Recent content by Chuges

1. Chuges

Are you a true West Sider??

I saw on Facebook The Main Entrance in Delhi is closing. Any rumors if anything is slated to take over that space?
  2. Chuges

2023 Elder Football

Cleveland area really isn't that bad. In fact, it's got a lot more in common with Cincinnati than you'd think.
  3. Chuges

2023 Elder Football

The Cleveland/Akron area is pretty interesting concerning HS football and the talent distribution. You've basically got Ignatius and Eds, who can pull from practically anywhere from Cedar Point to almost Youngstown (which is insane to think about), Hoban who is a D2 juggernaut in Akron, a few...
  4. Chuges

Kyle Rudolph’s Future at NBC

Listened to a podcast the other day where Kyle was a guest. One of the hosts used the word retired. Kyle did not. Maybe it was just an assumption but it did seem like he was ready to move on to the next chapter in his life. Kyle stated that he had a conversation with his son who stated he'd...
  5. Chuges

In my town here in NE Ohio we're members at our community rec center. The local school district utilizes the pool for swim practice and occasional meets. I'm not a swimmer but when there's a meet it does fill up the parking lot. The ability to use the rest of the facility, including the...
  6. Chuges

Same thing happened near my father-in-law's old house in Maryland. Right across the street was a big mound that was fenced off. No one ever got near it.
  7. Chuges

Seton Soccer in State Final Four

Always happy to see positive news for Seton! Congrats ladies!
  8. Chuges

Playoffs Round 2: Elder (9-2) vs. Milford (9-2)

Tonight's game was extremely impressive for Elder. They clearly wanted to keep the Milford offense off the field and they executed the game plan to perfection. Should be a great game next weekend against Lakota West. Hopefully there's a good turnout even with a UC game next Friday night.
  9. Chuges

Week 7: Elder (5-1) v Moeller (6-0)

Honestly, we don't know how lucky we have it at Elder. Might not get the same crowds as the old days but people still care about the game. Earlier this year I went to a game at my wife's HS here in NE Ohio and it was just not the same. Half the crowd left after the band played at halftime and...
  10. Chuges

Week 6: Elder (4-1) vs St. Xavier (2-3)

Let's get it going! Should be an electric atmosphere at The Pit on Friday!
  11. Chuges

Week 4: Elder(3-0) vs. St. Edward(3-0) Away

Has anyone heard info about parking at/near the stadium? I've heard that it's not very plentiful, but didn't know if there was any tips flying around.
  12. Chuges

Week 3: Elder(2-0) at Springboro(2-0)

Very fortunate to get that missed FG. Time to finish them off.
  13. Chuges

Week 2: Elder(1-0) vs Pickerington Central(1-0)

Very impressive win for the Panthers. Offense got a bit conservative in the second half but the defense was outstanding. I'm excited to see what the rest of the season holds for the team.
  14. Chuges

Article on Wrestling/Volleyball Gym Renovations

It's been an accent color for a few years now. I think it looks good. I always secretly wanted a black alternate jersey for football and basketball similar to the baseball alternates but I think that would have upset plenty of the old timers.