2020 La Salle Lancers

DuPont Manual has won 671 games in their history. This won't be a walk in the park for the Lanncers. They went 9-3 last year.
They also lost to Scott County, so you have to look at the competition level also. Scott County is a great program but historically LaSalle has always beaten Scott County pretty good! Never know though.

They also lost to Scott County, so you have to look at the competition level also. Scott County is a great program but historically LaSalle has always beaten Scott County pretty good! Never know though.

This team has a very good RB, which is a concern for me given the first three games. Breaking in a new QB in Game 1 for them, though. Manual us ranked No.4 in KY Class 6A. Think about CovCath and go handle business.

only played part of the first q. no comments from announcers.........
Payne was having ankle problems before the game and wasn’t expected to play much. Branam was also feeling pretty sore so he did not get as many carries either. Overall still played pretty well and got the win. Going to be a tough one next week.

Payne was having ankle problems before the game and wasn’t expected to play much. Branam was also feeling pretty sore so he did not get as many carries either. Overall still played pretty well and got the win. Going to be a tough one next week.

Hopefully Payne and Branam are mended up and feeling good. This is a really tough team this week.

Maybe CHS~Irish can tell us what to expect from the Irish Friday.

Payne will not be playing in this weeks game against Cathedral. Branam will play but is limited.

Get them healthy. Tough game this week anyway that really doesn't mean anything. Next week is more important and Week 7 or more likely, 8, even more so.

Here's a question, though: If an undermanned La Salle loses this week and goes into seeding 3-2 with losses to X and Cathedral, how do DII coaches seed them? I think we know a full-strength La Salle and Winton Woods are the tops teams in the region and I think we can assume the seeding will not necessarily reflect that because 5-0 (at the time) will have to be respected in a sense. PLUS, the subjectivity of it will lead to some weird votes. IMO, anyway.

Get them healthy. Tough game this week anyway that really doesn't mean anything. Next week is more important and Week 7 or more likely, 8, even more so.

Here's a question, though: If an undermanned La Salle loses this week and goes into seeding 3-2 with losses to X and Cathedral, how do DII coaches seed them? I think we know a full-strength La Salle and Winton Woods are the tops teams in the region and I think we can assume the seeding will not necessarily reflect that because 5-0 (at the time) will have to be respected in a sense. PLUS, the subjectivity of it will lead to some weird votes. IMO, anyway.
I think it really depends as far as their seeding is concerned, Depends on whether it is a blow out or lose in a tight struggle. Getting blown out probably be below Kings and all the other teams that have not lost a game; if it’s a close game, lose By Less than a touchdown they’ll probably get a number three or four seed

Should they happen to win the probably a number one seed

Keys to winning keep cathedral honest up the middle cover the edge and the young LS runners need to kick it up a notch and keep the offense on the field. Must make those third and 3, 3rd and four into a first down. Keep cathedral off the field..........

Just my thoughts

Hopefully Payne and Branam are mended up and feeling good. This is a really tough team this week.

Maybe CHS~Irish can tell us what to expect from the Irish Friday.

I apologize. I just saw this thread and that you had asked. First and foremost:

Cathedral likely starters for LaSalle game:
Offense:
LT #73 Owen Wood 6'5" 330 lbs Jr
LG #65 Will Sizemore 6'5" 300 lbs Sr
C #51 Lane Fowler 6'1" 260 lbs Jr
RG #74 Chris Farah 6'4" 275 lbs Jr
RT #50 Cooper Koers 6'6" 280 lbs Jr
TE #86 Brennan Wooten 6'3" 235 lbs So
WR #4 Camden Jordan 6'0" 175 lbs Sr
WR #3 David Perry 5'10" 175 lbs Jr
WR #13 Jaron Tibbs 6'3" 180 lbs So
RB #30 Jake Langdon 6'0" 200 lbs Sr
QB #16 Nathan McCahill 6'0" 180 lbs Sr
Other Offense contributors:
TE #84 Parker Spellacy 6'5" 215 lbs Jr
WR #22 Michael Page 5'10" 150 lbs Jr
RB #9 Seth Mencer 6'0" 175 lbs Jr

Defense:
DE #57 David Guhl 6'1" 235 lbs Sr
NG #59 Dominic Seibal 6'1" 225 lbs Jr
DE #43 Jayden Scruggs 6'1" 230 lbs Sr
ILB #47 Jack Goheen 6'1" 195 lbs Jr
ILB #5 Hudson Miller 6'0" 205 lbs Jr
ILB #39Farrell Henderson 5'10" 220 lbs Sr
OLB #36 John Paul Koscielski 6'1" 205 Sr
OLB #12 Jeff Utzinger 6'2" 205" Jr
CB #19 Zane Hill 6'1" 170 lbs Sr
CB #32 Anthony Kwiatkowski 5'10" 160 lbs Jr
FS #7 Bryce Llewellyn 5'10" 200 lbs Jr

