23-24 SW Ohio

I totally agree games should be played out until the end of the season until seeding takes place. But lets be honest if the old drawing was still in effect Princeton would be the clear #1 at this point. Wins over Mason, MND, WW, and East.
And no chance East is 3 spots below West after beating West not once but twice with a 1pt loss to Springboro, a 2pt loss to a non-flu-incapacitated Princeton, and a 5pt loss to Pick Central.
Its 2024, an automated system is expected but LE below LW proves that they don't always pass the eye test.

And no chance East is 3 spots below West after beating West not once but twice with a 1pt loss to Springboro, a 2pt loss to a non-flu-incapacitated Princeton, and a 5pt loss to Pick Central.
Its 2024, an automated system is expected but LE below LW proves that they don't always pass the eye test.
I totally get it. But a loss is a loss. I truly believe they would be higher if the coaches voted.

Totally agree with this. As of today, East is a top 4/5 team EASY. If it was voted, they would at worse be 5th behind Winton Woods. If they voted after they play, and they probably win, then they are 4. With this new system, I think you will see something like this every year, where a team is seeded to low because of losses based on a difficult schedule

I think everyone would agree East in under seeded. They do have two games this week that are probable wins. They could end up as 6 seed.
Not possible mathematically. Lakota West plays this week still with a win. As does Goshen. Lebanon is done but has a better record and RPI%. Even with 2 wins this week, Lakota East will not be higher than 9.

I totally agree games should be played out until the end of the season until seeding takes place. But lets be honest if the old drawing was still in effect Princeton would be the clear #1 at this point. Wins over Mason, MND, WW, and East.
Princeton still clear #1?
Final from Princeton
Mason 57 Princeton 49
Mason led basically entire game

As an unbiased observer Princeton received the majority of “close” calls but officials did NOT affect outcome

A few thoughts -

How big is that Princeton loss to Lakota West? For whatever reason Gerton/Givens were out, that loss certainly changed a lot.

A lot of credit to Mason. They lost a lot of players last year, started the season on a loss, and have been outstanding since.

Obviously Princeton's goal is a state title, but two years in a row Princeton has the most talent (by far in my opinion) and doesn't win the GMC. That being said, Princeton got the job done last year and beat Mason when it really counted.

As always, it will be great to see it all play out....who will rock the boat and take a surprise bracket? Obviously, you would assume Princeton and Mason would want to avoid a match up until the elite 8....so if they choose the paths for that you could get MND having to pick which one to see first since they are #3....Will woods have a preference ? Anyone going to jump into a specific bracket for a match up reasons? I know East is down around 10, but do they honestly fear any of the top 5? Them and Woods playing Monday after the draw is a wild card, doubt they go in their bracket, but if so, both coaches can treat Monday as "experimental".....

The top 3 seeds in Cincinnati have all take a Dayton bracket several times in recent years. I am not sure it will be doiderent Thai year.

Princeton and Mason will choose to play a Dayton team on the opposite side of the bracket to play each other in the regionals.

Mt Notre Dame will have the choice. Go play Dayton 3, which is likely Springboro or go to play the other Cincy bracket. If they choose Cincy, then Winton Woods would choose a district game against Springboro or MND. I would pick Springboro.

I think Springboro is very good, but would you rather play them or the 4 or 5 from Cincy? Lebanon beat Springboro earlier.

Cincinnati coaches usually lean towards playing tje Dayton teams.

D1 Brackets are up how do we all feel?
so Princeton took the Cincinnati route....East jumps in with Woods (and they also play tomorrow).....Top 3 have easy draws to District day...Woods East is a toss up and West Clermont playing West or Kings (again) will be a toss up too....district day I would have to say Princeton, MND, Mason all win....then the Boro/Woods or East matchup being the best one....along the way there are some nice 1st round games etc....but it's all mostly chalk

Just looking but seems there is an error on what was uploaded - LW#6 is listed in both South 4 and South 5...looks like one should be #4 WW but anyone know which one?

