2022 Senior World Championships

Snyder wins a snoozer 4-1. No takedowns all match, but I guess survive and advance. He'll have Magomedov of Azerbaijan in the quarters.

Quarters starting soon. Yianni on Mat A vs Bajrang apparently. Gross second on C. Snyder third on D.

Maybe the best I've ever seen Yianni wrestle, he TECHS Bajrang 10-0. Did a great job in the first period getting to legs and getting a quick stepout to avoid scrambling with the Indian. Most likely Sebastian Rivera vs Yianni in the semis, great chance for Yianni to make the finals. What a tourney!

Seth Gross into the semis with a 10-4 win! Stayed offensive, beautiful scramble in the second resulting in four points. He'll face Rei Higuchi, who has looked amazing today in my opinion

OC, if you have a smart or roku TV, you can put the app there. Have mat options, and my favorite is "Flo zone" to watch all
20220917_064520.jpg

Guess Kyle Snyder just needed to wake up! He gets the tech 10-0 over the Euro champ this year Magomedov. Most importantly, two gut wrenches out of Snyder, who hasn't had much par terre in his senior career. Iran in the semis, rematch with Mohammadian.

What a session! Yianni and Seth both with several really good wins, Snyder looks much better in the quarters, and the US will wrestle for a medal at 9/10 weights. This whole not having Russia around thing is pretty nice sometimes 😂

Semis at 11, finals from yesterday around noon. Let's win six more today!

Not sure what the hell happened here. All my mat options went blank - so I assumed the session was over, so I went back to putting the final coat of polyurethane on my office desk I refinished. Then came back - and realized I missed an entire hour of wrestling.

At least I can watch the replays.

Last edited:
Or you can cast it from your phone.

Might be too much for his first day. ;)

Blood pressure still elevated dealing with Flo Arena. Still nothing. It's almost like I have blocked access to it somehow. Tried about everything I know to do, and all it does is open the page - but nothing to click on. I click on the screen just for and giggles, and I get the rotating cursor as if it is going to open, then - nothing.

I'll have to look at loading on to my smart TV before the next session. I do like having the 2 monitors to use. Since the desk isn't available, I have set everything up on the kitchen table and have a mostly clear view at the TV in the family room. Just need to move the kitchen table a bit, and hope I don't unplug everything in the process...

So 33-2 so far with worlds like what 3/4s over, all 10 wrestlers make the quarters. Unreal performance for the men so far. Congrats to the GOAT on number 7, though maybe Snyderman will get him by the time he’s done. Just insane to think Dake, DT, and JB were in the same brackets all those years.

Very late to the party on the ladies, but wow congrats to Amit Elor, 18 year old world champ. Love her style, so different than most Americans, very Iranian imo. TMS had a statement performance. Gonna be some awful tough brackets for the US trials given the Olympic weights.