23-24 SW Ohio

I was going to keep my mouth closed but it really bothered me last night watching those two young ladies play last night who should still have been out under concussion protocol. There's a six step protocol that i know wasn't followed. The earliest those ladies should've played was this Sunday. Very disappointed with everyone involved. Smh
Are we assuming they weren’t checked?

I was going to keep my mouth closed but it really bothered me last night watching those two young ladies play last night who should still have been out under concussion protocol. There's a six step protocol that i know wasn't followed. The earliest those ladies should've played was this Sunday. Very disappointed with everyone involved. Smh
So you have knowledge that the school either ignored the doctors or the doctors fudged the documentation of the protocol?

6-Step Return to Play Progression
  • Step 1: Back to regular activities (such as school) Athlete is back to their regular activities (such as school).
  • Step 2: Light aerobic activity. ...
  • Step 3: Moderate activity. ...
  • Step 4: Heavy, non-contact activity. ...
  • Step 5: Practice & full contact. ...
  • Step 6: Competition.

• Step 1: Back to regular activities (such as school) Athlete is back to their regular activities (such as school).
How about we look at the actual regulation (which is state law)......

For return to play protocol, please look at item - 1.8 NFHS Suggested Medical Clearance Return To Play Protocol

At the end of the day, it is up to the doctor. (the law does prohibit returning to play the day the player was removed from practice/competition regardless what a doctor says) Unless you are the doctor, you have no knowledge to make these accusations.

This is only if your diagnosed with a concussion

There will be a lot of Blue at D1 Regional Final Saturday

Amazing that 2 1st year head coaches will be leading there teams for a chance at a Final 4 appearance
Springboro shoots like they did last night on Saturday vs MND and they'll be playing at UD Arena next week!
10-22 (45.5%) from 3, they have been a good 3 pt shooting team all season 32.8% (similar to Princeton, Lak East and Mason), but last night they were spectacular.

Both coaches have done very well this year and the exciting thing is both teams are returning a majority of their lineups and weapons next year. Get your ticket early!

Any thoughts on the Africentric - Alter machup?
Haven’t seen either play this year, but know Africentric has at least 3 veteran starters from their state run last year as does Alter from theirs 2 years ago. Should be one of the better regional finals in the state regardless of level!

Any thoughts on the Africentric - Alter machup?
Should be a really good game. I will go with Africentric by 12. It will be tight for 3 quarters and the Nubians pull away in the fourth.

Alter is a great team. Africentric just has too much talent for them. I think they will compete and have a good showing, just not enough horses in the end.

The winner of this game is the heavy favorite to win it all. Still surprised that Africentric did not go to the Elida regional. Most think these are the two best teams. That would lead you to believe Africentric is not worried at all about the Knights.

Let’s up the game lives up to the hype.

Congratulations to Springboro and Michael on advancing to the regional final. I have been, and will remain, highly critical of how the process was handled by all involved. But at this point, you can not argue with the results. Big program hurdle to beat Mason. The old staff may or may not have been able to get over that hurdle. This staff and team did.

Now, if they win on Saturday, the narrative around Springboro girls basketball and Michael will be changed forever.

Both teams coming off highly emotional wins. No advantage either way there. Will MND have a plan to contain Martin? Will they use the box and 1 again? Like a regional final should be, it should come down to the final 4 minutes. Looking forward to this game.

Both teams coming off highly emotional wins. No advantage either way there. Will MND have a plan to contain Martin? Will they use the box and 1 again? Like a regional final should be, it should come down to the final 4 minutes. Looking forward to this game.
Good call. I’d say MND did a good job containing Martin. If MND does a better job at the FT line throughout the night, they probably win in regulation. Entertaining game to watch.

Springboro vs. Pickerington Central. Should be a good game. Both teams have been battle tested the entire season. I'll take PC.
I’ll take Springboro to continue the cinderella run to the state championship. Martin has that look in her eye and I don’t believe PC can shut her down like MND. Springboro coming out of R4 is battle tested and if players not named Martin & Trent continue to make plays they advance. Coach Holweger has been impressive. Some great X’s & O’s but he’s completely changed the mentality of this group. He has his team prepared and believing it’s their destiny.

Last edited:
I’ll take Springboro to continue the cinderella run to the state championship. Martin has that look in her eye and I don’t believe PC can shut her down like MND. Springboro coming out of R4 is battle tested and if players not named Martin & Trent continue to make plays they advance. Coach Holweger has been impressive. Some great X’s & O’s but he’s completely changed the mentality of this group. He has his team prepared and believing it’s their destiny.
I think Springboro season ends. Pick Central has depth, size and experience. Lets not forget this Pickerington Central team lost this game last year. Springboro has no bench whatsoever. The college size court will cause a lot of problems for Trent.

I think Springboro season ends. Pick Central has depth, size and experience. Lets not forget this Pickerington Central team lost this game last year. Springboro has no bench whatsoever. The college size court will cause a lot of problems for Trent.
They have a good bench, biotch. Don’t be so dismissive and disrespectful to high school age athletes putting in two hours a day (including over the holiday season and in a sport that seems to have more attrition on the female side than others) and who should be commended for their contributions to a team that reached the final four. PC may win, but it won’t be because of ‘Boro’s bench (or the college size court for that matter).

Springboro 63 PC 54 final. Martin with 38. A D1 state record in a semifinal or championship game.

