2015 Football

I know we're licking our wounds, but seems like we should have another very solid football team next year, let's take a stab at who we return...shall we?

OL-Gall
OL-Saddler
OL-LaChapelle
OL-Henke
OL-Hensley
QB-McVittie, Ernst
RB-Hughes, Yett, Watkins
WR-Butz, Collins, Buford, Ashmore
TE-Hausmann, Dotson
K-Coughlin

DL-Smith
DL-?
DL-?
DL-Meyer
LB-Packer
LB-Griga, Raga
LB-Kelly
CB-?
SS-?
FS-?
CB-?

Lil' help!!!!!

I don't know about all the projected starters, but I think this team has the potential to get back to state next year. Barring injuries, the offense will be loaded with returning talent and I think the offense will get back to more of the read option with McVittie at QB. It's a good problem to have, but I think they may need to get creative to get all the talent on the field. I think Hughes took the job of running back with his performance down the stretch. Yett has a lot of talent, so I hope they find ways to keep him on the field (slot or possibly defensive back)? Watkins is good, too. Offensively, they should be hard to stop.

Hopefully, they get strong and fast in the winter and spring. It should be an exciting year.

Their schedule was on the Enquirer's website yesterday:

Aug. 28-Showdown game vs TBA

Sept. 4-Wayne (at Lockland)

Sept. 11-at Xenia

Sept. 18-vs. Don Bosco Prep (N.J.) (at Lockland)

Sept. 25-vs. St. Xavier (site TBA)

Oct. 2-vs. LaSalle (at Lockland)

Oct. 9-at Elder

Oct. 16-vs. Cleveland St. Ignatius (in Columbus)

Oct. 24-at Lakewood St. Edward

Oct. 30-vs. Canada Prep Academy (at Lockland)

I know we're licking our wounds, but seems like we should have another very solid football team next year, let's take a stab at who we return...shall we?

OL-Gall
OL-Saddler
OL-LaChapelle
OL-Henke
OL-Hensley
QB-McVittie, Ernst
RB-Hughes, Yett, Watkins
WR-Butz, Collins, Buford, Ashmore
TE-Hausmann, Dotson
K-Coughlin

DL-Smith
DL-?
DL-?
DL-Meyer
LB-Packer
LB-Griga, Raga
LB-Kelly
CB-?
SS-?
FS-?
CB-?

Lil' help!!!!!

Wouldn't mind seeing Butz moved to wideout and Yett as a slot receiver. McVittie looks to be a bigger version of GR.

I think Kelly goes to DE and Quehl in the mix at DB.

Wouldn't mind seeing Butz moved to wideout and Yett as a slot receiver. McVittie looks to be a bigger version of GR.

I think Kelly goes to DE and Quehl in the mix at

No one knows what will happen it's all wishful thinking but let's wait til spring for rosters because you never know who will step up and catch the coaches eyes during work outs...we already know who will be back next year but is it not a given that they will be in the spots we think..

Last edited:

I think Kelly goes to DE and Quehl in the mix at DB.

While I think McVittie will be very good, a bigger version of GR is a stretch. GR was a special, once every fifteen years kind of runner from the QB position and could throw well enough to keep you honest. I've watched McVittie play, and he most definitely is a gifted runner (and may have a little stronger arm than Gus), but he is no GR. I think he will be another, in what seems to be a never ending line of great Moe QBs. I'm pulling for the Bombers to put together another solid squad next year, but when I look across the GCL there is a ton of returning talent next year. If someone made me put money on the line I'd say X and Elder will be looking up at Moe and LaSalle.

On Moeller's football twitter, Coach Rodenberg tweeted that Miami has offered McVittie a scholarship. Good for him and hopefully he'll get more coming his way. Miami is snatching up the Moeller QB's!

McVittie looks like he can do it all and has great size. That's why he was getting offers to play quarterback from decent schools before and he hasn't even start a Varsity level game. I'm not sure if he's even had any snap at QB on the Varsity level. The fact that he could go out and be a solid wide out shows his athleticism as well. Playing wide out should also help him with his receiving corps. At this point in the game I would think he would have the offense down pretty well. Just going to need to see if he can execute under the Friday night lights.

Off topic, but congrats to Moeller Alum and starting defensive end, Marcus Rush, who blocked the field goal late in the game that gave Michigan State a chance to win the game against Baylor yesterday. I saw Monty on the sideline, but I don't think he got any playing time. I didn't see Shane Jones, but I'm sure he was on the sideline.

It's on the website and I know there's always a lot of anticipation about the Crosstown Showdown opponent....they are playing Indianapolis Cathedral at Nippert.

