Re: OHSWCA State Duals Release 11.29.22

Hello wrestling community.

Please see the release from last week which was sent to all coaches and athletic directors about the 2023 OHSWCA state duals (boys and girls). If there are questions, please direct them to the following:

Division I: Dean Conley (dconley@canfieldschools.net)
Division II: Mike Blackburn (mike.blackburn@rollred.net)
Division III: Jesse Wells (jesse.wells@gozeps.org)
Girls: Brian Nicola (brian_nicola@olsd.us)

Thanks again for the continued support,

The OHSWCA

Attachments

• OHSWCA_state_duals_release_11.29.22.pdf
    305.6 KB · Views: 655

So, whats the deal with seeding? I saw the seeding after last year, but i thought the were re-seeding at the beginning of the new season.

Coach,

We are re-seeding, but we are going to wait until the first month of the season to get current season results as another measuring stick. Hope this make sense.

Thanks,

Dean

Bummed this is not taking place at St. Johns but so glad the OHSWCA is doing what it has to in order to keep this going.

DIVISION I-FAIRMONT DISTRICT--All teams confirmed Springboro (potential host site), Ross (potential host site), Lasalle, Moeller (potential host site), Beavercreek (potential host site), Elder, Miamisburg, Fairfield, and Lakota West (potential host site) will complete in the 10 team field (2 sites of 5 teams each).

Am I missing someone or are there only 9 teams listed? Who is the 10th team?

DIVISION I-FAIRMONT DISTRICT--All teams confirmed Springboro (potential host site), Ross (potential host site), Lasalle, Moeller (potential host site), Beavercreek (potential host site), Elder, Miamisburg, Fairfield, and Lakota West (potential host site) will complete in the 10 team field (2 sites of 5 teams each).

Am I missing someone or are there only 9 teams listed? Who is the 10th team?
Lebanon? They are the regional 3 seed.

Liberty in last year and this year. The format is closer to original concept from early 90s. Probably should just go back to the old format as it was better and I think all teams got three matches with no waiting around. The final host site needs to be able to throw down 4 mats. Not sure where the finals are going to be this year but hope Upper Arlington gets in the rotation.

Probably should just go back to the old format as it was better and I think all teams got three matches with no waiting around. The final host site needs to be able to throw down 4 mats.
Officiated both more than once, and you're correct. The original State Duals format transpired much smoother/quicker, more exciting, allowed for more wrestling, and ALL the officials actually officiated. Having officials as boppers was the ultimate waste of time/money. LOL!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Less than a month out, and still nothing as far as final seeding and host sites? Have I missed any additional info?

All district brackets (with respective seeds) can be found on baumspage now. The district matches will all be on Saturday, February 4th. Thanks to everyone for their help in expanding the field and host sites.

Best of luck to all teams!

I’m sorta out of the know with respects to the seeding criteria for this. Really confused why a couple very solid teams in D1 and D3 would be so low while much thinner teams are above them. Based on last seasons accolades or…

All district brackets (with respective seeds) can be found on baumspage now. The district matches will all be on Saturday, February 4th. Thanks to everyone for their help in expanding the field and host sites.

Best of luck to all teams!

I’m sorta out of the know with respects to the seeding criteria for this. Really confused why a couple very solid teams in D1 and D3 would be so low while much thinner teams are above them. Based on last seasons accolades or…
Coaches vote.