Recent content by Walt

1. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

My wife asked me what I thought. I said this would be like going shopping for a new car. You leave your house thinking you're in the market for a sports car or pick-up truck, but come home with a minivan. Not that it's necessarily bad, but not exciting or fun. Mike T was only going to look...
  2. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Mendenhall just likes to make controversial statements to piss people off. I don't think he means half the stuff he says, he just likes the attention. Remember when he said something favorable about Osama Bin Laden? He's the Twitter equivalent of a "hot takes" sports talk radio show host.
  3. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

you mean how like when the bengals fired Marvin Lewis and then hired a better coach?
  4. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Are you saying Tomlin has absolutely zero say so in who they draft? Do you think he has no input into free agent signings? And who makes the decision which players to keep or cut each season? And he’s shown that he’s stubborn and will play guys who don’t deserve to be on the field rather...
  5. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Is this sarcasm? Or are you a Browns or Bengals fan? No sane Steelers fan thinks Tomlin should be back in 2024.
  6. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

As soon as I saw them lined up in shot gun I knew they weren’t going to get it. Trubisky off the bench cold, you knew they weren’t passing. In gun with one back the LBs were able to attack downhill knowing where the ball was going. Put your QB under center and either go 13 personnel and power...
  7. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Should but won’t. They’ll end up 9-8 (again) and we’ll hear about how great Tomlin is because he’s never had a losing season. Rinse & repeat in 2024.
  8. W

DI Springfield vs St Edward Updates (12/01/23)

During the time out you would have thought the coaches told the kid to get rid of ball quickly….
  9. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

i have a very hard time taking PFF grade’s seriously. I trust my own eye test. I’ve watched games when it was clear that Broderick Jones was the best lineman on the field yet PFF ranked him the worst. Or see TJ vs Miles Garrett in week 2. Garrett was a complete no-show. TJ made a ton of...
  10. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Kenny's ceilling is to be the the 8th or 9th best QB in the AFC. Right now which AFC teams have a worse QB situation? Las Vegas, New England, and the Jets (currently).... not sure about the Titans, Colts, or Broncos. Best case scenario Kenny is he's currently the 10th best QB in the AFC...
  11. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

If last night's game was the first NFL game you had seen in two years and someone told you to determine which QB was in his 2nd season with 20 starts under his belt and which one was the rookie making his 2nd start.... who do you think you'd pick as the rookie? Kenny is inaccurate (which is...
  12. W

Dublin Coffman 2023

Pickett = Mark Malone. The Steelers still have to get through Bubby, O’Donnell, Tomczak, Miller, Kordell, and Tommy before they get back to another Ben. 😡
  13. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Also... I think Art Rooney II deserves criticism. He is nothing more than a more charasmatic Mike Brown. He doesn't really seem to care about winning Super Bowls. He's running the organization more like a business and he's happy as long as they're making money. A championship would be a...
  14. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

I also like Mike Tomlin. I love all he's done for the Steelers organization over the years as well as what he's done in the city of Pittsburgh. He's been great and deserves to be in the HOF. My fear is that he'll get this team to 9-8 again. They'll be in the playoff picture in week 18 but...
  15. W

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

I am beyond ready for a total house cleaning. Nothing is going to change until they change the man in charge. I like Mike Tomlin. I think he deserves credit for all he's done over the years, but I think he and Belichick have worn out their welcome with their respective franchises. Steelers...