2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference...Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2021 Three Rivers Athletic Conference title?

• Findlay

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lima Senior

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Oregon Clay

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Toledo St. Francis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toledo St. John's

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Toledo Whitmer

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
IB, do you really think the football coaches at P’Burg and AW know what their getting themselves into? I can see in a few years they’ll be fighting for 3rd, 4th or 5th in the new NLL, will that help with numbers? Heck no it won’t. I do hope CCHS and Whitmer continue to play each other, Whitmer about to springboard back to football prominence in NW Ohio.
I do not see it that way. AW and Pburg will only get bigger and better. I think the numbers problem is nationwide BUT it is exemplified in NWOhio. Much like baseball, the crazy dad brigade has taken over. Starting kids in tackle football in 3rd grade hurts all parties involved. I used Oregon as an example and will do it again. In 2008 and 2009 Oregon had 4 pee wee teams per class (5th and 6th) with over 120 kids playing per class (240 kids in all!). They had flag before that (10 qbs, 20 rbs, 30 wrs, etc...). Then the idiot dad mantra took over and went down the street to play for the local lawn mower guy and essentially killed Oregon pee-wee football. You know, because Oregon had too many "rules" and not playing tackle in the 3rd grade (as opposed to flag) is not "tough enough" and will not prepare the boys for the NFL. :ROFLMAO: Now they had 20 kids playing per class and 1 QB and 2 RBs. Today's classes at Clay are an example of this choking of talent at such a young age.

With today's game being as such, with targeting rules, and spread offenses, flag football should be played through 6th and maybe even 7th and 8th grade. Let the kids develop skills, let kids enjoy the game, and then when everyone has some man skin they can strap it up. It is all about numbers.

Preseason Coaches Poll per The Blade
TCC
Fremont Ross
Findlay
Whitmer
SJJ
SFS
Lima Senior
Clay

IB, do you really think the football coaches at P’Burg and AW know what their getting themselves into? I can see in a few years they’ll be fighting for 3rd, 4th or 5th in the new NLL, will that help with numbers? Heck no it won’t. I do hope CCHS and Whitmer continue to play each other, Whitmer about to springboard back to football prominence in NW Ohio.

You're asking me if I think they're stupid. No I don't. Yes I do think they've crunched the numbers. They're competitors. I think they realized they are growing kids and the best way to do that is put them in the same room of equitable or better talent and try to beat them. As coaches I think they are looking for challenges. If the only players you can get are the ones that have to be first or second or they run, you don't have players. But that's not who populated PB and WH.

The other three major D1 areas in the state, a league like the new NLL is SOP. New ground not being covered. They're catching up.

any update on St. Francis?
I don’t believe we have a whole lot of SFS posters on the board, but from what I’ve read I think they’ll be going through a down year. They lost their RB1 to Whitmer and their QB will probably be needing experience, which being coached by Gradkowski will help him immensely. I think they have some pretty decent defensive players but that’s pretty much all I got on them.

I don’t believe we have a whole lot of SFS posters on the board, but from what I’ve read I think they’ll be going through a down year. They lost their RB1 to Whitmer and their QB will probably be needing experience, which being coached by Gradkowski will help him immensely. I think they have some pretty decent defensive players but that’s pretty much all I got on them.
SFS best RB was poached by Whitmer, best WR moved to NC, CCHS has I believe 2 kids, Rossford 1 and I think Waite picked up 4 Frannies. I'll stand by my previous prediction and say 3-7 or 2-8 and Gradkowski is one and done.

SFS best RB was poached by Whitmer, best WR moved to NC, CCHS has I believe 2 kids, Rossford 1 and I think Waite picked up 4 Frannies. I'll stand by my previous prediction and say 3-7 or 2-8 and Gradkowski is one and done.

Whitmer "poached" but CCHS "has." uh huh. Typical CCHS comment, thinks it's all about the borrowed talent. Not even their fans have confidence coaching might win the games.

And I've seen the Waite practices. They picked up 4 fannies, not frannies. The johnnies better be wearing kevlar cups because Waite will be fielding the first all 5'7" and under team in city high school football history. Blocks will be low and RBs looking for running space between the legs.

I hammered this point quite a bit. I can't wait to see it, it'll be a great league, but man these NLL schools are going to regret the addition of Whitmer and a Findlay with one of the best college prospects in NW Ohio history. As a ref I can tell you the difference between the NLL and TRAC is noticeable, like going from the American Conference in CFB to the Big 10. Just a lot more speed and physicality in this league for sure that's going to be daunting for the NLL folks. Btw we still haven't figured out the 12th team have we? lol

Talked to some NLL people and they said that the only doubt that they have heard about the NLL adding a 12th school has come from a couple of guys on Yappi.

