2021 Northern Lakes League

Who are you taking in the bg v maumee game? The game is at BG, so that is worth at least 4 points.
I honestly think it's a coin flip at this point. BG at least showed an ability to slow a good offense down this past weekend, but their own offense is non-existent. Either could win IMO, thats why they're in the same tier.

Week 5

Napoleon @ Perrysburg - Perrysburg 35-14
Anthony Wayne @ Southview - AW 42-7
Springfield @ Bowling Green - Springfield 14-7
Northview @ Maumee - Northview 35-7

I honestly think it's a coin flip at this point. BG at least showed an ability to slow a good offense down this past weekend, but their own offense is non-existent. Either could win IMO, thats why they're in the same tier.
BG did not "slow a good offense down". Don't let scoring only 35 points fool you. First team O punted once and that was after a 5 yd run and then 2 incomplete passes. Scored on 4 of 6 possessions in first half (one of the non scoring possessions was when the 1st half ended). Scored on only possession in 3Q and then backups played entire 4th Q. Walendzak only had 10 carries and still managed 110 yds and 3 TD. They literally treated the game like a scrimmage on offense, especially for the passing game. Threw the ball way more than they have. QB was 11-14 for 218 and 2 TD. Could've scored 50+ had they wanted or needed to.

BG did not "slow a good offense down". Don't let scoring only 35 points fool you. First team O punted once and that was after a 5 yd run and then 2 incomplete passes. Scored on 4 of 6 possessions in first half (one of the non scoring possessions was when the 1st half ended). Scored on only possession in 3Q and then backups played entire 4th Q. Walendzak only had 10 carries and still managed 110 yds and 3 TD. They literally treated the game like a scrimmage on offense, especially for the passing game. Threw the ball way more than they have. QB was 11-14 for 218 and 2 TD. Could've scored 50+ had they wanted or needed to.
You don't know what you are talking about.

You don't know what you are talking about.
How so? Were you at the game or did you watch the first 3? They have ran the ball the entire season. Against SJJ they went their first 9-10 plays before they threw the ball. Against BG they started the game with 2 straight passes. QB only ran it twice the whole game. They knew the BG defense was terrible and they needed to work on the passing game. So they did.

I stand corrected...that's what you get when you look at just the box score. That's one hell of a yards per play you've got there.

Week 5

Napoleon @ Perrysburg - Perrysburg 35-14
Anthony Wayne @ Southview - AW 42-7
Springfield @ Bowling Green - Springfield 14-7
Northview @ Maumee - Northview 35-7
I think results are right, but I'm going to move around the scores a bit:

Perrysburg over Napoleon 41-7
Anthony Wayne over Southview 42-6
Springfield over Bowling Green 31-14
Northview over Maumee 31-7

I stand corrected...that's what you get when you look at just the box score. That's one hell of a yards per play you've got there.
393 yds on 34 plays. And I'm sure several of those plays were from the backups in the 4Q when they didn't gain much.

I just looked and the backups had 5 plays for about 28 yds and fumbled on the 5th play. So it was about 365 yds on 29 plays for 12.5 yds per play.

How so? Were you at the game or did you watch the first 3? They have ran the ball the entire season. Against SJJ they went their first 9-10 plays before they threw the ball. Against BG they started the game with 2 straight passes. QB only ran it twice the whole game. They knew the BG defense was terrible and they needed to work on the passing game. So they did.
I was on the Perrysburg sideline, and not part of the BGHS chain crew.

393 yds on 34 plays. And I'm sure several of those plays were from the backups in the 4Q when they didn't gain much.

I just looked and the backups had 5 plays for about 28 yds and fumbled on the 5th play. So it was about 365 yds on 29 plays for 12.5 yds per play.

Yikes...that isn't even an entertaining game from the winning perspective at that point. Way better things to do than hang around on a Friday watching a misdemeanor occur in an open field.

BS. not fair enough.

is not "I know what I'm talking about." It's a non-committment to anything that could be challenged. Hold your ground!
Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. Was my statement mostly hyperbole, sure. Did the coaching staff go into the game treating it like a "scrimmage"? Of course not. Coach Connor knows the BG personnel better than anyone. I also know what the gameplan was. It was definitely to work more on the passing game.

They knew they could run the ball ALL DAY on BG because they don't have the players to stop Pburg's running game. Findlay showed that BG's pass D isn't very good either. What has Coach Connor preached? Not being so one dimensional and getting others to "step up" besides Walendzak and most recently Takats. This was a great game to work on the passing game. That said, they still probably didn't get to work on it as much as they wanted because of big plays. I mean, Takats only had 14 attempts. And Coach Connor wasn't going to "run it up" on his old players and school.

