Recent content by Brambleberry

1. B

Favorite Clubs by League

EPL - Everton La Liga - None Serie A - None Bundesliga - Leverkusen MLS - FC Cinci Favorite European National Team - Ireland or Iceland Favorite South American National Team - None
  2. B

2021 Boys Nationals

Some very strong showings from Ohio club teams. Leading the pack was definitely Vanguard 18-1, followed by Cinci Attack 17-1, then you have Cinci Attack 18-1, Vanguard 18-2, OP 15-1 with good finishes. Excited for next year. I think Cinci Attack 18's will be strong and will be interested to...
  3. B

SoCal Cup National Showcase

You seem familiar with the Vanguard program. Any early guesses to who might be on the 18 Gold team next year? I can start with some of the players I assume will be on it L - McDonough OH - Jones OH - ? MH - ? MH - ? OPP - Tucker S - Culpepper Bench - ?
  4. B

SoCal Cup National Showcase

The 18-2 team has a handful of juniors on it playing up. I'd expect a drop-off next year, because I think this year's Vanguard team was a once in a decade type skill level. Jonah Gilbert's and Cole Young's aren't exactly growing on trees around Ohio.
  5. B

Way too early predictions for next year?

I thought Centerville lost more than that... In that case, I'd bump them up into the 3-5 range
  6. B

Tombragel is going to be a junior. Borgmann, Vogelpohl, and Lipscomb graduate. Bringing back both outsides, which will be one of the top 2 or 3 OH combos in the state, along with a returning setter should be enough to keep them quite high. The coaching vacancy will play a big part with just...
  7. B

Going to be tough to tell. I think Elder has to be the better's favorite, but after them I think X has some very solid juniors-to-be and could compare to Elder from this past year. I don't think I would put Ignatius that high. They were very average without the big senior. The team that is...
  8. B

All State Teams

https://www.ignatiuswildcats.com/roster/show/6178300?subseason=733249 Those names aren't even on the roster?
  9. B

2021 State Tournament Results

Honestly my favorite part was after those 104 swings and looking dead tired, he stepped back to the service line and absolutely ripped a jumper. It was match point to Moeller, and decided to bring that out after having floated to save his legs all match prior. Incredible effort put forth by him
  10. B

50 kills in a match has to be an Ohio state record. Only in 4 sets as well! And to do it against Moeller, the state champion, is unbelievable. Truly in the top echelon of players in Ohio history
  11. B

Elder should be the team to beat. Will have one of the best setters in the state (Bianco), the best OH1 and best OH combo (Maune and Schwallie), one of the best liberos in the state (Samuels). Then two very solid middles in Zimmer and Busken. Not to mention returning starter at OPP Maurer...
  12. B

Tournament discussion/predictions?

A few sophomore's making big contributions with top teams in D1. Will be fun to see how they continue to progress. Think Fenwick was right there in the mix of best teams in the state with Moeller, X, and Elder. Congrats to them!
  13. B

Gilbert is incredible. He is near the top of all time Ohio greats in my book. What a show he put on in that match against Moeller!
  14. B

My predictions: D1 Bracket Moeller vs Centerville Moeller in 3 Jackson vs Bradley Bradley in 4 Moeller over Bradley in 4 Elder vs Beavercreek Elder in 3 Liberty vs Ignatius Liberty in 4 Elder over Liberty in 3 Elder over Moeller in 5 D2 Bracket Badin vs Fenwick...
  15. B

All State Teams

Where did you find stats?