Covid shutdowns another game

Status
Not open for further replies.
- this time with a variant that is both much more communicable and notably more lethal to young people.
Uhh, no. "Studies done in a handful of other countries suggest that the variant may cause more severe disease, but there is no definitive data showing that the new variant is somehow worse for young adults.
Some experts believe the shift in patient demographics is strictly a result of lower vaccination rates in this group."

Uhh, no. "Studies done in a handful of other countries suggest that the variant may cause more severe disease, but there is no definitive data showing that the new variant is somehow worse for young adults.
Some experts believe the shift in patient demographics is strictly a result of lower vaccination rates in this group."
And many more experts believe that the Delta variant has amply demonstrated its higher communicability and lethality in younger and/or healthier individuals than all previous variants of the Covid-19 virus-- including epidemiologists and virologists who speak on weekly investor conference calls, in which I participate.

Who cares about charts and studies. If you want a vaccine get one and be protected. If you don’t want one then don’t. That’s your choice. The vaccinated should not care if other people are or are not because your protected. I don’t understand how this is not universally understood. There should not be any rules. This pandemic has revealed just how stupid the population is. This should be the only message any government should give, get the vaccine, or don’t.
1) The vaccine is NOT yet available for children under the age of 12-- is that new information for you?
2) Those who are vaccinated can still be "carriers" -- and thus transmitters-- of the virus, even though they remain largely asymptomatic (especially so with the newer Delta variant of Covid-19)-- this is a problem for those in the community who are unable to get vaccinated (e.g.- those who have compromised immune systems, and can NOT take a vaccine, and those under age 12, who currently are not authorized to receive the vaccine); this is whole reason that trying to obtain "herd immunity" is desired-- to protect those (hopefully few) who can NOT take a vaccine-- and also why it is recommended that even vaccinated people wear masks, in certain social settings and geographies with high rates of infection.
3) There is a long-standing public health principle, at least in modern Western developed countries (e.g.- NOT places that institute policies like consigning infected people to "leper colonies"), that it is both good public health practice AND a sign of having humanitarian instincts to CARE about whether you infect your fellow man.

Who cares about charts and studies. If you want a vaccine get one and be protected. If you don’t want one then don’t. That’s your choice. The vaccinated should not care if other people are or are not because your protected. I don’t understand how this is not universally understood. There should not be any rules. This pandemic has revealed just how stupid the population is. This should be the only message any government should give, get the vaccine, or don’t.
EXACTLY!!!! I have said this all along!!!!!

And many more experts believe that the Delta variant has amply demonstrated its higher communicability and lethality in younger and/or healthier individuals than all previous variants of the Covid-19 virus-- including epidemiologists and virologists who speak on weekly investor conference calls, in which I participate.
Uhh, no again.

1) The vaccine is NOT yet available for children under the age of 12-- is that new information for you?
2) Those who are vaccinated can still be "carriers" -- and thus transmitters-- of the virus, even though they remain largely asymptomatic (especially so with the newer Delta variant of Covid-19)-- this is a problem for those in the community who are unable to get vaccinated (e.g.- those who have compromised immune systems, and can NOT take a vaccine, and those under age 12, who currently are not authorized to receive the vaccine); this is whole reason that trying to obtain "herd immunity" is desired-- to protect those (hopefully few) who can NOT take a vaccine-- and also why it is recommended that even vaccinated people wear masks, in certain social settings and geographies with high rates of infection.
3) There is a long-standing public health principle, at least in modern Western developed countries (e.g.- NOT places that institute policies like consigning infected people to "leper colonies"), that it is both good public health practice AND a sign of having humanitarian instincts to CARE about whether you infect your fellow man.
4GX - you are definitely at great risk. Epidemiologists and virologists (I am both) all agree that even vaccinated people are at risk and you can catch the new Omega variant through your keyboard while posting on-line on message boards. There is only one solution - lock yourself in your basement and disconnect all internet/power connections.

If your scared, stay at home. If your scared for your kid, home school them or make them wear a mask so you feel better.
1) cloth masks don’t work
2) surgical masks barely work IF worn correctly
Our last major outbreak they kept saying wear a mask. Guess what. Every where I went people had them on and we still had 10000 cases a day.
It’s a virus. It’s not going away EVER. Adults continue to try and ruin kids. Bottom line do what you think is right. Mandates are BS.

If your scared, stay at home. If your scared for your kid, home school them or make them wear a mask so you feel better.
Our last major outbreak they kept saying wear a mask. Guess what. Every where I went people had them on and we still had 10000 cases a day.
It’s a virus. It’s not going away EVER. Adults continue to try and ruin kids. Bottom line do what you think is right. Mandates are BS.
Define what you mean by "work" and show where someone with scientific authority has claimed that masks "work" in the way that you define it.

How do you know that cases wouldn't have been 2, 3, 40,000 without mask mandates?

Here is an example of the idiots telling people what to do. To come to the US from Canada you have to have a vaccine card. But if you don’t have one, you can fly to Mexico a walk right in. Think about this.

Define what you mean by "work" and show where someone with scientific authority has claimed that masks "work" in the way that you define it.

How do you know that cases wouldn't have been 2, 3, 40,000 without mask mandates?

Just move to California

So nothing? You don't even want to attempt to put in writing what YOU think "work" means as it relates to masks? Cool.

If want the vaccine get it. I did. BUT IM DONE WITH MASKS
TBH I'm kinda in the same boat. But I have no time for the "masks don't work" crowd, and I also don't have time for those who could get vaccinated but choose not to pissing and moaning that masks, restrictions, and cancelled events are on their way back.

How do you know thr cases would have been 2, ,3, 40,000 with mask mandates? Show where someone with scientific authority has claimed masks reduced the spread by the amounts you suggested.

How do you know thr cases would have been 2, ,3, 40,000 with mask mandates? Show where someone with scientific authority has claimed masks reduced the spread by the amounts you suggested.
That's the thing, I don't know that, nor have I ever claimed they would or did prevent spread to that degree. And equally so, Jake doesn't know the opposite. But a mask was never a huge sacrifice nor do I consider it an example of the politician's fallacy (We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.) In the absence of that knowledge, masks have made us no worse for the wear.

That's the thing, I don't know that, nor have I ever claimed they would or did prevent spread to that degree. And equally so, Jake doesn't know the opposite. But a mask was never a huge sacrifice nor do I consider it an example of the politician's fallacy (We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.) In the absence of that knowledge, masks have made us no worse for the wear.
It's not about a sacrifice. Wearing a mask is a folly. It's an outward sign that you're doing "something" because you care. Or it's a price of admission to go into stores, etc. Either way, an effective means to mitigate exposure to a virus it is not.

It's not about a sacrifice. Wearing a mask is a folly. It's an outward sign that you're doing "something" because you care. Or it's a price of admission to go into stores, etc. Either way, an effective means to mitigate exposure to a virus it is not.
They're more about mitigating causing exposure, not exposure itself.

If YOU don't like mask mandates in various public facilities-- then don't go in those public facilities.

Eventually, in a few years, quite a bit-- right now, very little. Thus the public health officials rightfully focus on trying to limit the spread of the virus, as they don't know if there are any mental health issues caused by asking people to wear a mask-- that part is conjecture by people who seem to have a vested interest in arguing against masks.
You cannot prevent the spread of the virus. Take the vaccine if you think it helps mitigate the effects or don't and lets move on. Masks don't work if used for long periods of time. There are several international control group studies that demonstrate this. We are going to have to gut this out.

It does not matter anymore. There is no appetite for severe mitigation anywhere and school kids being masked is viewed as severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.