Search results

1. S

2023 season

CONTEXT matters! And in the CONTEXT of a 1-2 start to the season, down 2-0 early against a perennial state powerhouse, that was a great, much needed, important, HUGE win for Centerville. Not sure how much more time we want to spend debating the correct label for the victory, but I know for...
  2. S

2023 SW Ohio early predictions

Just the part where you credit bad referees for Seton's state championship. :rolleyes:
  3. S

2023 SW Ohio early predictions

This is asinine.
  4. S

Tuesday State Semifinal Updates and Finals

It's been an effective strategy for them, no doubt. Especially when ARs err on the side of raising the flag if it's a close call. And Seton has athletes across the back who are able to recover even when opponents do get in behind. No criticism of the approach here. Really impressed by how well...
  5. S

Tuesday State Semifinal Updates and Finals

Very entertaining game. I did think the linesmen struggled with Seton's high line/offside trap, particularly the official on Seton's sideline. Had a few bad misses. Not sure it affected the outcome, but would have hoped to see better at this stage in the tournament. I was impressed by Orange's...
  6. S

Regional Finals Scores (finals and updates)

If that type of collision takes place at midfield in the first 15 minutes of the game, I don't think anyone bats an eye at that being called a foul. Because it happens in the box, involving the goalkeeper, in the last minute of the regional final, it's suddenly controversial - and understandably...
  7. S

SWO Regionals

Some really good matchups this weekend. Despite some inconsistent results, I actually think Seton has the highest ceiling on offense of any team I've seen this year. MND is too consistent though, and I like them to pull this out even without PK. MND 2-1. Erbach is on another level. I will not...
  8. S

SouthWest Ohio Tourney Talk

I agree - I think any casual fan could tell you that some teams play a style that is easier on the eyes than some other teams. But true lovers of the game do not discount a team's success because some people don't like the way they win. That's the kind of excuse people offer up when they lose...
  9. S

SWO Regionals

No, not when your next round opponent has the same opportunity to stay and watch your game. Am I missing something?
  10. S

SWO Regionals

What advantage did they gain?
  11. S

BREAKING NEWS: The Ohio High School Athletic Association has announced that, as a result of the outcry from the "many soccer fans" they will not be keeping score for any of the remaining state tournament soccer games this season. Instead, they will assign a panel of judges, including resident...
  12. S

At #15, Ross is definitely underrated. I don't think there are 14 other teams that would have gone undefeated, even with a somewhat softer schedule. And I think it's not a bad draw for them. Loveland is capable of beating any team in the state. But they are also susceptible to some...
  13. S

Loveland 1 Milford 0

Loveland went toe-to-toe with them, got a few lucky bounces, and came away with the victory. Milford's best player was not herself, having suffered an injury in pre-game warmups. Regardless, the win should give Loveland some well-deserved confidence heading into the post-season. And may end up...
  14. S

Tournament Draw Sunday

What are the expectations heading into the draw this weekend? Are there any remaining games that are expected to impact seeding? A few things I would note in SW Ohio D1: Oak Hills is trending in the wrong direction. They've had a tough run of games against stiff competition, but failing to get...
  15. S

ECC league slate tougher than most. GGCL and maybe GWOC are arguably tougher. GMC is weak this year. Milford plays Beavercreek, MND, Oak Hills, and Seton out of conference and wraps up with Loveland last game of the regular season. They have some tough matchups.
  16. S

SW OH D1 Tourney Discussions.

My predictions: #3 Loveland vs #22 Kings - 2-1 #6 Oak Hills vs #14 Mercy McAuley - 1-0 #4 Mason vs #25 Talawanda - 4-0 #8 St. Ursula vs #24 Hamilton - 3-0 #1 MND vs #28 Princeton - 9-0 #11 Walnut Hills vs #18 Turpin - 2-0 #5 Seton vs #12 West Clermont - 3-1 #10 Lebanon vs #17 Little Miami - 2-2...
  17. S

Week 10..

Interesting scoreline. Seems Miamisburg confidence was not misplaced when they chose to matchup with Boro in the tournament. Tough to beat a team twice, though.
  18. S

Perhaps inadvertently, you've just described my entire existence.
  19. S

Milford tied MND over the weekend. MND is very good.
  20. S

I have seen them twice. My post was referring to Mason though. They defend well and have enough threats up top to be in any game. They could lose in the 2nd round or make a run to the regional final. But I agree, the region is MND's to lose.