Princeton chose to play the winner of West Clermont/Lakota West instead of playing Beavercreek/Fairmont. That is very surprising. Usually the #1 seed in Cincinnati plays Dayton 3. Has been that way for a while now.

That leaves possible district matchups:

Winton Woods/Lakota East to play Springboro.

MND to play Beavercreek/Fairmont

Mason against Bellbrook/Sidney.

Princeton against West Clermont/Lakota West

Winton Woods got the toughest draw. 4th seed has to play Lakota East just to get out of the sectional and then Springboro.

Easy projections would be Princeton, Mason, MND and Springboro to the regionals. At least one of them will not make it.

Princeton chose to play the winner of West Clermont/Lakota West instead of playing Beavercreek/Fairmont. That is very surprising. Usually the #1 seed in Cincinnati plays Dayton 3. Has been that way for a while now.

Winton Woods got the toughest draw. 4th seed has to play Lakota East just to get out of the sectional and then Springboro.

Easy projections would be Princeton, Mason, MND and Springboro to the regionals. At least one of them will not make it.
If Princeton had the first choice for all of the Cincinnati teams, how could they have known where the other teams were going to slot themselves?

Last edited:

Do not count out Kings in the South 4 sectional with West Clermont and Lakota West.

If Princeton had the first choice for all of the Cincinnati teams, how could they have known where the other teams were going to slot themselves?
Most of the coaches talk before the draw. Especially with the seeds coming out on Saturday. Everyone knew where Springboro was going.

I don’t understand why they would not go play Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Fairmont or Sidney over any of the top 7 teams in Cincinnati. I include Lakota East in the 7.

If they get to the final four, none of this matters. Just surprised they would choose this route.

I don't actually find it surprising at all, Princeton's only two local losses are to LW and Mason and now they'll have the chance to knock one or both out of the post season. Pretty well scripted if you ask me.

East similarly chose an eventual rematch vs. Boro (if they get past WW), avenging the first game of the season seems very doable (was a 1pt loss but without 2 of their starters who were injured at the time).

MND choosing the rematch with Princeton first before Mason makes a little less sense to me, both were losses in the regular season but the Mason outcome seemed to have better odds to be anyone's game a second time around.

I don't actually find it surprising at all, Princeton's only two local losses are to LW and Mason and now they'll have the chance to knock one or both out of the post season. Pretty well scripted if you ask me.

East similarly chose an eventual rematch vs. Boro (if they get past WW), avenging the first game of the season seems very doable (was a 1pt loss but without 2 of their starters who were injured at the time).

MND choosing the rematch with Princeton first before Mason makes a little less sense to me, both were losses in the regular season but the Mason outcome seemed to have better odds to be anyone's game a second time around.
Why would MND have a better chance against Mason than Princeton? Both Princeton & Mason beat them by the same amount of points this season and Mason just beat Princeton on Saturday.

Since 2007-2008 (Mason came to GMC) Mason has lost 12 times when playing a team they played earlier in the season in their last matchup of the year. In that same window of time, Princeton has lost 19 times against a team they played earlier in the season, in their last matchup of the year.

Who is making these odds?

Why would MND have a better chance against Mason than Princeton? Both Princeton & Mason beat them by the same amount of points this season and Mason just beat Princeton on Saturday.

Since 2007-2008 (Mason came to GMC) Mason has lost 12 times when playing a team they played earlier in the season in their last matchup of the year. In that same window of time, Princeton has lost 19 times against a team they played earlier in the season, in their last matchup of the year.

Princeton had a different coach for the vast majority of those seasons.

