Search results

1. O

Portal News

Individual team threads can still discuss it but figured we could have a dedicated thread for discussing general portal news. Toledo’s Daquan Finn to the portal. Bummer to hear, but I was shocked he didn’t transfer last year. Guy is a baller. Former ND and current Alabama QB Tyler Buchner...
  2. O

Playoffs thread

Jimmy Butler with an all time playoff performance with 56 points leading the 8 seed Heat up 3-1 over the 1 seed Bucks
  3. O

College Football 2023-2024

Might as well kick off a new thread now that the season is over. Former Miami commit who flipped to Florida after an alleged $13M NIL deal, 5* QB Jaden Rashada has not enrolled early like expected and is back in California. Rumors are the NIL deal started falling apart.
  4. O

World Series

Needed a thread for it. Been a great series so far. Astros just had the 2nd ever World Series no hitter, first since 1956. Got a chuckle at one of the Fox guys, post game, saying “it’s a little extra sweet they didn’t give up a hit…it’s the first time I’ve said that all night.” Didn’t want to...
  5. O

2022-23 Cincinnati Bearcats

Time for a new season thread. Although it looks like UC may be fading for 2023 top 5 overall recruit Collier, they look to be the favorites for another top 5 overall recruit in a big man out of Indiana Flory Bidunga. Flory is class of 2024 although reclassifying isn’t out of the question in...
  6. O

2022-2023 Ohio State

Although he’s a 2024 recruit, figured we needed a new season thread, Juni Mobley of Las Vegas Bishop Gorman committed to Ohio State earlier. The top 50 prospect, originally from the greater Columbus area, is the #6 PG in the country. Mobley is the 4th top 50 recruit to commit to the Buckeyes...
  7. O

Panthers Playing in College

Ran across the below article on Jakob James, his spot on the OSU OL 2 deep this year, increased playing time this year, and his versatility to play either guard spot and center. I thought it would be good to have a thread for articles likes this, updates on awards/achievements, etc...
  8. O

Universal/single payer healthcare

I don’t follow politics near as much as many of y’all do. But universal or at least single payer healthcare has been an issue many (most/all?) Dems have championed and campaigned on. Dems control the house, senate and presidency. Why haven’t the Dems gotten anything done on this front? I know...
  9. O

LeBron becomes first active NBA billionaire

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2022/06/02/lebron-james-is-officially-a-billionaire/ Pretty wild that all it took to pull it off was being arguably the best ever, arguably the greatest genetic athletic freak ever, arguably the greatest feats of availability/stamina given the number of...
  10. O

Ohio’s state income tax would be abolished completely in 10 years under new GOP bill

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/04/ohios-state-income-tax-would-be-abolished-completely-in-10-years-under-new-gop-bill.html The thought is it should help Ohio economically and attract people similar to FL and TN, and as such should increase tax revenue for the state. I’m all for it...