2021 Elder Football

I will say this... If Elder didn't have Ramsey they may have won 3 games. If X lost either Kellom or McCaughey they still win 8 or 9 games. Ramsey is doing what he's doing with a lot less.
Can you imagine what Ramsey could do if he wasn’t the focus of every defense they played?

I know the season is over, but watching Moeller take out West tonight with that sophomore running back was impressive. He's going to be a handful the next couple seasons.

Also getting some serious 2012 vibes from this Moeller team, the one opposite Elder-Colerain, beats Colerain in the R4 Final, then avoids the R1 Champ and instead gets the R2 Champ Whitmer in the State Finals.

Not sure this team gets past Springfield next week (would be the 3rd and different GCLS team to beat the Wildcats in the State Semifinal in the past 3 years), but I know many thought the X-West Winner was a shoe-in to the R4 Title. With 16 teams making the playoffs, the seeding/draw becomes even more important moving forward.

I know the season is over, but watching Moeller take out West tonight with that sophomore running back was impressive. He's going to be a handful the next couple seasons.

Also getting some serious 2012 vibes from this Moeller team, the one opposite Elder-Colerain, beats Colerain in the R4 Final, then avoids the R1 Champ and instead gets the R2 Champ Whitmer in the State Finals.

Not sure this team gets past Springfield next week (would be the 3rd and different GCLS team to beat the Wildcats in the State Semifinal in the past 3 years), but I know many thought the X-West Winner was a shoe-in to the R4 Title. With 16 teams making the playoffs, the seeding/draw becomes even more important moving forward.
I got that feeling too. Their win over Eds reminded me of when they took down that loaded Trinity team with Quick & Dawkins. It’s also a good reason why Elder needs to adjust their Defensive personnel. I think Flowers needs to stay on D full time. I’d also look to see if Summers can play D. As I said after the X playoff game, there were some guys playing that really shouldn’t be playing next year.

Last edited:
Watched some of the Ohio State - Michigan State game today. After OSU built a big lead and took out the 1's, Joe Royer came in and played most of the second half. Mostly as a blocking TE.
Jacob James came in on the last series with 1:00 left in the game at center.

Watched some of the Ohio State - Michigan State game today. After OSU built a big lead and took out the 1's, Joe Royer came in and played most of the second half. Mostly as a blocking TE.
Jacob James came in on the last series with 1:00 left in the game at center.
Good for each of them. These guys work so hard and put in so much time...nice to get on that field in front of 100K. Altiora

Both Louisville X and St Eds won state titles. I could go on about other teams. 8 out 10 teams won a playoff game on the schedule. (To be fair Beacon Hill and Football North don't do playoffs.) Had we played St Louis St Mary's we would have played three teams that won a state title.

Both Louisville X and St Eds won state titles. I could go on about other teams. 8 out 10 teams won a playoff game on the schedule. (To be fair Beacon Hill and Football North don't do playoffs.) Had we played St Louis St Mary's we would have played three teams that won a state title.

I understand, this isn’t what you’re saying. However, I don’t want Elder to take pride in being a punching bag for better teams. The program is above that. Getting blown out by the state champ isn’t an achievement.