R4 Final Centerville vs Moeller

I wasn't trying to blame anything on anyone. I was just confused after watching the game and then coming here and seeing people talking about Powell traveling, because I didn't see that. I figured people would have been talking about the other potential travel that was definitely more easier to see.
I’m in the same boat lol. Didn’t seem like Powell was anywhere close to traveling on that play

It wasn't Powell who took the steps, it was a team mate just prior to his shot.
All of this talk about refs missing calls is just nonsense. I am a diehard Moe fan and all I could say is the officiating was good and some calls could have gone either way, but all in all it was a fantastic game with some bonehead plays and some fantastic plays as well. Both teams had their runs of efficiency and both teams made costly mistakes. In the end, the Elks prevailed and all I could say is thank you to the players coaches and fans for an exciting game and a nail biting atmosphere. I wish the Elks success at State. GBM 💪 🏀

I was at the game and have a few thoughts. I may have missed the comment but I think the disputed travel was not on Powell but a few seconds before that I believe was an obvious travel by two different players. If some one could find that video that would help for people who were not there. Regardless one of the best games I have seen for a long time. Both teams had the game and gave it away with turnovers and mainly missed free throws. Moeller has one guy miss 4 straight and missed 5 out of 6 with the lead in OT. Great shot by Powell and monster game from Kazenecki from Moeller.

It wasn't Powell who took the steps, it was a team mate just prior to his shot.
Which Greenberg traveled? Or, do you mean Njie? There were three teammates that handled the ball prior to the game winner. Njie's move toward the hoop was awkward yes, but I'd say no travel. Greenberg #3, when did he control the ball? I think he caught it while moving backward and establishing the left foot as a pivot while dragging the right along his side and finishing behind him. It looked shaky, but I cannot distinguish a travel there. That's in question. Greenberg #21 absolutely did not travel.

Another video of the game's final 30 seconds and winning 3-point shot by Jonathan Powell. As for traveling allegations on Elks #2 the view is block by the guy's head, but you can see the ref watching the play and shakes his head no. I think he is making some signal of no traveling in his mind.

i was there. it wasn't.

I was there as well. The kid traveled. Watch the video.

As has been stated in an earlier post, the travel in question was not in the video posted. Nobody should be saying Powell traveled. The play being debated occurs about 5-10 seconds before the clip begins. The player with the ball that bumps into the screener and falls off balance. I repeat, the travel being debated comes 5-10 seconds before the pass to Powell.

As has been stated in an earlier post, the travel in question was not in the video posted. Nobody should be saying Powell traveled. The play being debated occurs about 5-10 seconds before the clip begins. The player with the ball that bumps into the screener and falls off balance. I repeat, the travel being debated comes 5-10 seconds before the pass to Powell.
Think we all figured it out. Still not a travel.

Yes, we know that. We are referring to the collision/handoff looking exchange. Awkward, clunky and off-balance? 100%. Travel? Nope. He establishes his pivot with his second step and doesn't lift that foot until after giving the ball up.

I was there as well. The kid traveled. Watch the video.
An ugly/unusual sequence. Fans, players, and coaches have the mindset that "if it looks funny, it's illegal"..... which 95% of the time, it is legal..... just as it is in this situation.

#24 takes the ball with 28.7 on the clock. He takes one dribble and it looks as if he runs into his own player. Now, the ball (which is vitally important to the matter) cannot be seen, so we cannot determine if #24 is actually in control of the ball. If he's not, it is impossible by rule to be guilty of a traveling violation. However, let's say for the sake of this conversation he is still in control of the ball....... Now we can apply the traveling rule to the situation.

As I noted, #24 takes one dribble, If he's in control of the ball, the dribble ends with his left foot on the floor and his right foot just about to touch the floor. This establishes his left foot as the pivot foot. After his right foot hits the floor, his awkward momentum now causes him lift the pivot foot while passing the ball back to his teammate. The ball leaves his hand before the now airborne pivot foot returns to the floor....... Making this play legal.

Really ugly, but 100% legal.

It definitely doesn’t happen if Moeller doesn’t shoot with 30 seconds left in a tie game. Poor job managing the end of the 2OT.
Coaches do Not take the last shot of Any Quarter,seldom. That’s Old school And that’s how you win close games. It’s called, that’s how you practice that Every Day !

It definitely doesn’t happen if Moeller doesn’t shoot with 30 seconds left in a tie game. Poor job managing the end of the 2OT.
All this debate about a travel or not and nobody discussing the biggest (worst?) decision of the game. One of the best ball-control teams in Ohio doesn't hold for the last shot late in 2OT. Player or coach mistake?

All this debate about a travel or not and nobody discussing the biggest (worst?) decision of the game. One of the best ball-control teams in Ohio doesn't hold for the last shot late in 2OT. Player or coach mistake?
Great question... especially a team like Moeller or any other GCL south team that gets hammered on this site for stalling/controlling the pace of the game and is the topic of a lot of shot clock discussions.

I would say that the player saw an open lane and took advantage of it... interesting to see what others say.

Great question... especially a team like Moeller or any other GCL south team that gets hammered on this site for stalling/controlling the pace of the game and is the topic of a lot of shot clock discussions.

I would say that the player saw an open lane and took advantage of it... interesting to see what others say.
My opinion as well, but I didn't see the Moeller bench to know if they were shocked by the play. In that situation I'm winning or going to another OT.

I finally watched the NFHS replay (at least the second half was available). Missed free throws and dumb fouls were a big factor too. Uncharacteristic for a Moeller team all around.

Specific to Moe shooting with 30 seconds left vs holding to the final play, I'd say if the shot was in the lane (layup or high percentage open attempt) you take those points every time. If the shot was outside of 15 feet or heavily contested, they should have held for a better opportunity. I did not see the play in question, but you can't turn down a layup or high percentage shot at that point in the game IMO.

Specific to Moe shooting with 30 seconds left vs holding to the final play, I'd say if the shot was in the lane (layup or high percentage open attempt) you take those points every time. If the shot was outside of 15 feet or heavily contested, they should have held for a better opportunity. I did not see the play in question, but you can't turn down a layup or high percentage shot at that point in the game IMO.
it was a wide open 3 pointer and he drilled it. That kid most likely wouldn’t have been in thought if the other starting guard didn’t get fouled out. Maybe the starter would have refrained from shooting.

it was a wide open 3 pointer and he drilled it. That kid most likely wouldn’t have been in thought if the other starting guard didn’t get fouled out. Maybe the starter would have refrained from shooting.
It was a drive to the basket from above the top of the key. Once he got to the rim it was a decent shot, but I can’t believe Moeller forced the action there rather than holding the ball. It wasn’t like centerville forced them to go.

I have a laundry list of Flemming LaSalle teams that will disagree with you 😂😂😂

I think you are thinking of the play before. That was 3 in the corner. The play in question was a drive to he basket.