Glenville

May Glenville continue to live rent-free in the minds of all the jealous, bitter losers.

Go Tarblooders! Make it a 3-peat this year!

Big time kudos to Ted Ginn for being named to the Cleveland Five Hundred as selected by the Cleveland Magazine. These are the top 500 leaders, doers, visionaries and idea generators who shape the City.

Clearly it’s more than football for Coach Ginn and it’s great to see him recognized for the great work that he is doing.

I was told they would move to division viii and in the playoffs the opposing team could only play with 10 players on the field!

According to OHSAA and CMSD bylaws and policies, there's almost no way Glenville could have a CB other than 0.
Prior to Corona they had a CB number every year going back to 2016, I can't find info on 2015.

Boys Enrollment + #CB
2016 - 420 #50
2017 - *367 #50
2018 - 336 #16
2019 - 270 #20
2020 - 261 * Corona #11
2021 - 250 #0
2022 - 249 #0
2023 - 249 #0
2024 - 216 #?

Last edited:
Hopefully they play Marion Local next year. That would be a great matchup.
I love the Marion local program. Before it is said and done they will have the biggest dynasty in Ohio. That said, they simply don’t have the horses, the depth or the skill to compete with Glenville, Massillon Ed’s etc

Prior to Corona they had a CB number every year going back to 2016, I can't find info on 2015.

Boys Enrollment
2016 - 420 #50
2017 - 420 #50
2018 - 336 #16
2019 - 270 #20
2020 - 261 * Corona #11
2021 - 250 #0
2022 - 249 #0
2023 - 249 #0
In a span of 5 years their enrollment almost halved while their CB went to 0? That’s kind of bizarre

love the Marion local program. Before it is said and done they will have the biggest dynasty in Ohio. That said, they simply don’t have the horses, the depth or the skill to compete with Glenville, Massillon Ed’s etc
ML would likely beat Glenville. They would not beat Glenville + GA + whatever out of district kids they can finagle eligibility to play.

Is there any actual explanation as to how they went from always having a CB# to now having 0? Was there a change as to how the Cleveland city schools categorizes students etc?

In a span of 5 years their enrollment almost halved while their CB went to 0? That’s kind of bizarre
The CB decline might be due to changes in the bylaws and policies which determine eligibility. Example: it is unclear how Glenville is the closest CMSD school to any point outside CMSD boundaries.

Is there any actual explanation as to how they went from always having a CB# to now having 0? Was there a change as to how the Cleveland city schools categorizes students etc?
Most, if not all, of Glenville's football players attend Ginn Academy, which is a CMSD-run all-boys school which doesn't offer any extracurriculars. Any CMSD student attending Ginn Academy that wants to do extracurriculars can only do so for the high school in their neighborhood. Glenville's competitive balance for football is 0 because all of the players on the team live in the Glenville zone

Most, if not all, of Glenville's football players attend Ginn Academy, which is a CMSD-run all-boys school which doesn't offer any extracurriculars. Any CMSD student attending Ginn Academy that wants to do extracurriculars can only do so for the high school in their neighborhood. Glenville's competitive balance for football is 0 because all of the players on the team live in the Glenville zone
But that clearly wasn’t always the case as they used to have a CB of 50 per the info posted above. It seems unlikely that a school that regularly had a sizable amount of students that affected CB would all of a sudden go to 0.

But that clearly wasn’t always the case as they used to have a CB of 50 per the info posted above. It seems unlikely that a school that regularly had a sizable amount of students that affected CB would all of a sudden go to 0.
cb 1.png

50 is a pretty big number (Massillon is usually in the 30s) but now every single student lives in the glenville zone? Even the parent of one who admitted to living in Willoughby hills just a few weeks ago…

It is a tad askew. ;)

I don't care either way. They schedule up, so they clearly don't duck. And most their fans want to bump up. I wonder if they have the option to not to file for exceptions and then simply accept the resulting CB penalty? I mean if you don't care, and in fact want to bump to D3, why risk eligibility or penalty for filing an exception that a parent filled out inaccurately etc or could be challenged? Or maybe it's required, I don't know, just an idea. (That goes for TCC, Hoban, Massillon etc too).