I am not sure what to expect from this game. LaSalle's secondary will be a very good challenge for the Irish WR's. Cathedral has been pretty balanced offensively between run and pass. They can put up points in a hurry. The team speed for the Irish is very good for the Irish this year. Offensively the Irish have a big O-line that has been playing very well, and although their RB doesn't stick out as flashy he is a very hard runner with terrific vision and speed. The QB has been playing very well this season, he had a couple of bad plays against St. Xavier but overall he has been a great team leader. The defense while not a lot returning has continued to get better each week. They had one of their best games against St, X. They are very good against the run and last week really stepped up to the challenge in pass defense with good pressure and forcing a couple turnovers. They lost the turnover game against St. X and pulled out a win which doesn't happen often.

It will definitely be a physical game. There have been some close games between the Irish and the Lancer's (both schools are similar in student body size). I remember a tight one at Nippert in their most recent battle 7-6 Cathedral victory. I also remember the game from I think 1999 when Cathedral pulled out a 10 point win (I think it was 34-24), Cathedral's RB Otis Shannon had 49 carries for 490 yards in that game and had total yards of 500+ from scrimmage, it was insane numbers in such a tight game. I look forward to a great game and hope everyone stays healthy.

Offense:

Defense:

I am not sure what to expect from this game. LaSalle's secondary will be a very good challenge for the Irish WR's. Cathedral has been pretty balanced offensively between run and pass. They can put up points in a hurry. The team speed for the Irish is very good for the Irish this year. Offensively the Irish have a big O-line that has been playing very well, and although their RB doesn't stick out as flashy he is a very hard runner with terrific vision and speed. The QB has been playing very well this season, he had a couple of bad plays against St. Xavier but overall he has been a great team leader. The defense while not a lot returning has continued to get better each week. They had one of their best games against St, X. They are very good against the run and last week really stepped up to the challenge in pass defense with good pressure and forcing a couple turnovers. They lost the turnover game against St. X and pulled out a win which doesn't happen often.

It will definitely be a physical game. There have been some close games between the Irish and the Lancer's (both schools are similar in student body size). I remember a tight one at Nippert in their most recent battle 7-6 Cathedral victory. I also remember the game from I think 1999 when Cathedral pulled out a 10 point win (I think it was 34-24), Cathedral's RB Otis Shannon had 49 carries for 490 yards in that game and had total yards of 500+ from scrimmage, it was insane numbers in such a tight game. I look forward to a great game and hope everyone stays healthy.
Holy Crap ! What are you guys feeding them down there ????

Offense:

Defense:

Thanks for the info!

Offense:

Defense:

Thank you! This is great info.

I was really looking forward to this game under normal circumstances. It seems La Salle is just not healthy this week and your guys are going to miss one of the best RBs in the state of Ohio with our QB limited as well. But, who knows?! That said, I'm looking forward to how our D faces another solid run game. They did just fine last week against a very good back and huge line. Facing teams like this really steel our fellas for the playoffs.

I was really looking forward to this game under normal circumstances. It seems La Salle is just not healthy this week and your guys are going to miss one of the best RBs in the state of Ohio with our QB limited as well. But, who knows?! That said, I'm looking forward to how our D faces another solid run game. They did just fine last week against a very good back and huge line. Facing teams like this really steel our fellas for the playoffs.

I never like to see young men who put in hard work to play get injured. Hopefully the Lancers will get healthy for a playoff push!

Branam is starting on Friday

I hear from someone very close to the program that there are about 10 injured guys. I hate to hear that. He thinks the lack of weight lifting & conditioning is playing a factor. Says this covid did a number on the off season strength and conditioning program. I'm a WWs backer and we were off for 27 days in July and had to administer Zoom workouts for those days and the kids who didn't partake in those workouts and didn't do much conditioning on their own are coming up w these nic nac injuries. Hope those guys get well.

Quickie stats for Cathedral through 5 games:

Passing
#16 N. McCahill 94 of 139 1,407 yds. 15 TD 3 Int

Rushing
#30 J. Langdon 82 Car 495 yds 4 TD
#16 N. McCahill 46 Car 267 yds 6 TD
#9 S. Mencer 18 Car 150 yds 2 TD

Receiving
#4 C. Jordan 32 Rec 483 yds 7 TD
#22 M. Page 19 Rec 280 yds 2 TD
#13 J. Tibbs 8 Rec 204 yds 1 TD
#86 B. Wooten 13 Rec 199 yds
#3 D. Perry 8 Rec 130 yds 2 TD
#30 J. Langdon 7 Rec 111 yds 1 TD
#84 P. Spellacy 6 Rec 70 yds
#9 S. Mencer 2 Rec 9 yds 1 TD

