Search results

1. V

Deeps 1600/Mile field ever for Ohio?

This question came up and we figured the folks on Yappi who know the history of T&F would know the answer. Was the 2024 Bizzarri Mile the deepest high school field ever in the state of Ohio? 1600m - FAT Ben Gabelman Wester. North 4:05.24 Drew Zundell University High 4:07.22 Calvin...
  2. V

Buckeye Running Company Relays Question

There was only a mixed 4x4.
  3. V

State Meet Improvements

Love the course for XC but doubt it would happen because OHSAA needs to be able to get their gate revenue so Cedarville would be very hard to that plus parking/traffic would be very hard. What is done with all these ideas? Is there someone with power or influence that will actually review and...
  4. V

Best Ohio XC Team EVER?

This should get the message board going. I've not been around Ohio XC very long but was wondering what is/was the best xc team? I've heard a lot about the 2011 St. X team that went on to Nike and placed 6th? Is there a girls team that was dominate?
  5. V

Can Mason B & G repeat another double win at DI State meet

I think that this year the team scores will be much higher than normal years. It seems like the overall team depth is much better and less individuals qualifying.
  6. V

I know that Mason is a closed district so athletes can not just come and compete because they are good. The only families that move to Mason is for the academics which is demonstrated from the demographics that I've seen on social media. So someone would have to literally move to Mason to be on...
  7. V

What is wrong with GMC Boys Cross-Country?

My understanding with West is that they had a group of seniors that all bought in and made a commitment to each to the process and the goal. They trained all summer long and did all the little things with a high commitment.
  8. V

I see it all the time that they teach in one school district and coach in another (near by) so they don't have to move/change jobs. It used to surprise me when I saw and I'm sure that there are various reason on why it happens that way. I also see less and less teachers coaching and the programs...
  9. V

I've heard of the many teams who have won back to back but has any boys team in the D1 ever Three-peated?
  10. V

Where are you getting these stats? It seems like you are just pulling numbers from the air. While they may be the largest school in the state, they probably also have more clubs/activities that pull the kids from sports. I'll repeat what I've always said, if size matters then why doesn't Oak...
  11. V

That may be one of the few times you can trust the media! :ROFLMAO: They are the favorite at this point but there is a month till state and a lot can happen with teenage boys!
  12. V

Before Saturday, I would have said most likely not but after the girls ran a very strong race, I think that they now have a chance. The boys are very good through 4 and need to solidify their 5th. D1 States will be very interesting with all the deep competition on both sides and I'm curious to...
  13. V

XC Rivalaries

Have these rivalries ended and if so, why? Coaching changes? Community changes?
  14. V

XC Rivalaries

I was curious what are some of the current XC rivalries across the state of Ohio between schools and what made it a rivalry? It would also be interesting to hear about some of the old school rivalries, when the started and/or ended along with any interesting stories around the rivalry. Living...
  15. V

No creek crossings permitted without bridges

Yes, it's becoming ridiculous with how fast these XC races are becoming. When they get to a normal XC courses they don't know how to race hills and/or run out of gas.
  16. V

Glad that they were able to do it and had fun! I remember a huge storm at Mason when my son was running the kids loved it! There were videos of slipping and sliding on the course and that didn't even include the creeks. I understand that host schools were threaten with a post season...
  17. V

I'm confident that more kids get hurt running the hurdles (broken arms, etc.) than any hay bale (which they could literally step on and over) or creek crossing. Then there are kids doing backflips during steeplechase races. I think that they should keep the hurdles, the steeplechase, hay bales...
  18. V

State predictions

What a race for the D1 boys 4x8 podium! 8 Rocky River 7:49.911 9 GlenOak 7:49.917
  19. V

better way?

I wonder how/why the Columbus Districts are able to pull off the logistical issues but they can't in the south? There are already models that exist which could be replicated for a dual district. This is helpful information because I had heard that they needed a simple majority to make the...