2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I don’t know this young man’s family or their finances, but I assume Gilmour is a pretty substantial price hike from Benedictine? It’s a boarding school, correct?

Jennings, James, and Cloud transferring to Ginn to play for Glenville??? Nick Iliano to Gilmour??? Please tell me these Rumors are not True.
Probably so but last time I looked they all played on last year's team right? If your not part of the solution, you are part of the problem

Jennings, James, and Cloud transferring to Ginn to play for Glenville??? Nick Iliano to Gilmour??? Please tell me these Rumors are not True.
Hearing that our "brain trust" would like to have the new coach in place before Thanksgiving.If so,maybe the new coach can convince them to stay.Whoever they hire,has to have the full support of the administration to do his job.Hopefully,he will be able to choose his own assistants,and not have an anchors from the previous regime,weighing down his staff.Like anything in life,you get what you pay for,so I hope we are willing to put out some money for a talented coach.We are all hopeful this hire is a home run,just not to confident in the people making the decisions.

Hearing that our "brain trust" would like to have the new coach in place before Thanksgiving.If so,maybe the new coach can convince them to stay.Whoever they hire,has to have the full support of the administration to do his job.Hopefully,he will be able to choose his own assistants,and not have an anchors from the previous regime,weighing down his staff.Like anything in life,you get what you pay for,so I hope we are willing to put out some money for a talented coach.We are all hopeful this hire is a home run,just not to confident in the people making the decisions.
Since you claim to be a grad....are you willing to help out financially?

I'm sure they are leaving because Coach Goode isn't coming back

Since you claim to be a grad....are you willing to help out financially?
Hey pal,I am a grad,I'm sure way before you.I played on some of our very best teams.Not the s--t show I saw this year.I've given plenty over the years.Just would like to see some stability in the leadership positions of the school.Every 2 years it seems,we have a new president,admissions director,principal,Athletic Director,etc.Would like to see better leadership,and vision for the football program before I commit anymore.I think this past year has taken a lot out of many alums.

Hey pal,I am a grad,I'm sure way before you.I played on some of our very best teams.Not the s--t show I saw this year.I've given plenty over the years.Just would like to see some stability in the leadership positions of the school.Every 2 years it seems,we have a new president,admissions director,principal,Athletic Director,etc.Would like to see better leadership,and vision for the football program before I commit anymore.I think this past year has taken a lot out of many alums.
I can agree with the stability part, but the AD had to go from what I heard and it always starts at the top so maybe the President isn't doing his job

I can agree with the stability part, but the AD had to go from what I heard and it always starts at the top so maybe the President isn't doing his job
For once,we can agree.But just wait a year or so,and we will probably have a new one,along wit 2 or 3 other new spots.

Kovacs left for NDCL as well.

I agree. Ten or so years back Gressock served 6 years as principal and a certain monk forced him out. He wanted to stay. When he was there the school was on the right track. Enrollment increasing, discipline, and from what I heard most kids liked him. When he was a teacher he was a no nonsense guy. Good defensive coordinator too.

If those players all leave, it will set the program back next year. Those are 4 definite starters and Kovacs was only freshman that dressed varsity. Would have likely been a varsity starter next year.
Kids leave for a number of reasons,not just football.We have had returning starters leave following a state title.Three of the kids mentioned are current juniors.You would think that by now they would have more of a connection to the school,after being here 3yrs,but I guess not.I believe one of the boys is even a team captain.

Kids leave for a number of reasons,not just football.We have had returning starters leave following a state title.Three of the kids mentioned are current juniors.You would think that by now they would have more of a connection to the school,after being here 3yrs,but I guess not.I believe one of the boys is even a team captain.
Agree on the second part with the connection to the school

Status
Not open for further replies.