2022-2023 Ohio State Basketball

Again, some perspective might be in order.
Apparently this needs to be a pinned post in every OSU thread the last month and a half. Sheesh some folks allow too much of their happiness to come from kids playing a game. Get another hobby, touch a women (or man if that’s your jive), turn off sports for a week.

You’ll have to ask Holtmann but I’d imagine it’s because one is a true freshman that isn’t expected to be a one and done talent and will need to grow some while the other is a veteran who is a capable ball handler as well. I would have gone with Thornton personally. What part of Thornton’s game indicates he isn’t a true PG?
Thornton got schooled all night by Purdues true freshman PG. Thornton struggles with quicker PGs. Can’t stay in front of them defensively and has trouble not turning the ball over when pressed

Nothing but whiny, negative posts. Shocker. And most of the posts are just ignorant to begin with:

- "Holtmann can't recruit" Dumb. Two straight top 10 classes. Two straight one-and-done guys.

- "Thornton is fat and slow" Dumb. He is the best PG we've had in a while, sorry if he is more powerfully built than you are used to, but he isn't slow or fat. Purdue's little guard ran circles around him when he was sick.

- "Impala didn’t play much which is very dumb by Holtmann" Beyond dumb. The kid's name is Okpara. He is our 4th best freshman, still developing, and he is going to struggle without Zed around. He had foul trouble all game so he sat a lot. 🤷‍♂️

- "Beat Minny by 50." Dumb. This isn't football. Get reasonable expectations, nobody beats any big ten hoops team by 50.

You people are exhausting. Need to find a site with more people who understand sports.

Nothing but whiny, negative posts. Shocker. And most of the posts are just ignorant to begin with:

- "Holtmann can't recruit" Dumb. Two straight top 10 classes. Two straight one-and-done guys.

- "Thornton is fat and slow" Dumb. He is the best PG we've had in a while, sorry if he is more powerfully built than you are used to, but he isn't slow or fat. Purdue's little guard ran circles around him when he was sick.

- "Impala didn’t play much which is very dumb by Holtmann" Beyond dumb. The kid's name is Okpara. He is our 4th best freshman, still developing, and he is going to struggle without Zed around. He had foul trouble all game so he sat a lot. 🤷‍♂️

- "Beat Minny by 50." Dumb. This isn't football. Get reasonable expectations, nobody beats any big ten hoops team by 50.

You people are exhausting. Need to find a site with more people who understand sports.
OK beat em by 60. I am old I still remember the Luke Witte incident, run it up on the gophers F em. Ok dummy.

Ok you do that, take your I know best attitude with you. How dare anybody disagree with or have a different opinion than the great wolfy.

I will revisit Holtmann after March, and I hope things change, but how can we not have a top tier program at OSU? I hope the annual slide in Feb and March doesn't ensue

Ok you do that, take your I know best attitude with you. How dare anybody disagree with or have a different opinion than the great wolfy.
Happy to have people disagree with me and have a reasonable discussion about the games, the strategy, etc... I'm just tired of the people who only show up to b__tch. Fire this guy - this guy stinks - etc.

If you don’t like it then you don’t have to be here. Yes, go find someplace else.

Meechie Johnson scored 26 pts last night for South Carolina vs Ky. Transfers that have come to OSU: McNeil avg.9.6 pts. (12. 2 pts. per game last year), Holden 4.7 pts. ( 20 pts. last season), Likekele 3.5pts. (7.1), why are these players esp. Holden not scoring at their previous clips? My own opinion player development has been lacking.

There are a few smart, reasonable people that post and discuss here. But all you little b__tches that show up only after a loss seem to have scared them away.

I see you fixed the "Impala" post. LOL. Happy to help.
It was a typo dumbfuk, I know who Felix Okpara is. I follow basketball recruiting very closely and the only little bitc* here is you complaining about anonymous people on the internet. Why don't you just and leave the actual basketball talk to people who know what they're talking about.

Meechie Johnson scored 26 pts last night for South Carolina vs Ky. Transfers that have come to OSU: McNeil avg.9.6 pts. (12. 2 pts. per game last year), Holden 4.7 pts. ( 20 pts. last season), Likekele 3.5pts. (7.1), why are these players esp. Holden not scoring at their previous clips? My own opinion player development has been lacking.
Tanner Holden has been a massive bust but I like what McNeil has brought TBH. Likekele is a much better pure PG than Thornton but he cannot shoot at all so it's going to be harder for him to create for others when he does not stretch the defense.

It was a typo dumbfuk, I know who Felix Okpara is. I follow basketball recruiting very closely and the only little bitc* here is you complaining about anonymous people on the internet. Why don't you just and leave the actual basketball talk to people who know what they're talking about.
boy dude, you are kinda mental aren't you?

This Ohio State team lacks length and quickness no doubt but they play some of the worst defense I have ever seen. It’s becoming Thad Matta level type bad with execution but with less talent which is terrifying

Don’t understand why Holtmann plays so many undersized players and has an unhealthy obsession with an average player like Zed Key. Okpara is much more talented and OSU has played better with Okpara in the game

Di

Holtman is a bad coach.this is embarrassing.
Agreed, I never thought he was a good coach but didn’t think he was a bad coach either. This season is the worst I’ve seen, it’s a terrible product on both ends of the floor. I wouldn’t expect them to make the NCAA tournament this year unless something massively changes in their coaching and preparation