I agree, and didn’t Princeton choosing Cincinnati give MND an easier road through Dayton? Why would you pass up playing Walnut/Milford in a sectional and Beavercreek in a district? In order for MND to have seen Mason, they would’ve had to go to where Winton Woods is and play Lakota East in a sectional, Springboro in a district. At that point wouldn’t you just take Princeton in the regional semi? Not much difference in results when they played them both on the road this year, and Mason just beat Princeton at Princeton…

Goshen and Harrison at 7 and 9, while East is 10. Now that is funny!
Nobody wanted to talk about it all year and now they’re starting to see! Predicted this issue in November when East dropped 3 games against state powers. Feel bad for anyone in their way this tourney! Surprised Goshen, Harrison, and Lebanon jumped in with Mason and Princeton unless they were self-aware and just wanted to get a win.

I agree, and didn’t Princeton choosing Cincinnati give MND an easier road through Dayton? Why would you pass up playing Walnut/Milford in a sectional and Beavercreek in a district? In order for MND to have seen Mason, they would’ve had to go to where Winton Woods is and play Lakota East in a sectional, Springboro in a district. At that point wouldn’t you just take Princeton in the regional semi? Not much difference in results when they played them both on the road this year, and Mason just beat Princeton at Princeton…
But at the time MND was choosing they wouldn't have known where East was going and had they chosen South 5 East may not have after so I didn't figure that match-up played into it. I also didn't think MND would need to fear Boro, Boro beat Bellbrook by 20, MND beat them 30. Boro beat Creek by 10, MND beat them 20. Boro beat LE by 1, MND beat them by 10. Probably the only scratch comparison was Centerville, where Boro won by 20 and MND by 15.

Since I was talking about MND's chances of beating Princeton to see Mason vs. beating Mason to see Princeton, why wouldn't how MND played Princeton vs. how MND played Mason factor into the odds over the outcome of how Princeton vs. Mason games or how often either Princeton or Mason wins in the post season?
In the MND game vs. Mason, Mason had 24 fouls called in their favor to MND's 12 and Parrish shot a career high 15 FTs in a game with a career high 30pt game. Highly unlikely Parrish gets another career free reign like that, I would've bet on a different outcome in that game over the other.

But at the time MND was choosing they wouldn't have known where East was going and had they chosen South 5 East may not have after so I didn't figure that match-up played into it. I also didn't think MND would need to fear Boro, Boro beat Bellbrook by 20, MND beat them 30. Boro beat Creek by 10, MND beat them 20. Boro beat LE by 1, MND beat them by 10. Probably the only scratch comparison was Centerville, where Boro won by 20 and MND by 15.

Since I was talking about MND's chances of beating Princeton to see Mason vs. beating Mason to see Princeton, why wouldn't how MND played Princeton vs. how MND played Mason factor into the odds over the outcome of how Princeton vs. Mason games or how often either Princeton or Mason wins in the post season?
In the MND game vs. Mason, Mason had 24 fouls called in their favor to MND's 12 and Parrish shot a career high 15 FTs in a game with a career high 30pt game. Highly unlikely Parrish gets another career free rein like that, I would've bet on a different outcome in that game over the other.
And in the Princeton game, Mari Gerton shot a generational 72% from the floor, 60% from 3 while scoring 28 points in a game that was tied at half and the quarters were split… is she going to get that career free rein like that again?

looking at recent form over the last two weeks, not sure people would agree that Princeton is a harder out than Mason right now.

In the MND game vs. Mason, Mason had 24 fouls called in their favor to MND's 12 and Parrish shot a career high 15 FTs in a game with a career high 30pt game. Highly unlikely Parrish gets another career free reign like that, I would've bet on a different outcome in that game over the other.
Taximama with the inevitable and expected “they got all the calls” excuse. When are we going to accept Mason plays better defense than anyone in region and can get stops without fouling?
And in the Princeton game, Mari Gerton shot a generational 72% from the floor, 60% from 3 while scoring 28 points in a game that was tied at half and the quarters were split… is she going to get that career free rein like that again?

looking at recent form over the last two weeks, not sure people would agree that Princeton is a harder out than Mason right now.
This was conveniently left out of the response from Taximama.

Let’s leave it to the Coaches to pick who they would rather play. I believe that’s evident by the path they chose.