2024 Massillon Tigers

Definitely not the hype train that was the Valdosta game, but a more than adequate opener. Anyone know if any major state title festivities are being planned (banner hanging, trophy presentation, etc.)?

Definitely not the hype train that was the Valdosta game, but a more than adequate opener. Anyone know if any major state title festivities are being planned (banner hanging, trophy presentation, etc.)?

Great matchup!

FWIW, from a historical perspective, PCC (15) has produced more NFL players than Valdosta (11).
(^- active; *- Pro Football Hall of Famer)

PCC
Cal Adomitis^
Damar Hamilin^
Kurt Hinish^
Rodney Thomas II^
Stefen Wisniewski
Jeff Dugan
Marc Bulger
Justin Kurpeikis
Dan Marino*
John Babinecz
Ed Vereb
Fred Glatz
Don Schaefer
Jack Itzel
Ross Sorce

Valdosta
Malcolm Mitchell
Willie Gary
Brice Hunter
Dexter Daniels
Coleman Rudolph
Dana Brinson
Stan Rome
Luther Blue
Rhett Dawson
Bill Dawson
Henry Bell

FWIW, Massillon has produced 24 NFL players, which falls just two short of Valdosta & PCC's combined 26.

Great matchup!

FWIW, from a historical perspective, PCC (15) has produced more NFL players than Valdosta (11).
(^- active; *- Pro Football Hall of Famer)

PCC
Cal Adomitis^
Damar Hamilin^
Kurt Hinish^
Rodney Thomas II^
Stefen Wisniewski
Jeff Dugan
Marc Bulger
Justin Kurpeikis
Dan Marino*
John Babinecz
Ed Vereb
Fred Glatz
Don Schaefer
Jack Itzel
Ross Sorce

Valdosta
Malcolm Mitchell
Willie Gary
Brice Hunter
Dexter Daniels
Coleman Rudolph
Dana Brinson
Stan Rome
Luther Blue
Rhett Dawson
Bill Dawson
Henry Bell

FWIW, Massillon has produced 24 NFL players, which falls just two short of Valdosta & PCC's combined 26.
Massillon Washington has produced 27 NFL players. In total, 41 have played professional football.

I thought Marino went to north catholic?
No. Marino definitely went to Central Catholic. Of the quarterback boom of southwest PA, Marino went to central, Montana went to Ringgold, Kelly went to East Brady which is now part of Karns City.

Rumor has it Lakeland could be coming up to Ohio this year. Polkway a big hs football media guy in FL confirmed this. I also saw Lakeland’s AD like a post about a Massillon vs lakeland request a few months back

Nice game but I take Massillon big in this one. PCC lost a lot. It would have been a good game in 2023 and there is still talent playing in 2024, but Massillon is bring back a lot more than PCC is.

I wish I had a dollar every time I heard that. Seems to me last year would NOT have been the better year to schedule Massillon but who knows, doesn't matter.

I wish I had a dollar every time I heard that. Seems to me last year would NOT have been the better year to schedule Massillon but who knows, doesn't matter.
I don't know, I would rather play last year in Massillon with 2 LBs going to B10 schools (Michigan & Penn St.), a WR going to Penn St, a DE going to Pitt and a 3-year starting QB that is FCS level that graduates. Then 2 kids are returning to Aliquippa, a CB and a RB both with offers from Pitt, Penn St, WVU and other P5 schools. There are rumors they may also lose a rising senior CB who committed to Penn St. That seems like a lot to miss. I am not making excuses for PCC if they lose next year, I just wish that game was played this past season as it would have been a much better game. Disagree if you wish.

I don't know, I would rather play last year in Massillon with 2 LBs going to B10 schools (Michigan & Penn St.), a WR going to Penn St, a DE going to Pitt and a 3-year starting QB that is FCS level that graduates. Then 2 kids are returning to Aliquippa, a CB and a RB both with offers from Pitt, Penn St, WVU and other P5 schools. There are rumors they may also lose a rising senior CB who committed to Penn St. That seems like a lot to miss. I am not making excuses for PCC if they lose next year, I just wish that game was played this past season as it would have been a much better game. Disagree if you wish.
Sheesh, they were loaded. I’m assuming they won state.

I thought the qb is back next year?

Rumor has it Lakeland could be coming up to Ohio this year. Polkway a big hs football media guy in FL confirmed this. I also saw Lakeland’s AD like a post about a Massillon vs lakeland request a few months back
My brother lives near Lakeland and took me to a playoff game there once when I visited over Thanksgiving. The town is very similar to Massillon in their support for their team. Lakeland has won many state championships and won back to back national championships 2005, 2006.The one year they won the national championship they played and beat Cincinnati St.Xavier 26 to 21 in a 2nd week kickoff classic in Cincinnati. That was their closest win that year. X lost to Elder in the semis that year in Ohio. Lakeland coach Bill Castle retired last year after 40 years of coaching. His record was like 408 wins 63 losses and won like 10 state championships. Great program.