2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

ex_dc_atc

For the 2021 season, will the SWBL split into two division for soccer as it has for football, or do they stay all one group? I wasn't sure how the re-alignment would be with schools leaving the league. Any insight on who we can expect to be competing at the top of the league?

I believe they are doing "big/small" divisions for all sports. Bellbrook, Monroe, Waynesville, Oakwood together...Franklin, maybe one more. Eaton and Brookville to the "small."

I believe they are doing "big/small" divisions for all sports. Bellbrook, Monroe, Waynesville, Oakwood together...Franklin, maybe one more. Eaton and Brookville to the "small."

I believe they actually tried to make it more of an East/West split. By doing that split, it is definitely more of a big vs. small school split. Valley View and Waynesville both are similar in size. Adding Waynesville to the big school division really is exciting for soccer. It'll be interesting to see how they compete with Bellbrook, Monroe, and Oakwood. If it's like football, the breakdown would be:

East:
Bellbrook
Franklin
Monroe
Waynesville
Oakwood

West:
Valley View
Carlisle
Madison
Brookville
Eaton

The West should be fun year in and year with all having a legit chance to win the title.

It will be interesting to see how Waynesville does in the East. Bellbrook the likely favorite this year. Monroe and Oakwood will be strong as well, but with new coaches.

The West should be fun year in and year with all having a legit chance to win the title.

It will be interesting to see how Waynesville does in the East. Bellbrook the likely favorite this year. Monroe and Oakwood will be strong as well, but with new coaches.

Waynesville looks like they'll compete on the boys side but maybe struggle against those top 3 teams. The girls on the other hand, could very well still win the league.

With only an 8 team league schedule....Bellbrook has fashioned the strongest non-con schedule for this coming fall in school history. This will more than battle test them for the tourney....

Attachments

• 2021.jpg
    2021.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 65
With only an 8 team league schedule....Bellbrook has fashioned the strongest non-con schedule for this coming fall in school history. This will more than battle test them for the tourney....

Ambitious....very ambitious. Fun to see the willingness to take on anybody.

SWBL will be very interesting this year. Monroe and Oakwood have new coaches and lost a ton of seniors each. Waynesville moves over to the larger division and Bellbrook looks to be the pre-season favorite.

Bellbrook won the SWBL something like 26 years in a row and have now racked up three straight years without a title. Will that change this year?

If I had to guess it is Bellbrook’s to lose. They have two of the most dangerous attackers in the area. Oakwood would be my guess for their biggest competition for a conference title.

I like Bellbrook as the favorite. I hear Oakwood's new coach is an upgrade. But, like Monroe, they graduated their best ever senior class. I suspect both will be battling for second place.

I'll be interested to see how Bellbrook fairs with their upgraded schedule. They'll take on some of the better GWOC schools.

I believe Monroe just picked up a player that had been playing with FCC's Academy team. Talk about getting a huge addition/ He's always been in the district, just played for the academy.

Posted in the MV poll thread, too, but can't resist putting it here. Fun game to watch tonight:

Bellbrook 3
Beavercreek 3

Great game.

Scoreless first half, with Beavercreek putting two off the posts and a couple flurries in front of the goal.

Bellbrook struck twice early in the second half with set pieces off corners.

Beavercreek scored on a deserved PK.

Bellbrook scored on a free kick from about 25 with 6 minutes left.

Beavercreek responded with two more, last one with about a minute and a half remaining.

Posted in the MV poll thread, too, but can't resist putting it here. Fun game to watch tonight:

Bellbrook 3
Beavercreek 3

Great game.

Scoreless first half, with Beavercreek putting two off the posts and a couple flurries in front of the goal.

Bellbrook struck twice early in the second half with set pieces off corners.

Beavercreek scored on a deserved PK.

Bellbrook scored on a free kick from about 25 with 6 minutes left.

Beavercreek responded with two more, last one with about a minute and a half remaining.
What I really enjoy watching is all the outside division games. (D1 vs D2, D3 vs D2 etc.)This game in particular surprises me a bit. Beavercreek won a State title in 2017, is a big school. I would think they would give Bellbrook some trouble. Don’t get me wrong though, Bellbrook is solid this year for sure. Sounds like a great game.

