“Being trans has not affected my ability to do this sport and being able to continue is very rewarding.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Not to "oversimplify" this, but it's a "rare" occurrence best left to the governing bodies that are currently ruling against the vast majority of individuals they purport to represent.

Did I get that right?

lmao
Almost. Remember, I said it's idealist, but it should be left to those governing bodies. When they fall short, they should be taken to court. NIL, which I was asked about earlier, is rooted in Supreme Court action.

@Oxhat, you never answered, what are your thoughts on the NIL deal? That was done because these rich white guys were making gazillions off the backs of modern day slaves.

I love when pundits use the “modern day slavery” line. If an actual slave were still alive, they would smack the snot out of some of these fools making that comparison. It’s actually quite demeaning to those that experienced actual slavery.

Reactions: y2h
Almost. Remember, I said it's idealist, but it should be left to those governing bodies. When they fall short, they should be taken to court. NIL, which I was asked about earlier, is rooted in Supreme Court action.

The Supreme Court? You mean the court who is the arbitrator of laws passed by legislators you say have no place in the discussion?

Now you're just babbling.

@Oxhat, you never answered, what are your thoughts on the NIL deal? That was done because these rich white guys were making gazillions off the backs of modern day slaves.

I love when pundits use the “modern day slavery” line. If an actual slave were still alive, they would smack the snot out of some of these fools making that comparison. It’s actually quite demeaning to those that experienced actual slavery.
It's not how I would have gone about compensating college athletes.

The Supreme Court? You mean the court who is the arbitrator of laws passed by legislators you say have no place in the discussion?

Now you're just babbling.
Look, I get representing your constituents as thisisinsane, I think, brought up. But take a look at how the Jim Jordans and Josh Mandels of the world present themselves. Josh just posted this story yesterday on his Facebook. Those guys use sensationalist identity politics as battering rams to rile up a base. Why? When there are far more important issues at stake. Maybe those issues aren't sexy enough or their ideas towards those issues suck?

I love it when you people link crap with a pay wall.

What I could see suggests Mississippi passed a bill. Looks like they're done "dedicating their time and our money towards the issue."
The problem is chances are it is not done how many people or groups of people will sue to have this law changed and to court, we go and go and go. I have a twelve-year-old granddaughter that is quite fast as far as running goes. Her dad asked her if there was anyone in her class that was faster than she was and she said in the two sixth grade classes there were three. Her dad says there are three girls faster than you and she say no girls but there are three boys. What if one of those three boys decides he is a girl?

Look, I get representing your constituents as thisisinsane, I think, brought up. But take a look at how the Jim Jordans and Josh Mandels of the world present themselves. Josh just posted this story yesterday on his Facebook. Those guys use sensationalist identity politics as battering rams to rile up a base. Why? When there are far more important issues at stake. Maybe those issues aren't sexy enough or their ideas towards those issues suck?

Again, you mean like riling up a base that an entire half of a country is racist? Hypocrisy pal, that’s the biggest thing that bothers people about “progressives”.

The problem is chances are it is not done how many people or groups of people will sue to have this law changed and to court, we go and go and go. I have a twelve-year-old granddaughter that is quite fast as far as running goes. Her dad asked her if there was anyone in her class that was faster than she was and she said in the two sixth grade classes there were three. Her dad says there are three girls faster than you and she say no girls but there are three boys. What if one of those three boys decides he is a girl?
Someone told us that no person would ever change their “gender” for any suspicious reasons and to think any different, makes you a bigot.

Not so much if you were a Republican, just that you were a racist if you didn’t stand with BLM. All the racial injustices going on.

Damn it took too many posts to get to the heart of your heartburn.

You're bent because Jim and Josh fundraise off of chicks-with-sticks winning girl's sporting contests. Why didn't you just say that instead of insisting this is a "rare" occurrence best left to the governing bodies facilitating it against the will of the folks they represent?

In this case your emotional objections are more rational than your pseudo-intellectual ones.

lmao

Damn it took too many posts to get to the heart of your heartburn.

You're bent because Jim and Josh fundraise off of chicks-with-sticks winning girl's sporting contests. Why didn't you just say that instead of insisting this is a "rare" occurrence best left to the governing bodies facilitating it against the will of the folks they represent?

In this case your emotional objections are more rational than your pseudo-intellectual ones.

lmao
Because those two sentiments are not at odds with each other. They can exist together. That's why I haven't JUST said one or the other.

Not so much if you were a Republican, just that you were a racist if you didn’t stand with BLM. All the racial injustices going on.
And who specifically did that? I'm not trying to be a GOTCHA guy - I do want to know, because I missed it. There are some elected Democrats I don't care for (one is on your list), but only two of them I can vote for.

