Recent content by speedthatkills

1. speedthatkills

Hold Backs Getting out of Control...

This thread every year. Personally I feel bad for the kids that get held back. Parents might say it is a maturity thing, grades thing, etc. However I feel like in the vast majority of the cases it is mommy and daddy trying to get an edge because little jimmy struggles more than they want in...
  2. speedthatkills

2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

The other thing I think is often over looked when it comes to quality of a conference is the overall experience. Perhaps I am an idealist but I love the Friday night experience. Go to a game in the conference and the stands are full to packed almost all of the time, and this at almost all...
  3. speedthatkills

Kettering Fairmont District Predications

Just an old guys opinion but match was right in front of me. Great match but Kleinberg dominated Harney. Harney did not look like himself at all! I do not know if that was due solely to Kleinberg, or if something is going on with Harney. When Harney pushed the pace it was fun to watch but...
  4. speedthatkills

Lakota east sectional predictions

Not that it matters, but if they do not lose the one wrestler to skin they are likely a closeish second. Was a good day
  5. speedthatkills

Kettering Fairmont District Predications

I would also add Ferguson and Johnson into this mix at 190
  6. speedthatkills

New to Ohio

Seems you are forgetting about little old Ross Ohio. Consistent winner over the last what? 25years. Coach not going anywhere as he is a teacher and his kids are just now getting to HS. Wall full of state qualifiers, placers, and a champ. Tough in state duals knocking off higher seeds...
  7. speedthatkills

Colerain

Say what you want but I doubt there are many that love Colerain and the kids the way Huber will. Not afraid to call them out, but does it from a place of caring.
  8. speedthatkills

Fairfield tournament brackets

Couple of weird ones in there imo, but criteria is criteria. 106, 113, 138, and 144....yikes have fun in those weights. Ferguson from OH as a 4 is laughable as he is the clear 1 but I understand why. Gonna be a fun couple of days
  9. speedthatkills

2022 SWOWCA Coaches Classic

From a fan/dad/volunteer perspective the tournament was great. The amount of room was great, concessions on both sides of the arena(did run out of food before noon on Sunday so I give a B- in this scoring area), 99.9% of fans were great, we actually had multiple check ins from staff to ensure...
  10. speedthatkills

NEW Rankings - December 13

I was thinking the same. If he runs the table(or gets a couple of those guys) he is likely moving way up the ladder, not just ranked. I do not know who he has and has not wrestled but one win isn't going to put you into the rankings. Need to get a few notches on your belt to break in. I know...
  11. speedthatkills

Matboss on a smart TV

The app is just like on your phone, although I typically just mirror or cast it
  12. speedthatkills

Re: OHSWCA State Duals Release 11.29.22

Bummed this is not taking place at St. Johns but so glad the OHSWCA is doing what it has to in order to keep this going.
  13. speedthatkills

Olentangy Pool Tournament

the link does not give the final results. The winner of each pool wrestled for the t1/2, 2nd in each pool wrestled for 3/4, etc. Some pools had the best kids opposite but most didn't. I thought maybe it was split by schools and that wasn't the case either. Maybe I am missing something simple...
  14. speedthatkills

You can see the results in the link above. Few take aways from me. Weird there was no seeding as it appeared that the host set up pools to get their own guys moved forward. Best match of the day came in round 1 because there was no seeding. Quite a few instances where what should have been...
  15. speedthatkills

We are coming to this for the first time. Any recommendations for local eats the night before? Seating in gym good, concessions, etc? Is all wrestling in a single gym or are there multiple gyms? Any insight would be much appreciated.