Current League Standings:

EAST:

Oakwood 6-0 (12-0)
Bellbrook 5-1 (8-2-3)
Monroe 2-2-1 (4-4-4)
Waynesville 1-4-1 (4-6-2)
Franklin 0-7 (1-11)

WEST:
Valley View 5-0 (9-2-1)
Eaton 3-1-1 (5-4-2)
Brookville 2-2-1 (5-6-1)
Carlisle 1-4 (6-7)
Middletown Madison 0-4 (0-8)

Oakwood and Bellbrook have had wonderful seasons. Oakwood has wins over CJ, Springboro, and Mariemont. Bellbrook defeated Tipp City, tied CJ, beat Northmont, and tied Beavercreek. Both have impressive resumes. Looking at the new divisional alignment, it's clear the splits benefited a school like Valley View and has made things more difficult on Waynesville.

Question for anyone. Why has Franklin been so poor in soccer for who knows how long? They’re god awful.

EAST:

Oakwood 6-0 (12-0)
Bellbrook 5-1 (8-2-3)
Monroe 2-2-1 (4-4-4)
Franklin 0-7 (1-11)

WEST:
Valley View 5-0 (9-2-1)
Eaton 3-1-1 (5-4-2)
Brookville 2-2-1 (5-6-1)
Carlisle 1-4 (6-7)

Oakwood and Bellbrook have had wonderful seasons. Oakwood has wins over CJ, Springboro, and Mariemont. Bellbrook defeated Tipp City, tied CJ, beat Northmont, and tied Beavercreek. Both have impressive resumes. Looking at the new divisional alignment, it's clear the splits benefited a school like Valley View and has made things more difficult on Waynesville.
Its nice to see Devin having a great year with Valley View. His teams have been generally good for a while, but playing Bellbrook, Monroe, and Oakwood twice a year almost gives you 6 losses to start the year.

Its nice to see Devin having a great year with Valley View. His teams have been generally good for a while, but playing Bellbrook, Monroe, and Oakwood twice a year almost gives you 6 losses to start the year.
Valley View also just doesn't have numbers. They haven't had a JV the past two seasons. This year's team has 18 players, last year actually had less. So depth is an issue.

EAST:

Oakwood 6-0 (12-0)
Bellbrook 5-1 (8-2-3)
Monroe 2-2-1 (4-4-4)
Franklin 0-7 (1-11)

WEST:
Valley View 5-0 (9-2-1)
Eaton 3-1-1 (5-4-2)
Brookville 2-2-1 (5-6-1)
Carlisle 1-4 (6-7)

Also on Bellbrook's tote board are a 4-0 win over Alter and a tie with Summit Country Day...one of the strongest D-2 teams in Cincy. I still say Oakwood is the best team they've played to date. The two have a re-match at Bellbrook on October 15th.

Oakwood is solid all over the field. One exception may be one of their center backs. JR and JP dominate the central midfield, wings are fast and very active. These boys play at a high level and deserve everything they have accomplished this year thus far. They will make a run for the D2 State title. Bellbrook is good, but not on the same level as Oakwood. They have two solid finishers but collectively as a group, they aren’t as polished as Oakwood.

I wouldn’t doubt it. They always give Monroe a tough game. We’ve always competed well against Oakwood but nobody is stopping them this year. Girls team is solid, Boys team has new coach so we’re down a bit this year. Still good but not nearly as dominant as in the last several years. Can’t figure out why Franklin is god awful. Do they not have the athletes, coaching or just not any community support for it besides Football and basketball?

I wouldn’t doubt it. They always give Monroe a tough game. We’ve always competed well against Oakwood but nobody is stopping them this year. Girls team is solid, Boys team has new coach so we’re down a bit this year. Still good but not nearly as dominant as in the last several years. Can’t figure out why Franklin is god awful. Do they not have the athletes, coaching or just not any community support for it besides Football and basketball?
They just don’t have the players. The school seems to put most of their athletes in football vs soccer. Judging by their play, these are probably kids that don’t play club or if they do, play for very low level teams. Could also just be the way the grades fall in terms of sports. Monroe for instance will have a large presence of soccer players coming in within the next two years. From what I hear, 7th and 8th grade classes seem to be short numbers wise on the football side.