2021 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is 1000% correct. I also agree that there are a lot of Massillon fans that need to listen to this about 20 times.
Go on the Ohio State thread and see if the coaches are getting a pass.

Just how long are we suppose to watch the TB run up the middle and get injured and knocked out of the title game before anyone is "ALLOWED" to mention it?!

He is 1000% correct. I also agree that there are a lot of Massillon fans that need to listen to this about 20 times.

Just how long are we suppose to watch the TB run up the middle and get injured and knocked out of the title game, before anyone is "ALLOWED" to mention it?!

There's a difference between legitimate criticism and random bashing!

The coach used to be open to normal discussion of his strategies "Win or Lose" on the "Coaches Hotseat" after EVERY game.

For some reason that was discontinued and NOW, if you even ask the most basic question, your loyalty is questioned, by the "REAL" fans and you are banned from team sites like "Massillon Proud".

Last edited:
I came into the Massillon thread for the first time last year when Ed’s and Massillon scheduled a game and wanted to hear what the opinions were about the game. I questioned the special teams and head coaching advantages that were perceived by a few posters and was absolutely blasted by four backers. In the end, those two areas resulted in a loss to that Massillon should not have had. Haven’t posted in a while since then because of the dedicated amount of time some of the posters spend on this site.

Nobody is suggesting that Moore hasn't done a tremendous job, but changes need to be made on the staff. It's going to be a tough pill to take if we come up short next year with all the talent we're returning. Like it or not the standard at Massillon is championships and nothing less will ever become the expectation.

Nobody is suggesting that Moore hasn't done a tremendous job, but changes need to be made on the staff. It's going to be a tough pill to take if we come up short next year with all the talent we're returning. Like it or not the standard at Massillon is championships and nothing less will ever become the expectation.
Championships ????? They haven't won one since 1973

I came into the Massillon thread for the first time last year when Ed’s and Massillon scheduled a game and wanted to hear what the opinions were about the game. I questioned the special teams and head coaching advantages that were perceived by a few posters and was absolutely blasted by four backers. In the end, those two areas resulted in a loss to that Massillon should not have had. Haven’t posted in a while since then because of the dedicated amount of time some of the posters spend on this site.
Dude most of us are sensible people. Not all unfortunately. I like to discuss things and talk about things. I won’t blast you. Simple discussion about our kids and teams are fun. So come back and discuss the game when we play again. Sorry about those 4 but I bet I know who 2 of them were and I guess they have been banned

But see the post above, we have to deal with guys like that. Just simple trolling but it’s all good

Last edited:
Remember when Massillon fans actually held the staff to a high standard? Those were the days.

Now you get ridiculed for suggesting that after 4 years of no improvement on offense that it may be time for a shakeup on that side of the ball.
We should be able to talk about it and try to push for better. I mean it’s for our kids own good right?

Just how long are we suppose to watch the TB run up the middle and get injured and knocked out of the title game before anyone is "ALLOWED" to mention it?!
4 straight seasons our starting tailback has been put out for the year. Keyes was more concussion I believe but the other 3 were lower leg injuries smh

Hoban’s Starting QB lives in Jackson Twp
Yes he does you are correct. But he was still going to Massillon. His dad is a legend there and the intent was for the boys to play at Massillon. That’s why one is still there and Jay would’ve been still if not for some things that happened. But every family has the right to go to another school if they choose. That’s what was decided and we move on. I still wish that kid nothing but the best. He’s a good kid and has a good family. I’ve known both sides of his families for years

Just how long are we suppose to watch the TB run up the middle and get injured and knocked out of the title game, before anyone is "ALLOWED" to mention it?!

The coach used to be open to normal discussion of his strategies "Win or Lose" on the "Coaches Hotseat" after EVERY game.

For some reason that was discontinued and NOW, if you even ask the most basic question, your loyalty is questioned, by the "REAL" fans and you are banned from team sites like "Massillon Proud".
The support for Moore and this staff among some within the fan base is almost cultish at this point. They attack anyone who even begins to bring up stats or opinions that are deemed slightly critical of the staff.

God forbid they take off their orange and black glasses for 5 minutes and discuss the reality that since ‘18 we have gotten further and further from a championship each year until now we are at the point that we lost to a Fed team that lost to Jackson, Hoover, and McKinley in a game that we failed to even throw for 50yds and had almost 200yds in penalties (they weren’t all bogus calls).

The support for Moore and this staff among some within the fan base is almost cultish at this point. They attack anyone who even begins to bring up stats or opinions that are deemed slightly critical of the staff.