It doesn’t really matter what Perrysburg does is any game outside of Anthony Wayne. They’re not good enough to win a D1 playoff game, you can’t average 225 lb on the dline in D1. I get two platooning and I think they have to get to that point but even they’re own OLine averages about 265.

It doesn’t really matter what Perrysburg does is any game outside of Anthony Wayne. They’re not good enough to win a D1 playoff game, you can’t average 225 lb on the dline in D1. I get two platooning and I think they have to get to that point but even they’re own OLine averages about 265.
Disagree. Depends on where they end up in the ranking (where and who they play). If they win out and end up 8-2 they will be in the top 8 and host a playoff game. They could certainly win a 1st round game. Anything after that would be tough.

Regarding the DL, I get it, but they also dominated a Findlay OL that averages what, 275+? They other thing is I think they are getting better. Getting more comfortable in the new offensive and defensive schemes.

With apologies to our fine Trojan posters, are you sure you want to use Findlay as a barometer?
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

This week‘s predictions:

Perrysburg over Napoleon by 40-50
Springfiled beats BG by 20
NV beats Maumee by 20
The SV-AW game will be decided by less than a TD…either team can win.

Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. Was my statement mostly hyperbole, sure. Did the coaching staff go into the game treating it like a "scrimmage"? Of course not. Coach Connor knows the BG personnel better than anyone. I also know what the gameplan was. It was definitely to work more on the passing game.

They knew they could run the ball ALL DAY on BG because they don't have the players to stop Pburg's running game. Findlay showed that BG's pass D isn't very good either. What has Coach Connor preached? Not being so one dimensional and getting others to "step up" besides Walendzak and most recently Takats. This was a great game to work on the passing game. That said, they still probably didn't get to work on it as much as they wanted because of big plays. I mean, Takats only had 14 attempts. And Coach Connor wasn't going to "run it up" on his old players and school.
I would also say that having coached there last year and knowing the BG players, there was a chivalry aspect where he didnt want to beat BG by 70. Not a good look if he would have done that.

This week‘s predictions:

Perrysburg over Napoleon by 40-50
Springfiled beats BG by 20
NV beats Maumee by 20
The SV-AW game will be decided by less than a TD…either team can win.
Perrysburg over Napoleon by 14
Springfiled beats BG by 6
NV beats Maumee by 7
The SV in an upset

This week‘s predictions:

Perrysburg over Napoleon by 50+
Springfield over BG by 14
Northview beats Maumee by 28
AW over Southview by 35

I'm not taking the SV Kool-Aid (unless they're buying). I say no game is closer than three scores.

With SJJ being on the injury list and having no chance against CCHS, I think the only game of any interest will be at Scott. I wonder if they still have those big dogs at concessions.....

Last edited:
Reactions: AXE
Well, we know where PBurgFan will be...where is everyone else heading to catch some Friday Night Lights this week? I'm between Whitmer-Findlay and the aforementioned Clyde and Scott game. Were I more adventurous I may have checked out Archbold-LC or Elmwood-Otsego.

Well, we know where PBurgFan will be...where is everyone else heading to catch some Friday Night Lights this week? I'm between Whitmer-Findlay and the aforementioned Clyde and Scott game. Were I more adventurous I may have checked out Archbold-LC or Elmwood-Otsego.
I'll be at the AW vs. SV game!

Thanks for the confidence guys, but Pburg isn't putting up 40-50 on Napoleon. I hope they do of course, but I just think that's going to be hard. Napoleon will run the ball a ton and take time off the clock and their D isn't horrible. And if they get up by 30 in the second half, the running clock and lack of offensive depth will not allow Pburg to score much.

What Pburg needs is a couple of TO's from the defense. IIRC, they have only created one TO in 4 games. That was an INT vs Findlay.

And to those picking SV or thinking it will be close.......I respectfully disagree LOL. AW will beat them by 30+. I'll be shocked if they don't.

PburgFan, I think you are going to be shocked.
Curious as to what your reasons are for thinking it will be close? Honestly, I don't know much about SV this year other than they are pretty young. Sounds like most of their skill positions are Sophomores (QB, RB and WR).

My feeling is that AW and Tiffin Columbian are pretty similar and TC beat them 56-0 in the first half. They only scored 18 on Springfield and they are pretty bad.

We'll see.