The threads are getting confused but I'll answer. They apologize for past transgressions, promise zero athletic eligibility for students vouchered or who did not attend Catholic middle school or without "Saint" in their names and agree to a no-fleece rule. SJJ. I heard this from a reliable source.

Am told Whitmer took it to Perrysburg Friday. Hopefully the Panthers can get back to their winning ways which should be a tad easier in a league that is way down in terms of numbers.

Whitmer has 65 kids (10-12). CCHS has 85. SJ has 55-60. I see Clay HS has 50 kids (10-12) and 22 seniors. That means they have 28 kids between their sophomore and junior classes which is absolutely pathetic for a suburban school of their size. This is what happens when you abandon a successful in-house youth program that saw 100+ kids per class playing in favor of 3rd and 4th grade tackle football with 20 kids playing per class. Turf Tuff at 8U! Bottlenecking your talent in the 3rd grade is not the idea but you can never tell that to the doucheb@g dad crowd that believes they are making future NFL stars at 8 years old.

To put things into perspective just 10 years ago all of these teams had anywhere from 80-100+ kids on their rosters (10-12) and had freshman teams in the 40-50+ range...for the most part.
You were told wrong. They did not "take it to Perrysburg". I was there and it was very competitive. I would say that Whitmer won overall as they basically played it just like a game and it was 13-0 at halftime (which was basically when the 1st teams played). Pburg scored on their 2nd drive, but the officials called the QB down at the 1 inch line because of the "no contact" on the QB rule. Pburg actually ran a beautiful QB bootleg and it was an easy score. But again, they called him down short bc a defender barely "touched" the QB as he was running into the end zone. It wasn't even close to be honest. Easy TD. It would've put Pburg up 7-0

But Whitmer did have a very nice 30-35 yd TD run by their RB and a blown coverage TD pass of about 20 yds. Whitmer will definitely hold their own in the TRAC this year and will give every team a good game.

You were told wrong. They did not "take it to Perrysburg". I was there and it was very competitive. I would say that Whitmer won overall as they basically played it just like a game and it was 13-0 at halftime (which was basically when the 1st teams played). Pburg scored on their 2nd drive, but the officials called the QB down at the 1 inch line because of the "no contact" on the QB rule. Pburg actually ran a beautiful QB bootleg and it was an easy score. But again, they called him down short bc a defender barely "touched" the QB as he was running into the end zone. It wasn't even close to be honest. Easy TD. It would've put Pburg up 7-0

But Whitmer did have a very nice 30-35 yd TD run by their RB and a blown coverage TD pass of about 20 yds. Whitmer will definitely hold their own in the TRAC this year and will give every team a good game.
13-0, BUT...

I get it, it is a scrimmage, and I was not there. Best of luck this year dad.

13-0, BUT...

I get it, it is a scrimmage, and I was not there. Best of luck this year dad.
Thanks. Going to be an interesting season. 3 really tough OOC games to start a new era.

Yes I'm a dad, but I'll tell you how it went. No BS. And yes it was a scrimmage.

Pburg passing game looked horrible. They also lost their 1st Team All NLL offensive guard about a week and a half ago to a major knee injury. Caused some major shuffling on the OL. He was going to play RT. They had to move their C to RT and play a kid with zero varsity experience at C.

But for the most part I thought the teams were pretty evenly matched.

Thanks. Going to be an interesting season. 3 really tough OOC games to start a new era.

Yes I'm a dad, but I'll tell you how it went. No BS. And yes it was a scrimmage.

Pburg passing game looked horrible. They also lost their 1st Team All NLL offensive guard about a week and a half ago to a major knee injury. Caused some major shuffling on the OL. He was going to play RT. They had to move their C to RT and play a kid with zero varsity experience at C.

But for the most part I thought the teams were pretty evenly matched.
I heard about Zimmerly. Shame. I'm just glad Conner is running some version of the spread to take advantage of his talent at QB. Best of luck.

I love the schedule, this year might not be the best year to do it, but with 16 making it in, clearly the right decision. I mean would you rather take the pu$$y way out and schedule Waite?
Yes, especially in the opener. No need to ever open against a program like St Ed's......If this were a veteran squad then I could understand scheduling this way but there is always the possibility that losing early with a young team, especially if they get blown out that the entire season could collapse. You never know how losing early can impact a teams confidence going forward. And CC should never schedule 2 OOC road games....no reason to play more than 1 OOC game away from Gallagher.