God forbid they take off their orange and black glasses for 5 minutes and discuss the reality that since ‘18 we have gotten further and further from a championship each year until now we are at the point that we lost to a Fed team that lost to Jackson, Hoover, and McKinley in a game that we failed to even throw for 50yds and had almost 200yds in penalties (they weren’t all bogus calls).
Definitely attack anyone. I’ve been on the receiving end. I have a few PM’s telling me I’m not a real Tiger. And others on here feel the same way. The name calling. But I’ll keep that to myself. And All because I don’t like or care for shirts being made by a fricking coach that says fed champs on it. I mean honestly it’s so classless. Or his constant trash talking our opponents. He’s a goof. Nobody will convince me otherwise either. I’m not all about trashing our coaches. I tell people the great things that happen that I know of, and I call out when I think we fall short.

I was outed on Massillon Proud, by the owner (who was a recent Booster Club president} for comparing the pressure put on Danny Clark and what it did to Todd Marinovich (USC).

He identified me and encouraged other posters to harass me (which criminal liability attaches to).

I reported it to booster club officials, when they first announced he was to be named as president, of their organization. Yet that is the type of persons and fans that the Massillon Booster is looking for, to take leadership position(s) in their organization!

Last edited:
I don’t know. I don’t know why they’re both hiding anyway. We have a good program to be proud of. Sometimes things don’t go your way and you have to congratulate your opponent and move on
Tiger #33 You Sir are a true square shooter! You guys most certainly have a lot to be proud of! In all honesty I for one am envious of what's going on in Tiger Town! I just wish that the Panthers could turn the corner on your team! Good luck next year!

Tiger #33 You Sir are a true square shooter! You guys most certainly have a lot to be proud of! In all honesty I for one am envious of what's going on in Tiger Town! I just wish that the Panthers could turn the corner on your team! Good luck next year!
Lol and that’s exactly how you should feel. Support your team and love it there’s nothing wrong with that at all. We’ve been on the wrong end a few times against Perry. Perry had some tough teams recently. A couple state championship games and then Unfortunately for you guys they ran into a few of Massillon’s better offensive teams in our schools history. Perry will be back. They have some tough kids over their. Slates is just learning how to be a head coach. It’s much different than being an assistant. Give him some time

Never said that the staff should get a pass. Far from it. We definitely need to make some changes, especially on the offensive side of the ball.
I was alluding to the fact that some of our fans seem to now be ok with staying home and streaming the game instead of going to it. I am also alluding to the fact that some of our fans don't go to games that they think we should win easily. You can't tell me that the attendance at the Winton Woods game, had we beaten Green, would have been the same as the attendance for the Independence game.
I just feel that Moore has done such a good job of creating a winning culture here, that some fans have become spoiled, just like Saban was saying. I also believe that Ohio State and Clemson fans, along with Alabama fans, are also terribly spoiled.

Never said that the staff should get a pass. Far from it. We definitely need to make some changes, especially on the offensive side of the ball.
I was alluding to the fact that some of our fans seem to now be ok with staying home and streaming the game instead of going to it. I am also alluding to the fact that some of our fans don't go to games that they think we should win easily. You can't tell me that the attendance at the Winton Woods game, had we beaten Green, would have been the same as the attendance for the Independence game.
I just feel that Moore has done such a good job of creating a winning culture here, that some fans have become spoiled, just like Saban was saying. I also believe that Ohio State and Clemson fans, along with Alabama fans, are also terribly spoiled.
If Moore were nearly perfect and there were minor issues, then the ingratitude of complaining by fans should be called out.

Unfortunately, the gap in talent was still so wide, in the last three state championships games, that ANY complaint could be mischaracterized as NOT BEING A LOYAL FAN, OF THE PROGRAM. Since any change wouldn't have altered the outcome significantly.

It doesn't take an expert to figure out when you are running up the middle (or can be predicted, as the Columbus Big Walnut coach did) that you run the same play 23 / 25 times, you could almost be charged with child abuse, when you have a history of getting THAT RB knock out of the lineup YEAR AFTER YEAR.

No one wants anything more than the best for the ENTIRE program and if they are bashing anyone they need to be called out and banned.

Moore needs to do some post season program evaluation and be certain, that his management of the program, has no MAJOR issues, holding back its performance and then deal with them accordingly.

Any year but especially with once in a decade talent, reportedly coming up!

As far as the other issues, technology should be used to enhance the presentation of the program, on the internet. It will add revenue and still allow the fans unable to attend, to watch the games. I think the complaints against live televising of games are unfounded, due to the offset in revenue and the need of some fans, who are unable to attend, to have access to the games.

People were spoiled with the culture at Massillon, long before Moore arrived but the support organizations, at times attack legitimate input, in reference to its performance, on the field and by the coaching staff.

That is NEVER appropriate but if THEY were getting the message back to the right people (administration and coaching staff) then it could be somewhat understood.

In the present case it appears that the coaching staff is unwilling or unable to see a problem?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.