2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
More transfer rumors, #8 (SS) and #10 (DE) both were starters on this year's team, sad to see #8 leave, kid is a playmaker.
In all seriousness, did people really think this wouldn't happen? Not many seniors want to stay with a new staff coming in and the unknown. We saw with basketball the same thing

More transfer rumors, #8 (SS) and #10 (DE) both were starters on this year's team, sad to see #8 leave, kid is a playmaker.
Don't ever want to see even one of our players leave,but on the other hand,you can't have 16yr old kids dictating school policy.A change needed to be made.Trying to placate kids who will never have anything to do with Benedictine once they leave,is not the way to go.If we have to suffer a year or two,so be it.

In all seriousness, did people really think this wouldn't happen? Not many seniors want to stay with a new staff coming in and the unknown. We saw with basketball the same thing
Wherever they transfer,they are going to have not only a new staff,but a new school as well.

For a program that did not win a single game this season, this thread sure as heck gains a ton of traction.
Maybe because this program has 8 state titles,several final fours,and been to the playoffs many times when you needed more than 3 wins to get in.This was the 1st winless season in 90yrs.Whether we are good or bad,there is still a lot of interest.

He should have to sit in basketball and football due to transfer rules.
I do not think he will not have to sit if he transfers before the end of the year. He is transferring to a co-ed school from an all-boys. The OHSAA allows a one-time exception for this as long as it is not in the senior year. At least that is my understanding.

Today is Champions Day, Benedictine's Day of Giving. Pushing aside the cluster F that is this thread Benedictine is a place that relies heavily on the generosity of others to help keep its mission of providing Catholic based single sex education in the City of Cleveland going. Please consider making a donation and I am sure they will happily accept gifts from any and everyone, haters to the football program too as all these $s will go to education goals.

Click here to support a great mission

I do not think he will not have to sit if he transfers before the end of the year. He is transferring to a co-ed school from an all-boys. The OHSAA allows a one-time exception for this as long as it is not in the senior year. At least that is my understanding.
He would not have to sit since its his home district

Today is Champions Day, Benedictine's Day of Giving. Pushing aside the cluster F that is this thread Benedictine is a place that relies heavily on the generosity of others to help keep its mission of providing Catholic based single sex education in the City of Cleveland going. Please consider making a donation and I am sure they will happily accept gifts from any and everyone, haters to the football program too as all these $s will go to education goals.

Agree 100%

Private schools do not have districts, this is incorrect. The move from single sex to co-Ed however may be correct though.
If you enroll at Benny for 9th from 8th and live in Maple, you can go back to maple anytime you want and be eligible, that has been the case for a good period.
Don't think the poster was saying Bennies had districts?

Donation? Sorry, with North Olmsted levy Metro parks levy and Port Authority levy passing, I won't have money to spend, being on a fixed income.

Maybe because this program has 8 state titles,several final fours,and been to the playoffs many times when you needed more than 3 wins to get in.This was the 1st winless season in 90yrs.Whether we are good or bad,there is still a lot of interest.
I respect that and the Benedictine program. I'm just in disbelief they went 0-10 this season.

I respect that and the Benedictine program. I'm just in disbelief they went 0-10 this season.
Nobody saw 0-10.However,with the schedule we played,the amount of talent that was lost from last years team,I personally thought a .500 record was the best we could do.Lost a couple close ones early,then things snowballed.

they should back up the brinks truck to coach Z. Alum. College experience. Great coach. Even better person. Don’t take no for an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.