They have a good bench, biotch. Don’t be so dismissive and disrespectful to high school age athletes putting in two hours a day (including over the holiday season and in a sport that seems to have more attrition on the female side than others) and who should be commended for their contributions to a team that reached the final four. PC may win, but it won’t be because of ‘Boro’s bench (or the college size court for that matter).
Boro played 8-9 girls tonight. The bench players played well. The Martin girl is legit. 38 points against a big and physical pick central team.

Going out on a limb here
Discussion for post Final 4 weekend

After ‘Boro I think wins by 15+ tonight
Can we please go to some form of KY playoff model?
16 Districts Champs, reseed or blind draw and play from there
Sweet 16 and Elite Eight one weekend, Final Four following weekend

Would finally get best teams/games playing each other in state Finals

SW by far best Girls Region currently but it’s cyclical, so reseeding Top 16 would work every year

In NE OH teams can choose to play in Sandusky (NW) Region, how is that fair compared to SW and Central Region teams have to play their Regions teams?
Magnificat might not have made a District Final in SW OH this season

If Berry Wallace is a McDonalds AA then SWOH should have 4 McD AA next year.
Dee, Mari, Parrish and Bryn Martin

Going out on a limb here
Discussion for post Final 4 weekend

After ‘Boro I think wins by 15+ tonight
Can we please go to some form of KY playoff model?
16 Districts Champs, reseed or blind draw and play from there
Sweet 16 and Elite Eight one weekend, Final Four following weekend

Would finally get best teams/games playing each other in state Finals

SW by far best Girls Region currently but it’s cyclical, so reseeding Top 16 would work every year

In NE OH teams can choose to play in Sandusky (NW) Region, how is that fair compared to SW and Central Region teams have to play their Regions teams?
Magnificat might not have made a District Final in SW OH this season

If Berry Wallace is a McDonalds AA then SWOH should have 4 McD AA next year.
Dee, Mari, Parrish and Bryn Martin
Oh really? I saw Olmsted Falls knock my team (Wadsworth) out by 32 and knew they had the talent to win state. SWOH may have been the best Region but NEOH had the best team. BTW I used to live in Mason and saw alot of their best teams.

Good thing I’m not a gambler after my Springboro prediction
Congratulations to Olmsted Falls!!
Still think Sweet 16 should be a state wide grouping not just per Region

Last edited:
Good thing I’m not a gambler after my Springboro prediction
Congratulations to Olmsted Falls!!
Still think Sweet 16 should be a state wide grouping not just per Region
Great seasons for Olmstead Falls and Springboro! Olmstead Falls has some great shooters and a more balanced attack.

Springboro returns a lot of their key players next year.... should be interesting to see if they can make it back.

A special shout out to OHSAA and UD for hosting a great event. The atmosphere was awesome at UD arena. From the fans (75% Boro because of how close they were, to the cameras that went back and forth between both student sections to get them pumped up, great player introductions with the OSHAA light going on the floor) Also, Olmstead Falls student section only had about half the students as Springboro and were much louder. They brought great energy!

Great seasons for Olmstead Falls and Springboro! Olmstead Falls has some great shooters and a more balanced attack.

Springboro returns a lot of their key players next year.... should be interesting to see if they can make it back.

A special shout out to OHSAA and UD for hosting a great event. The atmosphere was awesome at UD arena. From the fans (75% Boro because of how close they were, to the cameras that went back and forth between both student sections to get them pumped up, great player introductions with the OSHAA light going on the floor) Also, Olmstead Falls student section only had about half the students as Springboro and were much louder. They brought great energy!
Springboro had a magical tourney run, but I don’t expect it will translate into a return next year. Their bench was non-existent so subsequently losing two starting seniors is a much bigger loss.

Region 4 will likely go through Princeton and Mason in 2025. Princeton has to be the favorite given the returning talent and sting from an early exit. We’ll see if the coaching change at Mason has an impact.

Winton Woods will be a factor and are the favorites to repeat as ECC champions.

MND losing Harrison is big. Think they struggle inside with the likes of Fortson, Trammel, and Trent. They win the GGCL, but don’t have enough to make a similar tournament run.

Walnut has some nice pieces. Look for them to give someone an early exit next season.

Give me some other teams returning their core.

Springboro had a magical tourney run, but I don’t expect it will translate into a return next year. Their bench was non-existent so subsequently losing two starting seniors is a much bigger loss.

Region 4 will likely go through Princeton and Mason in 2025. Princeton has to be the favorite given the returning talent and sting from an early exit. We’ll see if the coaching change at Mason has an impact.

MND losing Harrison is big. Think they struggle inside with the likes of Fortson, Trammel, and Trent. They win the GGCL, but don’t have enough to make a similar tournament run.

Walnut has some nice pieces. Look for them to give someone an early exit next season.

I think MND will be just fine. They’re getting some pretty good talent coming in. If Lakota West doesn’t find a way to keep all those girls, I’m sure a couple will end up at MND or East. They will be the easy favorite in a bad GGCL.

I think Lebanon, WC, Milford will all be major factors in the ECC along with Winton Woods and Walnut like you said. GMC will pretty much be the same teams from this year, watch out for Princeton on the revenge tour.

I think MND will be just fine. They’re getting some pretty good talent coming in. If Lakota West doesn’t find a way to keep all those girls, I’m sure a couple will end up at MND or East. They will be the easy favorite in a bad GGCL.
How would anyone transfer to a private school without sitting out half the year?

Last edited: