2021 Northern Lakes League

I would imagine that basketball would end up doubling up in your division (10/8 games) and a game against everyone in the other (5/6 games), then 4-6 true OOC games. I doubt you'd have a full 11-team basketball conference if you're recognizing the need for a split in other sports.

That would definitely work too. My only point with the single round robin is, as far as tournament goes, it's not quite as big of a disadvantage for a Napoleon to play and lose to a Whitmer or Findlay. Football that means no points and the potential for a blood bath. Basketball the smaller school can compete a bit easier and if anything, the "tougher" schedule could help with seeding.

But a double round robin in the division, 14/13 games depending on which side you're in would work as well as now that you say it, I agree is more likely.

Will be interesting if the two division format is followed which teams go where. Obviously you'd have Whitmer-Ross-Findlay-AW-Perrysburg in the big division, but who the heck wants to join them? I can't imagine Lima, Clay & Northview are chomping at the bit to be in the bigger division.

If this indeed happens and we have two divisions, no crossovers would be a mistake. I understand it being an issue in smaller leagues, but that 7th school if you will is going to have such an advantage not playing in the big division. I could see this causing problems, which is why you have to mandate crossovers just to avoid problems. Lets say Northview is the 6th school, then Lima Senior would get to play Clay, Springfield, Bowling Green, Southview and Napoleon? That's an astonishingly easier schedule then what Northview would face as the Big 5 are legitimate Top 8 D1-D2 playoff seeds annually

The only way to even it out would be to ensure from the previous season Top 2 in each division play each other, 3-4 plays each other, and 5-6 face off

Last edited:
The football divisions will be by enrollment and Northview is already complaining.

Mandatory cross overs will not avoid problems, and makes little sense in my opinion.

The football divisions will be by enrollment and Northview is already complaining.

Mandatory cross overs will not avoid problems, and makes little sense in my opinion.

Right now that would mean...Northview isn't even the smallest in the #1 division. I agree that mandatory crossovers would clearly cause issues...I think having the scheduling possibility of 6 teams on Weeks 4 and 5 is more than enough, you don't need to force that issue. Whitmer will go out and get some big teams, Perrysburg and Findlay have shown a willingness to schedule OCC teams (who also need opponents in Weeks 4 and 5), and the others could easily figure things out among themselves. Forcing crossovers will put overmatched teams on the field every year, and that's completely contradictory to the point of a two-division format.

Division 1:
Whitmer
Findlay
Perrysburg
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Fremont Ross

Division 2:
Springfield
Clay
Lima Senior
Southview
Bowling Green
Napoleon

Why not lock the biggest 4 and smallest 4, then shake up the middle 4 based on anything from a scheduled rotation to success?

If Northview finishes last 2 straight years and Springfield wins theirs 2 straight, swap them for the next 2.

How long until the redistricting in Sylvania really starts to show up? Is it possible Springfield passes Northview anyway?

Why not lock the biggest 4 and smallest 4, then shake up the middle 4 based on anything from a scheduled rotation to success?

If Northview finishes last 2 straight years and Springfield wins theirs 2 straight, swap them for the next 2.

How long until the redistricting in Sylvania really starts to show up? Is it possible Springfield passes Northview anyway?
Northview brought this on themselves lol. You'll probably see the results from Sylvania's redistricting in the next 2-3 years.

Here is the latest boys count for those 12 schools. I would be surprised when count comes out from this year that Springfield will jump Fremont and redistricting of Syvania will have them close to Northview.

1632955339027.png

Highly disagree. As I posted, it's the only solution to create a lasting NLL. You're basically going to see the TRAC form all over again because they've forced two schools to play up with the Big 4

Highly disagree. As I posted, it's the only solution to create a lasting NLL. You're basically going to see the TRAC form all over again because they've forced two schools to play up with the Big 4
Nobody forced anybody, but they did let let someone talk them into an unworkable situation.

Making six schools unhappy instead of two is not a "solution."

Here is the latest boys count for those 12 schools. I would be surprised when count comes out from this year that Springfield will jump Fremont and redistricting of Syvania will have them close to Northview.

View attachment 21760
Just looking at your numbers, if Northview and Southview balance their enrollment they are both in the small school division.

IF Lima is actually going to join the NLL for football only put them in with the big schools. They already play 3 of them and Lima is another school who I've never heard whine about who they have to play.

IF Lima is actually going to join the NLL for football only put them in with the big schools. They already play 3 of them and Lima is another school who I've never heard whine about who they have to play.
That would make the most sense IMO too...I've heard that they've let the NLL ADs know that they can use Lima to offset any openings in schedules even if they aren't formally part of the conference too. They seem to struggle mightily around Lima and WC Ohio to find games, lord knows this won't make it easier if they're in the independence wilderness.

So, what games are you all heading to this week?

I'll more than likely be heading down to Perrysburg, but I've tossed around Ross-SJJ and Wauseon-PH as well.

That would make the most sense IMO too...I've heard that they've let the NLL ADs know that they can use Lima to offset any openings in schedules even if they aren't formally part of the conference too. They seem to struggle mightily around Lima and WC Ohio to find games, lord knows this won't make it easier if they're in the independence wilderness.

There's really no one for them to play. WBL AND MVC schools have one non league game. NWC and BVC schools are too small. Their only options week 2-10 are LCC (who they've played once ever), or going to Dayton/Cincy or Toledo to find games.

I know they'd do anything to be in the WBL, but as mentioned so often in the realignment thread, the WBL will/would find literally any other option over them.

There's really no one for them to play. WBL AND MVC schools have one non league game. NWC and BVC schools are too small. Their only options week 2-10 are LCC (who they've played once ever), or going to Dayton/Cincy or Toledo to find games.

I know they'd do anything to be in the WBL, but as mentioned so often in the realignment thread, the WBL will/would find literally any other option over them.
And to be honest, without crossover games of some kind who are any of these NLL schools going to play Week 4-5? Make an agreement with the 3 catholic schools and the city league? What a mess lol

SBC. City League. They'd be fine.
From what I've been told the SBC is scrapping the 3 divisions with the departure of Oak Harbor and Woodmore coming in. It'll be a 10 team league for Football of Bellevue, Clyde, Tiffin Columbian, Norwalk, Perkins, Sandusky, Edison, Port Clinton, Vermilion and Huron. The other 8 will be in the lower division for football

SBC. City League. They'd be fine.
Yep, with the TCL, SBC, and the remaining NLL schools and Catholics, they can make 2 weeks work out, hell, I bet Findlay, Perrysburg, Anthony Wayne, and Whitmer would be fine working something out with the OCC schools who need games in 4 and 5 as well. I just don't think you want to make those crossovers mandatory.

Could I see a team like Springfield or Clay simply scheduling 5 games from the other division? Sure...but I just think that making them mandatory would produce a Napoleon/Whitmer game every now and again that would be the antithesis of this whole endevour.

From what I've been told the SBC is scrapping the 3 divisions with the departure of Oak Harbor and Woodmore coming in. It'll be a 10 team league for Football of Bellevue, Clyde, Tiffin Columbian, Norwalk, Perkins, Sandusky, Edison, Port Clinton, Vermilion and Huron
Where are Lakota, Hopewell-Loudon, Gibsonburg, Margaretta, and Willard playing football in that conference?

Where are Lakota, Hopewell-Loudon, Gibsonburg, and Willard playing football in that conference?
I updated that post. It'll supposedly be a 10/8 split; Fremont St Joe, Gibsonburg, Hopewell Loudon, Lakota, Margaretta, Tiffin Calvert, Willard and Woodmore. My suggestion was crossover games Weeks 4-5 only. So lets say it's like you set it up...

Division 1:
Whitmer
Findlay
Perrysburg
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Fremont Ross

Division 2:
Springfield
Clay
Lima Senior
Southview
Bowling Green
Napoleon

Top 2 seeds from the previous season in each division play each other Week 4-5, the 3rd and 4th place teams play each other, and 5th and 6th play each other. That way you don't have those middle 4-5 schools doing everything possible to avoid being grouped with the Big 4

I don’t think you mandate crossovers, but I’m sure they’ll happen. Some of the games would be historical rivals, they’d get scheduled.

There's really no reason to mandate crossovers. Out if convenience, 2-3 will happen per week regardless. But with the privates and the city league available (and yes, these schools will still play the privates, regardless of anything they say now), there will be enough options for those who don't want to schedule a bigger school.

I could see a week 5 slate similar to....

Whitmer-TCC
Northview-Southview
Anthony Wayne-Springfield
Perrysburg-BG
Lima-Trotwood
Findlay-St. Johns
Fremont-St. Francis
Clay-Waite
Napoleon-Scott