23-24 SW Ohio

t’s an unnecessary premature draw. Host sites know when they’re hosting. Football has no issue making it work on 4 days notice.
The big difference comparing this to football is first round games are hosted by a team that is playing that Friday - Girls Basketball (& Volleyball) go to independent sites

The big difference comparing this to football is first round games are hosted by a team that is playing that Friday - Girls Basketball (& Volleyball) go to independent sites
IMO, That really doesn't change anything, if anything it makes it easier as the sites, dates/times have been set for months, now the teams just get added to the bracket

But I do wish the higher seed would host like in football, baseball, soccer, softball and a couple other districts around the state

1st round scores are already out of hand.
If the higher seed in girls basketball hosted 1st round games you'd have scores like 90-3 instead of 78-8

IMO, That really doesn't change anything, if anything it makes it easier as the sites, dates/times have been set for months, now the teams just get added to the bracket

But I do wish the higher seed would host like in football, baseball, soccer, softball and a couple other districts around the state
I think it is for logistics purposes for the schools, since the tournament would start 1 day after the Draw if they did it after all the games, as well scouting purposes for coaches.

GMC
Princeton--51
Oak Hills--35
20-18 lead by Princeton at the half, but Princeton going 17/24 at the foul line to OH just 3/6 is the difference in the game.

GMC
Princeton--51
Oak Hills--35
20-18 lead by Princeton at the half, but Princeton going 17/24 at the foul line to OH just 3/6 is the difference in the game.
No it wasn't i was at the game. Princeton missed a ton of layups. Fortson shouldve had 20 plus. As poorly as Princeton played it should have been a 30 point win.

No it wasn't i was at the game. Princeton missed a ton of layups. Fortson shouldve had 20 plus. As poorly as Princeton played it should have been a 30 point win.
I was there also and you watched a different game--Fortson was 3 for 8--I guess you wanted her to go 8 for 8 to make it a 26 point win--Middletown shot 22 free throws on Saturday and West shot 21 on Tuesday vs. Princeton---Princeton fouled in those games but not against OH--not likely with their pressure defense--refs let hand checking by Princeton and the fouls were 18 for OH to 12 for Princeton. OH led 24-20 early 3rd qtr until fouls started being called and Princeton went on a 17-0 run, mostly at the foul line. The game was never more than 16 points, so a 30 point win was highly unlikely.

I was there also and you watched a different game--Fortson was 3 for 8--I guess you wanted her to go 8 for 8 to make it a 26 point win--Middletown shot 22 free throws on Saturday and West shot 21 on Tuesday vs. Princeton---Princeton fouled in those games but not against OH--not likely with their pressure defense--refs let hand checking by Princeton and the fouls were 18 for OH to 12 for Princeton. OH led 24-20 early 3rd qtr until fouls started being called and Princeton went on a 17-0 run, mostly at the foul line. The game was never more than 16 points, so a 30 point win was highly unlikely.
Basketball is a physical sport. Sounds just like a typical Mason fan. Princeton gets hosed every time they go Mason.

It looks like most of the SW Ohio rankings will be pretty much locked in after last nights results barring a major upset somewhere:

Dayton:

1. Springboro
2. Beavercreek
3. Bellbrook

4-8 will have some movement based on Fairmont-Centerville and Butler-Sidney but those 4 and CJ should round out the top 8 in some capacity.

Cincinnati:

1. Princeton
2. Mason
3. MND
4. Winton Woods
5. West Clermont
6. Lakota West
7. Lebanon
8. Goshen
9. Lakota East
10. Harrison

Way too Early District Final Predictions:

Princeton-Bellbrook
Mason-Lakota West
MND-Beavercreek
Winton Woods-Springboro

Don’t see a scenario where one of the top 5 doesn’t take their own sectional. West Clermont-Lakota West could become crowded. Mason takes Cincinnati sectional to set up Regional Final date with Princeton.

Basketball is a physical sport. Sounds just like a typical Mason fan. Princeton gets hosed every time they go Mason.
No facts John Doe---Princeton at Mason on 12/16----Princeton 12 of 25 at the foul line and Mason 19 of 23---Princeton called for 22 fouls and Mason 21-----basketball is physical within the rules, but the refs can't allow teams to control dribblers/drivers by using their hands to guard--that is a foul by any rule book. Apparently in most of Princeton's games they tend to rack up fouls except last night when it was 18-12 on fouls and 24 to 6 at the foul line----can't disregard 14 made free throws disparity in a 16 point game as just "physical" basketball. Good luck to Princeton when the refs do call those fouls as they just did last week vs West when they lost and vs. Middletown when it was a 7 point game heading to the 4th quarter. Maybe Saturday the refs will be on top of it when Mason visits Princeton.

