2021 St. Edward Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massillon and St Ed’s have played 6 regular season games, 4 have been at PBTS and 2 at Lakewood. Why all the ? ?
It could be worse you could be playing 2-3 Canada teams each year. ??‍♂️

My point is nobody is forcing St Ed’s to play at PBTS.
Under Lombardo I get the feeling that he would play anyone in Ohio any where. He seems like the type that wants the best competition for his team throughout the regular season which in turns gets them battle tested and playoff ready come week 11. So if that means having to go to PBTS every year, he is in. You're right, no one is forcing him, but he wants to play solid teams and if it takes playing at PBTS every year, he is all in. Whatever it takes.

I know you have countless databases and are the official historian for Massillon football so can you tell me the last year Massillon made the trek to Lakewood stadium?
It’s as simple as massillontigers.com for all of the Massillon info you need. It’s almost 2022 I wouldn’t think many people would need a tutorial on how to use the Internet.
2021 @ PBTS
2020 @ PBTS
2005 playoff
2004 @ Lakewood
2003 @ PBTS
2000 @ Lakewood
1999 @ PBTS
So as I said 6 regular season games and 2 @ Lakewood. You would have thought all 6 were at PBTS the way the talk is on here today. ?

Under Lombardo I get the feeling that he would play anyone in Ohio any where. He seems like the type that wants the best competition for his team throughout the regular season which in turns gets them battle tested and playoff ready come week 11. So if that means having to go to PBTS every year, he is in. You're right, no one is forcing him, but he wants to play solid teams and if it takes playing at PBTS every year, he is all in. Whatever it takes.
Then why the need for post 322 ? Just bored today and decided to stir the pot ? It’s not breaking news that Massillon plays the majority of games at PBTS. But at the same time they also have 4 teams that they have home and home contracts with and being an independent enables them to make a schedule with 6-8 home games a year.

Then why the need for post 322 ? Just bored today and decided to stir the pot ? It’s not breaking news that Massillon plays the majority of games at PBTS. But at the same time they also have 4 teams that they have home and home contracts with and being an independent enables them to make a schedule with 6-8 home games a year.
It's not breaking news, but I didn't say it was breaking news. I said it was bizarre. 75% of their games are at PBTS. That is NOT the norm for most schools. I guess my interest/question is trying to understand the why behind it. That's it. Plain and simple. No hidden agenda. Remember I truly have NO dog in any Ohio HS football team. I just come over to see great games. Most of the time I'm rooting for a good game than I am a team. Many times I'm at a game and if a team scores, I hope the other team will score. And then hope it continues so that I end up seeing a great game. Nothing worse than driving 2-2 1/2 hours one way and end up seeing a blowout.

It's not breaking news, but I didn't say it was breaking news. I said it was bizarre. 75% of their games are at PBTS. That is NOT the norm for most schools. I guess my interest/question is trying to understand the why behind it. That's it. Plain and simple. No hidden agenda. Remember I truly have NO dog in any Ohio HS football team. I just come over to see great games. Most of the time I'm rooting for a good game than I am a team. Many times I'm at a game and if a team scores, I hope the other team will score. And then hope it continues so that I end up seeing a great game. Nothing worse than driving 2-2 1/2 hours one way and end up seeing a blowout.
It’s simply that teams are willing/want to play at PBTS.

It’s simply that teams are willing/want to play at PBTS.
Makes sense to me. It is a VERY nice place for sure. Happy Holidays
Thanks and to yours as well ! Hope you can make it to PBTS for a game or 2 next season !
I was at the Ed's game this year. I also have been there when the state finals were there and at Fawcett at the same time. Most of the games they play there aren't appealing because they are usually heavy favorites. So I go to games that are better match-ups. I wish they played Hoban, Eds, etc.. I would attend more games there. But each week I have the pick of the litter as far as where I am going, so I always pick games that are huge rivalry games or 2 really good evenly matched teams. How is Massillon going to be next year?

I was at the Ed's game this year. I also have been there when the state finals were there and at Fawcett at the same time. Most of the games they play there aren't appealing because they are usually heavy favorites. So I go to games that are better match-ups. I wish they played Hoban, Eds, etc.. I would attend more games there. But each week I have the pick of the litter as far as where I am going, so I always pick games that are huge rivalry games or 2 really good evenly matched teams. How is Massillon going to be next year?
Moeller week 1 and Ed’s week 5 in 2022.
Massillon should be very good next year, they were very young this year and have a lot of starters back with many more underclassmen who had a lot of pt.

Moeller week 1 and Ed’s week 5 in 2022.
Massillon should be very good next year, they were very young this year and have a lot of starters back with many more underclassmen who had a lot of pt.
OK. Once I get the schedules for every team, I make a master list for weeks 1-10. Those WILL be on my list. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.