2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

I wouldn’t doubt it. They always give Monroe a tough game. We’ve always competed well against Oakwood but nobody is stopping them this year. Girls team is solid, Boys team has new coach so we’re down a bit this year. Still good but not nearly as dominant as in the last several years. Can’t figure out why Franklin is god awful. Do they not have the athletes, coaching or just not any community support for it besides Football and basketball?
From what I've seen of the community there's just not much soccer there at all for the youth. At least nothing of real substance that's going to be beneficial to a potentially talented kid. Monroe on the other has a portion of Cincinnati United dedicated to their area. Say what you want about CUP/CU but they do offer a high level of coaching and development even at their CU and Juniors levels. Having easy access to programs like that makes a difference long term.

Last edited:
Monroe lead Indian Hill 1-0 with 15 minutes left....but gives up two late goals and loses 2-1.

Big week in the SWBL coming up as Monroe plays at Bellbrook Tuesday. Bellbrook then hosts Oakwood Thursday.

Anyone at the oakwood/Milton union game? Oakwood won 2-1. The result I expected but not the score.

weird game. Narrow field. Two man referee system. Shots were 24 -4 in favor of Oakwood. Milton got a legit goal with 10 secs left in the half to make the score 2-1. MU and their keeper made some great saves on defense in the second half

Last edited:
Big game in the SWBL tonight as Oakwood travels to Bellbrook. Bellbrook looking for a share of the SWBL and Oakwood trying to go Back-to-Back and complete an undefeated season. Will be interesting to see what Bellbrook can do to get Terry some looks. He was pretty much shut down by Oakwood's defense in the first game.

Final

Oakwood 2
Bellbrook 1

Oakwood dominated the game. Finished 16-0-0 and second in the state. I said this a month and a half ago and more confident than ever....Oakwood is the best D-2 team in the Southwest region. I don't know how good Revere or Bay is...but they better be damn good if they want to beat Oakwook. They posses the ball extremely well. They are physically strong....and their midfield is elite. Congrats to the Jacks.....SWBL champs again and my pick to win state.

Final

Oakwood 2
Bellbrook 1

Oakwood dominated the game. Finished 16-0-0 and second in the state. I said this a month and a half ago and more confident than ever....Oakwood is the best D-2 team in the Southwest region. I don't know how good Revere or Bay is...but they better be damn good if they want to beat Oakwook. They posses the ball extremely well. They are physically strong....and their midfield is elite. Congrats to the Jacks.....SWBL champs again and my pick to win state.
They appear to have all the parts for a good run, but they haven’t played many of the top D2 teams in the district or state. As a Dayton area fan I’ll be routing for them, but they surely will have stiff tests to get out of the district.

Well done Oakwood! Great win. I thought Bellbrook may get the W being at home but it wasn't to be. I agree Oakwood has a chance to make a great run but I think there are quite a few really good teams in D2 SW-OH. I think the gap is very thin with lots of teams that could come out of there. Oakwood, Bellbrook, Tipp, Wyoming, Summit, and Indian Hill are all are capable IMO.

Well done Oakwood! Great win. I thought Bellbrook may get the W being at home but it wasn't to be. I agree Oakwood has a chance to make a great run but I think there are quite a few really good teams in D2 SW-OH. I think the gap is very thin with lots of teams that could come out of there. Oakwood, Bellbrook, Tipp, Wyoming, Summit, and Indian Hill are all are capable IMO.
I agree that all are capable. As we all know, luck come into play at times, and any of those teams you mentioned are capable. Just from an eye test, and I have seen Summit, Tipp and Oakwood twice. I have also seen Bellbrook play Beaverceek, Springboro regular season and Centerville in a scrimmage and Oakwood, in my opinion, is the best team I have seen play. That being said....it should be a great tourney and may all the contenders remain healthy and focused.

I agree that all are capable. As we all know, luck come into play at times, and any of those teams you mentioned are capable. Just from an eye test, and I have seen Summit, Tipp and Oakwood twice. I have also seen Bellbrook play Beaverceek, Springboro regular season and Centerville in a scrimmage and Oakwood, in my opinion, is the best team I have seen play. That being said....it should be a great tourney and may all the contenders remain healthy and focused.
Agree. I love playing the prediction game...makes it fun to see how it plays out. We've probably been at some of the same games. Based on eye test for me, I'll take Summit to come out of the SW-OH. While up and down at times, I've decided to quit doubting them come tourney time. They continually peak this time of year.

Agree. I love playing the prediction game...makes it fun to see how it plays out. We've probably been at some of the same games. Based on eye test for me, I'll take Summit to come out of the SW-OH. While up and down at times, I've decided to quit doubting them come tourney time. They continually peak this time of year.
No doubt about Summit. I thought they played a great possession game and are great at being connected across the field. They also have great talent....tradition and coaching. i thought their defense was a bit suspect...especially if you can work your attack beyond the mid fielders.

Oakwood is connected all over the field. They move like an orchestra on both offense and defense. It is rare to see such on the high school level....especially at the D-2 level. Their attackers are dangerous and as I said....their mid-field is elite. Their mid fielders are lethal from distance. I sat with a long time high school coach at last night's Oakwood Bellbrook game....and Purks hit the game winner from the run of play from 35 to 40 yard out that was a howitzer into the upper corner. We both agreed it may be the most amazing shot we've ever seen in a high school game. Bellbrook has a really good young goalie...but he had no prayer. Purks also hit two laser free kicks in the first game to account for two of their three goals. If you get a chance to watch Oakwood in the tourment....it will be worth the admission.

As a closing note....don't count Alter out. Even though they have a blemished record by their standards....they have some weapons and play well together. Their striker may be the fastest player in Southwest Ohio. Even though Bellbrook beat them earlier 4-0.....Alter was very threatening. And they tied Centerville last night....so there is that. The real season starts now. Will be interesting to see how the Cincy teams stack up against the Dayton area squads. Let the games begin......

No doubt about Summit. I thought they played a great possession game and are great at being connected across the field. They also have great talent....tradition and coaching. i thought their defense was a bit suspect...especially if you can work your attack beyond the mid fielders.

Oakwood is connected all over the field. They move like an orchestra on both offense and defense. It is rare to see such on the high school level....especially at the D-2 level. Their attackers are dangerous and as I said....their mid-field is elite. Their mid fielders are lethal from distance. I sat with a long time high school coach at last night's Oakwood Bellbrook game....and Purks hit the game winner from the run of play from 35 to 40 yard out that was a howitzer into the upper corner. We both agreed it may be the most amazing shot we've ever seen in a high school game. Bellbrook has a really good young goalie...but he had no prayer. Purks also hit two laser free kicks in the first game to account for two of their three goals. If you get a chance to watch Oakwood in the tourment....it will be worth the admission.

As a closing note....don't count Alter out. Even though they have a blemished record by their standards....they have some weapons and play well together. Their striker may be the fastest player in Southwest Ohio. Even though Bellbrook beat them earlier 4-0.....Alter was very threatening. And they tied Centerville last night....so there is that. The real season starts now. Will be interesting to see how the Cincy teams stack up against the Dayton area squads. Let the games begin......'m sure we will all be chatting on here about the results soon enough!
Can't wait! I love the analysis. I'm sure there is lots of conversation to be had as the players start the journey!

Congrats to Oakwood. I've heard nothing but great things about them this season. I'm hoping to catch them in the tournament.

Monroe is much better than their record shows. Played Oakwood and Bellbrook twice, Indian Hill (lost 2-1) and Alter (tied 1-1).
This was the result I was expecting. Valley View had a nice season for their program. Monroe is definitely more quality than their record shows.