The site is not updated with the West Clermont Winton Woods game, but I think Lakota West may be in the 5th spot and West Clermont 6th.
Could be. But LW will be hurt by their Hamilton game this week while WC will be boosted by their Walnut Hills game.

Regardless, both should wind up in the same sectional.

Do you think Lakota East will go in that bracket also?
Lakota East shouldn’t have any hesitation jumping in to that sectional. Just handled Lakota West, would beat West Clermont, and plays Mason tough which would be their district game. If not I would say they’d probably go in to Winton Woods with the goal of playing Springboro in the district final. Not sure many other teams would jump in if WW and East are in a sectional so that’d open up a road for them to get to a regional semi.

I think Lakota East takes MND bracket, especially if they are lined up with Beavercreek. East is way different/better at this point of the season than November, they always are, peaking at Tourney time.

West Clermont, West, East Lebanon, Kings, Milford, Walnut, it's possible several of them go in with Winton Woods or MND to take a chance at getting to Regionals

I think Lakota East takes MND bracket, especially if they are lined up with Beavercreek. East is way different/better at this point of the season than November, they always are, peaking at Tourney time.
Very possible. But not sure if that makes sense to risk getting knocked out in the sectionals to face a Beavercreek team that is playing well and defeated Springboro at Springboro earlier this month. The goal is to play on district day and let the chips fall where they may. Are Beavercreek and Springboro that different that you’d risk jumping with MND when you could play Winton Woods or Lakota West/West Clermont instead? And who knows maybe Lebanon, West, or Goshen go with Winton Woods or MND before they get a chance to jump in? At 9 you’re almost going to have to jump in with a sectional that has 2 teams in it already because people usually avoid the top 2/3 teams.

No facts John Doe---Princeton at Mason on 12/16----Princeton 12 of 25 at the foul line and Mason 19 of 23---Princeton called for 22 fouls and Mason 21-----basketball is physical within the rules, but the refs can't allow teams to control dribblers/drivers by using their hands to guard--that is a foul by any rule book. Apparently in most of Princeton's games they tend to rack up fouls except last night when it was 18-12 on fouls and 24 to 6 at the foul line----can't disregard 14 made free throws disparity in a 16 point game as just "physical" basketball. Good luck to Princeton when the refs do call those fouls as they just did last week vs West when they lost and vs. Middletown when it was a 7 point game heading to the 4th quarter. Maybe Saturday the refs will be on top of it when Mason visits Princeton.
Mason outshot Lakota East 32-8 and outshot MND 26-11 both in single digit wins. Parrish herself outshot the opposing team in both. Can’t disregard those free throw disparity’s in close games right?

Very possible. But not sure if that makes sense to risk getting knocked out in the sectionals to face a Beavercreek team that is playing well and defeated Springboro at Springboro earlier this month. The goal is to play on district day and let the chips fall where they may. Are Beavercreek and Springboro that different that you’d risk jumping with MND when you could play Winton Woods or Lakota West/West Clermont instead? And who knows maybe Lebanon, West, or Goshen go with Winton Woods or MND before they get a chance to jump in? At 9 you’re almost going to have to jump in with a sectional that has 2 teams in it already because people usually avoid the top 2/3 teams.
East may jump on Goshen in that scenario.

Agreed anything is possible. I was going by what you had with West playing Mason in districts. While agree, getting to districts and letting it play out is a solid strategy, I would say playing in a bracket with only MND in sectional finals then to play Creek or any other Dayton team would make sense to me.

If bracket 5 actually ends up with some combination of West, WC, Goshen, Lebanon, Kings or others, I think the MND bracket looks appealing if I were from East. But I also dont think they will all go together . Only 7 spots in each bracket

I dont think Cincy teams are looking to avoid Dayton teams in districts, I think they are looking to avoid each other until regionals

Agreed anything is possible. I was going by what you had with West playing Mason in districts. While agree, getting to districts and letting it play out is a solid strategy, I would say playing in a bracket with only MND in sectional finals then to play Creek or any other Dayton team would make sense to me.

