2021 Elder Football

I saw this in an article by Scott Springer previewing St. Xavier.

Is this a double header then or not? I can't figure out why this is such a big secret. It's just a soccer stadium. Not that big of a deal. I'm much more interested in watching the games than checking out TQL.
I am guessing it is a double header because why would the Elder/CovCath game start at 5? They need time for the second game.

Someone from X on a thread somewhere (I know I am giving a lot of detail) said the X/West game was at X. So I used that as my source. If Scott Springer is talking about it with Spect, I would bet the game is at TQL over a random poster on yappi.

I think Covid has something with the delay, but with about 30 days before the game, you would think they would have announced it.

Very, very little chance of that happening unless FC Cincinnati is willing to host the games for free or pay the OHSAA to host them.
How so? Wouldn’t the contract for the playoff games at Piqua run out at some point? Why would FC Cincy not be able to make $ off hosting those games?

The OHSAA pays to use facilities for the playoffs. If Mason or Piqua or are essentially free because schools use the playoff game as a fundraiser staffed by volunteers, but using TQL or Nippert requires the OHSAA to pay 5 or 6 figures, the OHSAA's decision is easy.

The OHSAA pays to use facilities for the playoffs. If Mason or Piqua or are essentially free because schools use the playoff game as a fundraiser staffed by volunteers, but using TQL or Nippert requires the OHSAA to pay 5 or 6 figures, the OHSAA's decision is easy.
Well, that makes sense.

Correct along with the 2 HS being Turf. Win-Win for OHSAA at those HS sites.

X seniors voted not to play at FC because it meant losing a home game. Maybe that killed it being a double header.

It is X’s home game against West, if they don’t play it at X the first home game they will have is week 5. So as part of the process they let the people who it means the most to have a voice. They also don’t want to have to worry about delays or other distractions being part of a doubleheader. All sounds pretty logical to me.

Will be much closer this time around. Cov Cath has been very good lately. Surviving with a win is all I'm hoping for.
They’ll be as good as the Highlands teams Elder played towards the end of the series (2013 & 2014). They don’t have a Michael Mayer like the last time they played LS.

What’s the early assessment on Pick Central? Very good as normal or a down year?
Pick Central fan here, lurking here to get info on Elder. ?

Pick Central should be strong again especially in the trenches. We return all four starting d-linemen from last year. Two are committed to UC, one is committed to Ball State, and the 4th has offers from UC, Indiana, and several MAC schools.

On the o-line we return 3 starters. One is committed to Rutgers and another has multiple offers including UC.

We graduated our starting QB, RB, and top WR from last year’s team as well as most of the defensive secondary so we’ll be inexperienced at the skill positions. However there are a lot of talented players ready to step in.

The most notable player right now is Sonny Styles (class of 2023). He’s a 5 star prospect with offers from EVERYONE. He’s 6’4” and change and about 215. Played free safety last year but this year you could see him at free safety, strong safety, linebacker, WR, RB, or even TE. He’s special.

We open up at Massillon then host Elder, and follow that with North Allegheny PA. The young guys will have to grow up fast. However I truly believe the cancellation of our non-league games due to Covid last year hurt us in the playoffs (championship). We were better than what we showed against X. But to that point in the season we hadn’t been tested or faced any adversity. I believe we had a running clock in 9 of our 11 wins last season and while we only beat Mentor by a TD in the semifinals we led that game 21-0 in the first half. The championship game was the first time all season we weren’t ahead 2-3 TDs at the end of the 1st Q.

I want Pick Central to beat Elder but honestly regardless of the outcome Im sure the game will make us a better team down the stretch. Glad our programs got this game scheduled.

Pick Central fan here, lurking here to get info on Elder. ?

Pick Central should be strong again especially in the trenches. We return all four starting d-linemen from last year. Two are committed to UC, one is committed to Ball State, and the 4th has offers from UC, Indiana, and several MAC schools.

On the o-line we return 3 starters. One is committed to Rutgers and another has multiple offers including UC.

We graduated our starting QB, RB, and top WR from last year’s team as well as most of the defensive secondary so we’ll be inexperienced at the skill positions. However there are a lot of talented players ready to step in.

The most notable player right now is Sonny Styles (class of 2023). He’s a 5 star prospect with offers from EVERYONE. He’s 6’4” and change and about 215. Played free safety last year but this year you could see him at free safety, strong safety, linebacker, WR, RB, or even TE. He’s special.

We open up at Massillon then host Elder, and follow that with North Allegheny PA. The young guys will have to grow up fast. However I truly believe the cancellation of our non-league games due to Covid last year hurt us in the playoffs (championship). We were better than what we showed against X. But to that point in the season we hadn’t been tested or faced any adversity. I believe we had a running clock in 9 of our 11 wins last season and while we only beat Mentor by a TD in the semifinals we led that game 21-0 in the first half. The championship game was the first time all season we weren’t ahead 2-3 TDs at the end of the 1st Q.

I want Pick Central to beat Elder but honestly regardless of the outcome Im sure the game will make us a better team down the stretch. Glad our programs got this game scheduled.
Thanks for sharing. Nothing but respect for PC and really any public school that competes at the highest level. PC is now the premiere public football school in Ohio and a force to be reckoned with.

I am not connected enough to provide you a detailed report on Elder but continue to check back and preseason articles are sure to be published. The quarterback and do it all WR/Slot/Wildcat/RB are the two most notable returning players. Neither is likely to get a D1 scholarship.

Thanks for sharing. Nothing but respect for PC and really any public school that competes at the highest level. PC is now the premiere public football school in Ohio and a force to be reckoned with.

I am not connected enough to provide you a detailed report on Elder but continue to check back and preseason articles are sure to be published. The quarterback and do it all WR/Slot/Wildcat/RB are the two most notable returning players. Neither is likely to get a D1 scholarship.
Ramsey already has offers from Toledo & Miami. Hambleton might be an Ivy League or Patriot League recruit

In saying that; I’m shocked as to why he doesn’t have more offers - why? He seems to be a legit D1 talent.

Especially with the connections his dad has to have, and with Peyton being such a highly thought after college player, with a tremendous work ethic.

I'd be shocked if UC doesn't go after Ramsey at some point. They might move him to defense though.
Not sure about the Defense part. Agree and kind of surprised UC not interested or made an offer yet. He has to be one of the better prospects in the area. They been hitting the “area/region” pretty hard under Fickell.