100,000 cases of coronavirus already in Ohio

Think about what I'm saying Happy. Think LONG & HARD about it. In fact I would be thrilled to find out that 10,000,000 Ohioans had contracted c-virus and had shown little or no symptoms.

March Madness would be back on and the kids would be back to school tomorrow.

Oh and Irish Buffalo this is the science smarts your side on yappi exhibits?

They are lost without their talking points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think about what I'm saying Happy. Think LONG & HARD about it. In fact I would be thrilled to find out that 10,000,000 Ohioans had contracted c-virus and had shown little or no symptoms.

March Madness would be back on and the kids would be back to school tomorrow.

Oh and Irish Buffalo this is the science smarts your side on yappi exhibits?

They are lost without their talking points.
The point is the symptoms have to hit yet...these are carriers or people recently coming into contact with the virus. The spread and growth will be potentially exponential.

The point is the symptoms have to hit yet...these are carriers or people recently coming into contact with the virus. The spread and growth will be potentially exponential.
We have been over this before, it will be exponential, not potentially. Well at least it will be for a while, until it flattens out.

People don’t drop dead right away.

If 90% of Ohioans had contracted the C-virus over the last couple of weeks and only a handful were exhibiting symptoms of any kind we would all be thrilled.

You know there are two different but equally extreme ways we could have gone in fighting this:

* Elevate this to a full scale crisis and treat it like the black death. This is what we're currently doing with the recent decisions to cancel events around the country. Now this may turn out to be the best move but based on the information to date it is an extreme move.

* Or we let the c-virus rip through the population focusing our efforts on developing tretament options, a vaccine and protecting the most vulnerable.

I would have preferred a little bit of both but we seem to be moving more towards the panic mode. The question will be as Yappi posted - Is the cure worse then the illness. Only time will tell.

But now that we've chosen what to do I hope it works and I'll do my part.

If everyone is a carrier then we don't have a problem. BTW the symptoms show up pretty fast from what I've seen.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. This virus started in China in Dec. of 19 hence the name COVID - 19, thousands of people travel between the US and China every week. Probably brought back to America with in 2 weeks from China after their 1st case.

Correct. There are significant & deep connections between corporations and universities in Ohio & China. That's why I'm crossing my fingers that the infections started happening in large numbers 4 - 8 weeks ago. This would suggest that the asymptomatic numbers are higher then thought. And this is good news.

American cases won’t peak for weeks yet.

Based on what? What is the number you're hearing for how long it takes to go from contracting the c-virus until you experience symptoms. I heard from the cruise ship data that it happens in a couple of weeks or less.

If the c-virus started moving through Ohio in January we should be seeing a large number of cases by now IF it's as potent as we think.

Based on what? What is the number you're hearing for how long it takes to go from contracting the c-virus until you experience symptoms. I heard from the cruise ship data that it happens in a couple of weeks or less.

If the c-virus started moving through Ohio in January we should be seeing a large number of cases by now IF it's as potent as we think.
Common sense? We have just begun to take real measures to contain it. There will be thousands upon thousands of US cases

I know your guy said the number would go from 15 to 0 just days ago, but use your head.