If bracket 5 actually ends up with some combination of West, WC, Goshen, Lebanon, Kings or others, I think the MND bracket looks appealing if I were from East. But I also dont think they will all go together . Only 7 spots in each bracket

I dont think Cincy teams are looking to avoid Dayton teams in districts, I think they are looking to avoid each other until regionals
I agree with you there. I was going off if West and WC were the only 2 in the 5th sectional, if Lebanon or Goshen went in with Winton Woods and the other went in with MND, I think East jumps in with WC/West or Lebanon (or Goshen)/Winton Woods if everyone already has 2 teams in before jumping with MND. Definitely agree not everyone is going to go into 5.

I'm no Princeton fan, but seems silly to imply Princeton needs calls from the refs to win. They've lost probably less than 10 games in 3 years. And they didn't lose to West because of the refs calling it differently, they lost because they didn't have their two best players (which you knew already) and West is pretty good.

It looks like most of the SW Ohio rankings will be pretty much locked in after last nights results barring a major upset somewhere:

Dayton:

1. Springboro
2. Beavercreek
3. Bellbrook

4-8 will have some movement based on Fairmont-Centerville and Butler-Sidney but those 4 and CJ should round out the top 8 in some capacity.

Cincinnati:

1. Princeton
2. Mason
3. MND
4. Winton Woods
5. West Clermont
6. Lakota West
7. Lebanon
8. Goshen
9. Lakota East
10. Harrison

Way too Early District Final Predictions:

Princeton-Bellbrook
Mason-Lakota West
MND-Beavercreek
Winton Woods-Springboro

Don’t see a scenario where one of the top 5 doesn’t take their own sectional. West Clermont-Lakota West could become crowded. Mason takes Cincinnati sectional to set up Regional Final date with Princeton.
Why is Princeton record showing 15-1 and them in #1 seed position?
if you click on Princeton it takes you directly to MaxPreps which shows 16-2; which would most likely put Mason as #1 and Princeton as #2.
Confused why record has changed this week(had 2 Ls for Princeton last week), is L to TN team not counting anymore?

If only the two teams played again before the end of the season/seeding……..

Oh yeah, they do, but that outcome won’t matter. So STUPID!!

Why is Princeton record showing 15-1 and them in #1 seed position?
if you click on Princeton it takes you directly to MaxPreps which shows 16-2; which would most likely put Mason as #1 and Princeton as #2.
Confused why record has changed this week(had 2 Ls for Princeton last week), is L to TN team not counting anymore?

If only the two teams played again before the end of the season/seeding……..

Oh yeah, they do, but that outcome won’t matter. So STUPID!!
It looks like the team they lost to is a non varsity team/prep school team, those games do not count toward the RPI. West beat a team from Australia which doesn't count, and other teams lost to international/prep school teams and they dont count.

Totally agree with using a computer system like this and the seasons not being completed for the teams. Very very STUPID!

East still plays Winton Woods, Mason vs Princeton, among many other significant games.

What makes the "games after draw" discussion stranger to me, why don't before Sunday 2/4 draw; Saturday 2/3 games count?
Why is Midnight Friday 2/2 the deadline and not Midnight Saturday 2/3?
Is the OHSAA so antiquated that Seeds can't be finalized the AM of Draw??

All school ADs have computers with instant updates, OHSAA could mandate all teams have all game result info entered into computer by Midnight Saturday 2/3 or schools not complying would face .....something.
Drop spots in final draw, $1000 fine, inability for AD to vote on state by-laws, not allowed to host a football playoff game if qualified for next 5 years....SOMETHING
I know the above point is moot and just a tiny rant against OHSAA, I apologize!

As for SW OH D1 Draw
Princeton is the team others will try to avoid in tourney
Mason is the only SW OH team that plays Vikings close on a consistent basis

Do Cincinnati top seeds know which Section other top seeds are placing themselves in Dayton area and vice versa prior to draw?
District Matchups could be interesting. Think top Cin teams would like to avoid Springboro in District Final.

We'll find out by Sunday evening
As previous comment stated......"get to Districts and let it play out"

I totally agree games should be played out until the end of the season until seeding takes place. But lets be honest if the old drawing was still in effect Princeton would be the clear #1 at this point. Wins over Mason, MND, WW, and East.