And who specifically did that? I'm not trying to be a GOTCHA guy - I do want to know, because I missed it. There are some elected Democrats I don't care for (one is on your list), but only two of them I can vote for.
The ones on my list. Geez, how hard is this?

Because those two sentiments are not at odds with each other. They can exist together. That's why I haven't JUST said one or the other.

Correct. Emotional and pseudo-intellectual sentiments/arguments usually coexist.

I'm glad we're finally in total agreement. lol

Because it's true. Just because you heard of this incident and perhaps a few others doesn't mean it's ("it" being trans athletes competing in sports against the sex opposite the athlete's born sex) pervasive. Of course you heard of these incidents. They're newsworthy and people are interested in talking about the topic. But if you look at the grand scheme of all sport in America, the occurrence is overwhelmingly rare.
I don't care if it only happens once. That's one more time than it should.

Identity politics is a fatalistic ideology because cannibalism is assured at some point. I have understood that this is where the Left was heading, where identities would be pitted against each other, but it surprised me that trans vs. female athletes was one of the first expressions of this cannibalization.

Female athletes have been massive allies and icons in the feminist, abortion, LGBTQRSTUV movements. It could argued that female sports figures have been among the most stalwart soldiers for the Left - but it is female sports that is being put on the altar to be sacrificed to the Leftist gods. Not sure that was thought through real well.

This person swam 200 yards not meters. The woman's record is 1:39.10 by Missy Franklin.

What's really tragic is that this person's times are those of an elite boys HS swimmer. If this person goes on to break records by Ledecky, Franklin etc it would really be a farce and a big middle finger to the actual girls/women who train like animals to try and legitimately compete at the highest levels.

If anyone who supports this sort of crap (ie, that Tia's a woman and it's ok) just look at the fact that this person is winning races and breaking school records from sprints to distance freestyle events. It's like Usain Bolt deciding he's going to win the 100 m dash and then the next day goes and wins the gold medal in the marathon... that just doesn't happen because the biology and the training are so different. For someone to do this means something's wrong.

Finally, only in the utterly myopic, self-absorbed, I'm the center of the universe view of the Left can a biological male say "being trans has not affected my ability to do this sport". Of course it hasn't! You're beating a bunch of women, it's not a fair competition!

FYI, I have no problem with this person continuing to swim and compete in college... but it has to be against other biological males. Swimming against biological women and breaking records that could ultimately only ever be re-broken by other biological males is wrong and reasonable people have to stand up and say so.

Anyone who celebrates this sort of thing (or attempts to minimize it by saying "it hardly ever happens" is pathetic.
My point exactly, no one says you can't swim. You just can't compete. Why do we bend the rules like this? This had to be approved by hundreds of people to get to this point. Shame on them.

My point exactly, no one says you can't swim. You just can't compete. Why do we bend the rules like this? This had to be approved by hundreds of people to get to this point. Shame on them.
From the idea that each individual is more important than the whole.

Identity politics is a fatalistic ideology because cannibalism is assured at some point. I have understood that this is where the Left was heading, where identities would be pitted against each other, but it surprised me that trans vs. female athletes was one of the first expressions of this cannibalization.

Female athletes have been massive allies and icons in the feminist, abortion, LGBTQRSTUV movements. It could argued that female sports figures have been among the most stalwart soldiers for the Left - but it is female sports that is being put on the altar to be sacrificed to the Leftist gods. Not sure that was thought through real well.

There are WAY too many radicals in the LGBTQIA+ and Feminist communities for those two groups to continue to peacefully co-exist. The moderates in those groups could probably find common ground, but their voices are mostly silenced the way things are now. The common theme in identity politics seems to be that the radicals/absolutists lead the charge and you're either all-in on their agenda or painted as racist/sexist/transphobic etc...

Outside the LGBTQIA+/Feminist divide, the other issue that seems to flare up every so often in the Democratic Party is the divide between Jews and Muslims. AOC, Rashida Talib and Ilhan Omar will continue to stir up controversy with anti-sematic comments. So far, the Democrats have been able to avoid too much cannibalism over that issue, but it's pretty much inevitable that is going to lead to bad blood within the party. Now that Biden completely gave the middle finger to the major Progressive agenda to end student loans, it's only a matter of time before AOC's mafia acts out and causes big problems.

The Democratic Party right now looks about as stable as the Balkans did in 1914.

Men that “identify” as women should not be able to compete in sports against women. Period. Even if they went through the whole “conversion” process. It’s simply unfair. Born a man = compete as a man. Period.
I’m thinking having 4 types of competition is better for everyone.
Men
Women
Born male, identify as woman
Born female, identify as man

Status
Not open for further replies.