2022-2023 Ohio State

Orin Swift

Although he’s a 2024 recruit, figured we needed a new season thread, Juni Mobley of Las Vegas Bishop Gorman committed to Ohio State earlier. The top 50 prospect, originally from the greater Columbus area, is the #6 PG in the country.

Mobley is the 4th top 50 recruit to commit to the Buckeyes since the start of August. Not a bad recruiting run by Chris Holtmann, Diebler and the rest of the staff.

Last edited:

“Secret” scrimmage against WF over the weekend. Sensibaugh and Key were OSUs best players, 2 WF players (transfers) put up double doubles. WF apparently won but that means absolutely nothing. That said, I expect the first 1-2 months of the year to be pretty rough with 7 new players in the rotation.

Sounds like the team played well, and shot well against Chaminade. Sounds like the highlights were Holden's all-around offensive game, Thornton having 11 assists, and the team shooting well from 3-point land.

Anyone other than me concerned that Justice Sueing and Eugene Brown did not play?

Sounds like the team played well, and shot well against Chaminade. Sounds like the highlights were Holden's all-around offensive game, Thornton having 11 assists, and the team shooting well from 3-point land.

Anyone other than me concerned that Justice Sueing and Eugene Brown did not play?
Brown was out for concussion protocol. I don’t think this I’ve ever seen a basketball player miss as much time for concussions as Brown has. He may want to seriously consider giving up competitive sports.

Brown was out for concussion protocol. I don’t think this I’ve ever seen a basketball player miss as much time for concussions as Brown has. He may want to seriously consider giving up competitive sports.
Man that is too bad. That is nothing to mess around with. It is a shame because you know the kid wants to play, and he was making good strides last year when healthy.