"No reason to ever open against a program like St. Ed"

Kind of makes it hard for St Ed to get a week one game, lol. Let's see what loser programs schedule them week one. Massillon Washington, Mentor, two loser programs if ever. A recent Penn St Champ, an undefeated Md team,,,except the loss to St Ed, Glenville at their height. None of the other teams on the St Ed schedule are backing off because they might be "too young." None of those other teams get mentioned in the same sentence if they back off on years they are "young."

St Ed lost to 6-4 Medina last year and got crushed by Hoban. Hoban is still on their schedule. Yes there's a ice cube's chance in hell that a loss to St Ed's will devastate kids who generally have the attention span of a gnat and the entire season will collapse. And true, you never know how losing early can impact a team's confidence. But I think they have coaches to deal with that.

St. Eds at home is a big get. As for the two away OOC, isn't it possible given how scheduling can be home-and-home that this means two quality HOME games for CCHS next year when they are not so young?

This is a competitive game with a lot of talent on the field and on the sidelines. Win, lose, crushed; enjoy the ride.

Yes, especially in the opener. No need to ever open against a program like St Ed's......If this were a veteran squad then I could understand scheduling this way but there is always the possibility that losing early with a young team, especially if they get blown out that the entire season could collapse. You never know how losing early can impact a teams confidence going forward. And CC should never schedule 2 OOC road games....no reason to play more than 1 OOC game away from Gallagher.
Waite is holding for you on Line 2.

Lima Beats Bowsher 60-0

Whitmer wins the Battle of Tremainsville again with a 49-18 victory over start.

Findlay gets a decent win.

CC was eventually worn down and figured out. They will rebound. That RB at the end (#22 Watson) is tough.

Ross getting beat by a very good Columbian team surprised me a bit.

Tip of cap to Irish Buffalo. For years he’s talked about the big schools, mostly private, and the depth they had. Ed’s didn’t necessarily show me a lot of depth tonight, but when my Irish started getting cramps/injuries in the 3rd, we had sophomores out there a lil in over their heads. Not a devastating loss, but a good point to improve upon.

Tip of cap to Irish Buffalo. For years he’s talked about the big schools, mostly private, and the depth they had. Ed’s didn’t necessarily show me a lot of depth tonight, but when my Irish started getting cramps/injuries in the 3rd, we had sophomores out there a lil in over their heads. Not a devastating loss, but a good point to improve upon.

Your Irish weren't getting cramps/injuries at the beginning of the third. There are holes in their knowledge, partcularly in the secondary. Your QB can't see left and his arm skills haven't improved since he was at Waite two years ago. Your secondary isn't aware where downfield offensive players are, cost them a sure fire pick 6 a kid defending air when the ball was right in front of him. First set of downs, laid out a lot of that. GREAT line strength. But St Ed has coaches that over a half can figure that out and get by it, knowing they can confuse the secondary.

If St Ed didn't show you depth, off hand I'd say you don't know what you're looking at. Depth isn't just who is in the game. It's who they've had to practice against. There were two scrawy kids on their sideline and I'm pretty sure they were coaches. It was the x's and o's and depth that turned that around for St Ed. JMHO.

It was a GREAT half of no quit from CCHS. I think a person trully has to be on the field or sidelines to see if there was quit on them after a couple quick scores against but again, that's something coaches can teach. They match up physically so injury was a low risk. It was the PERFECT game to play for a program that is trying to learn how to win programmatically as opposed to the more talent than the other guy way. That happens in the game film room. A depth of knowledge down to the last kid on the bench. Betcha. Work on that, work on the brain and the rest will follow.

Saw a lot of support/hanging out from other kids in the city. Saw (swear) one kid from the side and said to myself, looks like a johnnie. Kid turned, sure enough the t was a johnnie. lol. Somene would have to die though to get a decent crowd there. Time for CCHS to work on the surrounding neighborhod. A few less ball fields and a bit more renovation and getting working families in. If vouchers go, they go.

Wow! I'd love to see that game on replay.

Me too. I caught the last few series of the SFS-Clyde game. The SFS QB has a good touch and some solid and sizable receives. I'm not comparing QBs here, there's a difference between Clyde and St. Ed's coming at you but against that competition, the SFS QB was able to show good touch.

I thought I heard the announcer say they came back from 14 down, final score was 21-14. They mentioned a couple rookie coach type mistakes. But all-in-all a good showing against a program with a winning tradition and probably the same depth, even though a smaller school. No one really beleives that staff is in for the long haul but if they can use it to establish a long staff that knows how to reach kids and they build numbers, the area could have a new play-off team.

Would have hoped PBurg could have matched up better but other than that, a pretty nice week for the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.