Defense
#5 H. Miller 32 Tckls 4 TFL 2 Sacks
#12 J. Utzinger 31 Tckls 1 TFL 2 Sack 2 Int
#7 B. Llewellyn 23 Tckls
#39 F. Henderson 20 Tckls 5.5 TFL 1 Sack
#47 J. Goheen 17 Tckls 3.5 TFL
#6 K. Bonner 13 Tckls
#36 J. Koscielski 13 Tckls 1 TFL
#32 A Kwiatkowski 13 Tckls 1 Int
#43 J. Scruggs 11 Tckls 2 TFL 1 Sack
#59 D. Seibal 11 Tckls 2 TFL 2 Sacks
#57 D. Guhl 10 Tckls 4 TFL 3 Sacks
#19 Z. Hill 9 Tckls 1 TFL 3 Int

Kicking
#8 B. Gomez 18 of 19 PAT's 4 of 5 FG's

I hear from someone very close to the program that there are about 10 injured guys. I hate to hear that. He thinks the lack of weight lifting & conditioning is playing a factor. Says this covid did a number on the off season strength and conditioning program. I'm a WWs backer and we were off for 27 days in July and had to administer Zoom workouts for those days and the kids who didn't partake in those workouts and didn't do much conditioning on their own are coming up w these nic nac injuries. Hope those guys get well.
Cathedral or Lasalle?

Pretty proud of that effort considering all who were missing. Go get em next week, fellas.

As you should be. Was extremely impressed with the speed of the Lancers defense. They have been one of the fastest defenses the Irish have played. Like I said Cathedral has a lot of team speed this year offensively. LaSalle was able to match that speed and made for an interesting battle all night. Branam is a terrific player and leader! Sure didn't play like he was dinged up, he showed a lot of heart all night as well as many other players. Was very impressed with the TE for the Lancers.

As for the Irish this was a great game for them to play. Not because of the win, but because of the challenge and adversity to their WR's and big play capabilities. The question is always what happens when your star WR's are being held in check? Who steps up, who makes plays? What does your star player do when he has been frustrated all night? With games that have adversity that is what you find out. Our QB McCahill has been great for us this year. Even when he was pressured last night he made plays using his feet. Our top WR Jordan even though greatly challenged made a couple of clutch plays. Our TE Wooten isn't lighting it up with TD's but he made some crucial plays. On defense (which is young) a few players are making plays in crucial times. Our LB Miller was dinged u and a game time decision, he played and even made some crucial TFL's. These things bode well when you hit the tournament. LaSalle brought a hug challenge to the Irish.

I wasn't just saying it when I said I didn't know what to expect from this game. I knew the secondary for the Lancers would create sme challenges for our offense. I also stated our RB Langdon isn't a flashy RB but he works hard, keeps his legs moving, and can be a load. The running of Langdon and McCahill played a big role for the Irish. Our coach mentioned that LaSalle did their did great game prep! Said they ran a slightly different defense than they usually do which forced them to make some changes along the O-line at halftme.

No matter what I wish the Lancers the best on the rest of the season. fantastic football team with some great players.

As you should be. Was extremely impressed with the speed of the Lancers defense. They have been one of the fastest defenses the Irish have played. Like I said Cathedral has a lot of team speed this year offensively. LaSalle was able to match that speed and made for an interesting battle all night. Branam is a terrific player and leader! Sure didn't play like he was dinged up, he showed a lot of heart all night as well as many other players. Was very impressed with the TE for the Lancers.

As for the Irish this was a great game for them to play. Not because of the win, but because of the challenge and adversity to their WR's and big play capabilities. The question is always what happens when your star WR's are being held in check? Who steps up, who makes plays? What does your star player do when he has been frustrated all night? With games that have adversity that is what you find out. Our QB McCahill has been great for us this year. Even when he was pressured last night he made plays using his feet. Our top WR Jordan even though greatly challenged made a couple of clutch plays. Our TE Wooten isn't lighting it up with TD's but he made some crucial plays. On defense (which is young) a few players are making plays in crucial times. Our LB Miller was dinged u and a game time decision, he played and even made some crucial TFL's. These things bode well when you hit the tournament. LaSalle brought a hug challenge to the Irish.

I wasn't just saying it when I said I didn't know what to expect from this game. I knew the secondary for the Lancers would create sme challenges for our offense. I also stated our RB Langdon isn't a flashy RB but he works hard, keeps his legs moving, and can be a load. The running of Langdon and McCahill played a big role for the Irish. Our coach mentioned that LaSalle did their did great game prep! Said they ran a slightly different defense than they usually do which forced them to make some changes along the O-line at halftme.

No matter what I wish the Lancers the best on the rest of the season. fantastic football team with some great players.
And you didn’t even see our best player who would’ve ran lights out around your defense had we had a chance. But that was a great drive you had at the end of the fourth quarter to put it away. Too bad you couldn’t find someone somewhere to televise it back to us.

Good luck in your playoff run.