2022 season, or injury prone, last year is the only year he missed more than 2 games. And it was a thumb injury, I’d be more concerned if it was lower body or upper body. For me, neither of those are concerns.

But to your point on his salary - if he continues his level of play for the next 2 years it’s guaranteed he’ll command a large contract when his current deal is up at 2024 and with the Bengals needing to lock up Burrow, Higgins, Jonah, Boyd, Mixon if they stick with him, Logan Wilson, Awuzie, Reader or his replacement, I’m not sure the Bengals could afford to keep Tunsil.

And the Bengals don’t need an elite OL to win. They nearly won with the worst OL in the league. They just need to be like 20th, although better is obviously preferred.

I’m not sure I’d say Tunsil is older, he will be 28 for the entirety of the 2022 season, or injury prone, last year is the only year he missed more than 2 games. And it was a thumb injury, I’d be more concerned if it was lower body or upper body. For me, neither of those are concerns.

But to your point on his salary - if he continues his level of play for the next 2 years it’s guaranteed he’ll command a large contract when his current deal is up at 2024 and with the Bengals needing to lock up Burrow, Higgins, Jonah, Boyd, Mixon if they stick with him, Logan Wilson, Awuzie, Reader or his replacement, I’m not sure the Bengals could afford to keep Tunsil.

And the Bengals don’t need an elite OL to win. They nearly won with the worst OL in the league. They just need to be like 20th, although better is obviously preferred.
I was referring to the dude from NO. My point is you already have a decent left tackle the right side is what needs the most attention and that is doable at a much cheaper cost

I was referring to the dude from NO. My point is you already have a decent left tackle the right side is what needs the most attention and that is doable at a much cheaper cost
Cheap has given Burrow a torn ACL and sacked 70 times this last season enough with being cheap. Burrow is the franchise Mikey boy needs to go big or go home. KC will spend 20 mill on Brown as will SF with Williams two very well ran franchises, their is a reason why left tackles get pd. premium money. https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/3/1/22956639/nfl-rumors-adam-jones-bengals-ryan-jensen-bucs-news
Hopefully pacman knows what he is talking about.

I get what you're saying, I just don't trust the Bengals to improve the line through the draft. They've drafted 17 linemen in the past 10 drafts and Zeitler and Williams are the only 2 that I'd say panned out. If they can get a proven starter with picks they should pull the trigger. That being said it will never happen since they've never traded higher than a 5th round pick for a player.
Player development has not been good, this last season Billy Price with the Jets had a better PFF score than Hopkins. Player development and scouting when it comes to the Oline has been brutal.

I think the Hopkins PFF score is a bit misleading, as he came off a torn acl in week 17 last year. His second half was far better than his first half.

You are right, though, that the Bengals try to get away with cheaper options, and now is not the time to do so.

I think the Hopkins PFF score is a bit misleading, as he came off a torn acl in week 17 last year. His second half was far better than his first half.

You are right, though, that the Bengals try to get away with cheaper options, and now is not the time to do so.
Read where Hopkins is likely going to be cut, saving the Bengals another 6 million towards the salary cap. Sign Jensen or Bozeman and another tackle. Pollack and the Bengals believe Carman is the answer at RG.

I have read the same thing concerning Hopkins, which makes sense with that cap hit. I'm not sure Burrow can take another season with Carman starting unless he improves drastically.

Seems like todays news is the Bengals are willing to kick Jonah inside. If they can swing a deal for their 1st rounder for Tunsil, kick Jonah insde, sing a Bozeman type to center, draft another guard 2nd or 3rd round type guy for competition, and re-sign Rief for another year they would be set. I would still worry about depth though because Prince and others would be the backups.

Not sure where he is slotted to go but this Trevor Penning kid from Northern Iowa is really growing on me.

read the bengals are interested in the cb from new england. that would be a huge get in free agency.

jtk
()