It's on the website and I know there's always a lot of anticipation about the Crosstown Showdown opponent....they are playing Indianapolis Cathedral at Nippert.

Good! They have always been a tough challenge, I'm pretty sure Moeller had lost 2-3 times in a row before they registered a win against the Irish!

I'm excited to get back to that read option power running game with our new senior QB! The previous offensive unit from last year didn't put the 'FEAR OF GOD' into opposing defenses like the previous teams. The Moeller offense needs to start 'GETTIN AFTER' teams...and by that i mean runnin' it down their throats, especially with an experienced offensive line. I expect big rushing numbers right outta of the gate!

Good! They have always been a tough challenge, I'm pretty sure Moeller had lost 2-3 times in a row before they registered a win against the Irish!

I'm excited to get back to that read option power running game with our new senior QB! The previous offensive unit from last year didn't put the 'FEAR OF GOD' into opposing defenses like the previous teams. The Moeller offense needs to start 'GETTIN AFTER' teams...and by that i mean runnin' it down their throats, especially with an experienced offensive line. I expect big rushing numbers right outta of the gate!

Should have a nice backfield with Yett and Hughes coming back.

Also saw McVittie already has offers to Miami (OH) and Cincinnati.

Any word on 2015 captains? It would seem that there are quite a few possibilities even amongst some underclassmen.

Any word on 2015 captains? It would seem that there are quite a few possibilities even amongst some underclassmen.

Good question. I would like to know too! My guess Macvittie, Hausman, Henke, Smith, Meyer,Griga and Raga! Just a guess.

2015 Scrimmage Schedule

Couldn't help but notice that the summer football scrimmage schedule includes Colerain and Lakota West. Has there been a Moeller/GMC reset?

Colerain is not a scrimmage, it suppose to just be a practice together thing which still is up in the air but we are definitely going to Lakota west for a scrimmage.

Saw three of our guys participated in the Nike Event up in Columbus last weekend.

Jake Hausmann got himself an invite to "The Opening" out in Oregon later this summer. This is the same event Justin Hilliard (St. X) participated in last year.

http://247sports.com/Article/The-Opening-Columbus-Best-of-the-Best-Offense-37536758

Also seems as though McVittie showed pretty well, himself.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Video-The-Opening-Columbus-Quarterbacks-37558748

Also, I think Samari Saddler participated as well.

Saw three of our guys participated in the Nike Event up in Columbus last weekend.

Jake Hausmann got himself an invite to "The Opening" out in Oregon later this summer. This is the same event Justin Hilliard (St. X) participated in last year.

http://247sports.com/Article/The-Opening-Columbus-Best-of-the-Best-Offense-37536758

Also seems as though McVittie showed pretty well, himself.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Video-The-Opening-Columbus-Quarterbacks-37558748

Also, I think Samari Saddler participated as well.

Samari did compete and did very well against top talent in the country also Tight end Matt Dotson compete well too!

Samari did compete and did very well against top talent in the country also Tight end Matt Dotson compete well too!

Nice, Dotson's got himself some nice pedigree, grandfather and old man were awesome athletes at Moeller and beyond.

Anyone know if they'll have any new uniforms this season?

We usually change them out every three years and that would be this season?

Only changes I'd like to see is that all the pants be the same kind of pants...Actually like the striping on the navy pants. Also, would like the white jersey to be the same as the gold and navy.

Just saw it was announced that Moeller vs Wayne game will be on ESPNU sept. 16

I think it is Sunday Sept 6...first time Lockland will be on national tv...Good news is there were less murders this year than last. :) Moetown will be bangin. GBM!

I think it is Sunday Sept 6...first time Lockland will be on national tv...Good news is there were less murders this year than last. :) Moetown will be bangin. GBM!

Fewer moejoe, fewer not less. If you can count it, fewer. If you can't count it, less. For example "There is less talent at X than at Moe". Or, "there are fewer talented football players at X than Moe". :) GBM

Fewer moejoe, fewer not less. If you can count it, fewer. If you can't count it, less. For example "There is less talent at X than at Moe". Or, "there are fewer talented football players at X than Moe". :) GBM

Yup- had the wrong date. ^classic^

Hausmann, Butz and Raga are the captains this upcoming season. Freshman team should be good has alot of size and speed.

Only three captains this year? I can never remember a kicker being a captain, but I thought Coghlin would be a lock. Then again, I don't know the criteria. Do the players still vote?

Any position changes you know of for the upcoming season? How was the offseason? Thanks