NBC's Lester Holt says we don’t need to hear both sides to define truth: ‘Fairness is overrated’

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
"In a better world in which the mainstream major media had a history of fairness and non-partisanship, Holt's point that journalism inherently involves filtering information might make sense. This is not such a better world, this is a world in which the mainstream major media wears its partisanship on its sleeve, manipulating the news cycle to the advantage of Democrats," Jacobson told Fox News. "In the real world, Holt's advice simply justifies media political bias."

While Jacobson isn’t a fan of Holt’s comments, many liberal media watchdogs cheered him on.

Left-wing New York University journalism professor Jay Rosen felt Holt’s comments were reason to celebrate.

"When the chief anchor of one of the major networks agrees that bothsidesing everything is bad practice, critics have finally won a point and they should celebrate," Rosen tweeted.

This has been taught in journalism schools for a long time now. Editorializing is proper journalism, trying to be objective by just reporting facts is a failure

Actually he is exactly right. He is not talking about opinion. He is talking about fact. He used the example of where the sun sets but I will use another. The world is round. There are not two sides to that story. There is only one. Giving some idiots equal time to argue that the world is flat is dumb. Allowing that stupidly only emboldens liars and cheats. They don’t deserve any element of fairness.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: y2h
Actually he is exactly right. He is not talking about opinion. He is talking about fact. He used the example of where the sun sets but I will use another. The world is round. There are not two sides to that story. There is only one. Giving some idiots equal time to argue that the world is flat is dumb. Allowing that stupidly only emboldens liars and cheats. They don’t deserve any element of fairness.

Jesus christ!

lmao

One story, like how Floyd was a violent lifelong criminal and drug addict.

Not guilty.

Who decides who the idiots are?

Debate is integral to a free society. Otherwise the powers that be just slap truth on their side of an issue as if it's the word of God.

Actually he is exactly right And you guys are too dumb to know it. He is not talking about opinion. He is talking about fact. He used the example of where the sun sets but I will use another. The world is round. There are not two sides to that story. There is only one. Giving some idiots equal time to argue that the world is flat is dumb as . Allowing that stupidly only emboldens liars and cheats. They don’t deserve any element of fairness.

So it only applies to empirical facts? Like humans are sexually dimorphic and there are significant differences between males and females?

The Earth is an irregularly shaped ellipsoid

Maybe someone will pound the crap out of Lester, and if enough of us agree with it, then that's tough sheet for him.

Which has been proven to wobble slightly on its axis, which is the major cause of climate changes.

Actually he is exactly right And you guys are too dumb to know it. He is not talking about opinion. He is talking about fact. He used the example of where the sun sets but I will use another. The world is round. There are not two sides to that story. There is only one. Giving some idiots equal time to argue that the world is flat is dumb as . Allowing that stupidly only emboldens liars and cheats. They don’t deserve any element of fairness.

Way to gloss over how certain people claim opinions as “facts.”

Last week on NPR's morning addition Steve Zolyski or whatever the dipwads last name is started an interview with "Now that the man that directed the attacks on our capital is out of office......"

No, I'm not kidding......and taxpayers support NPR. IT's bullshiete.

One story, like how Floyd was a violent lifelong criminal and drug addict.

Not guilty.
The Chauvin thread is a great example of what Holt is saying. On that thread, CHS1971 is pushing a false narrative that the autopsy did not say the cause death was cardiopulmonary arrest caused by subdual, restraint, and neck compression and that the coroner's office did not determine manner of death as homicide. This is despite the fact that it says those exact things in the coroner's report and press release. Both are posted in the thread. He is obviously lying and the the facts are indisputable. CHS1971 does not deserve equal weight and fairness. He may get that because Yappi does not care or even promotes lies like his, but he does not have a right to fairness given what he is saying. Nowhere....school, work, or even media should have an obligation to provide equal treatment of such nonsense.

The Chauvin thread is a great example of what Holt is saying. On that thread, CHS1971 is pushing a false narrative that the autopsy did not say the cause death was cardiopulmonary arrest caused by subdual, restraint, and neck compression and that the coroner's office did not determine manner of death as homicide. This is despite the fact that it says those exact things in the coroner's report and press release. Both are posted in the thread. He is obviously lying and the the facts are indisputable. CHS1971 does not deserve equal weight and fairness. He may get that because Yappi does not care or even promotes lies like his, but he does not have a right to fairness given what he is saying. Nowhere....school, work, or even media should have an obligation to provide equal treatment of such nonsense.
So you agree with Holt.
CHS beat you to the news report and your entire post, being a different side of the story, should be deleted because there was no reason for you to post something different than the "facts" CHS posted first.

Prov1, or should I say Pev1, is on board with one sided reporting, as long as it promotes his side. The only truth Holt spoke, was of the press' refusal to be fair.
I am not on board with one sided reporting. I am on board with not guaranteeing flat earthers the same access to platforms. If somebody wants to give them access, I am fine with it but they don't deserve it. They have no right to it. Media should not be be expected to offer it.

Just stop. Are you going to argue the sun does not set in the West now?

I am not on board with one sided reporting. I am on board with not guaranteeing flat earthers the same access to platforms. If somebody wants to give them access, I am fine with it but they don't deserve it. They have no right to it. Media should not be be expected to offer it.
Flat earth was the more original concept.
So we should never have gotten any other news about any other shape?
Why do you want to suppress free speech?

Historically speaking, this is how every totalitarian regime control the dummies...
They even were able to get the real dummies to demand the thought police think for all...pretty much the standard for control and mass murder since governments and religion existed.