• Russia

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Jackson Center

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Troy Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 7 divisions were created to bring in more money for OHSAA as these All-Star teams bring very few fans with them, wonder why.
Yep. Tournaments are the primary revenue driver for the OHSAA, and it's a major problem for the financial bottom line when Richmond Heights, Harvest Prep, Lutheran East, etc. are bringing the all-star teams and zero fans to the state tournament.

Richmond Heights is very good.

They also have zero business getting to play in D4 having move-ins from all over NE Ohio every year.

That sounds like it is against the rules. Is it not? Then Richmond Heights dynasty should have already been dismantled. No?
They must be within the letter of the OHSAA rules or they would have already been punished. The rules of fair play and intersholastic sports? Everyone’s got their own opinion on that.

Good season hawks proud of you. Something ain’t right with this Richmond heights team this is Columbus wherle all over again. Hopefully they will move up next division. We had some open looks just couldn’t shoot had to rush to much.

On this topic, we need facts, not opinions.
I disagree. People can look at a situation and acknowledge that while it may be within the rules, it’s not right nor fair. I’m in the minority here in that I don’t blame the OHSAA here. It’s in an impossible situation and I’m not sure what else it could do. I also acknowledge that there are lessons to be learned here - namely that life isn’t fair. I can think all those things while still having contempt for those that put together these stacked rosters all in the name of creating a dynasty. There can’t be much satisfaction in it - and clearly there isn’t for the community, as evidenced by the weak attendance.

Yes sir I am joking. Which is why I referenced 19 divisions. All this is going to do is disperse more powerhouse teams throughout more divisions thus having more people complain.
I cant wait for Warren JFk to get down there in the new D7 and the cycle starts all over again lol

I disagree. People can look at a situation and acknowledge that while it may be within the rules, it’s not right nor fair. I’m in the minority here in that I don’t blame the OHSAA here. It’s in an impossible situation and I’m not sure what else it could do. I also acknowledge that there are lessons to be learned here - namely that life isn’t fair. I can think all those things while still having contempt for those that put together these stacked rosters all in the name of creating a dynasty. There can’t be much satisfaction in it - and clearly there isn’t for the community, as evidenced by the weak attendance.
With all due respect, you don't know why the roster was put together. To make such an accusation, you should be rather close to the program and understand their motives here.

Hilarious that they interviewed a "director of compliance" from the OHSAA at halftime of this game lol.
I was hoping there would be a question on "transfers' fully knowing there wouldn't. It got a bit old listening to the pregame and game announcers gushing over how good RH was although I did hear one of the pregame guys say the words "All Star Team".

With all due respect, you don't know why the roster was put together. To make such an accusation, you should be rather close to the program and understand their motives here.
Do you know? Please share why so many very, very talented players all decided to transfer to play at one school.

You are correct in that I don’t know. I can only go by what a seemingly knowledgeable person who lives in that general location said:

Most people have never been to Richmond Heights or have seen their school (the old.one). They are legit D4 in size. They do have a brand new school and gym that opened last year - but it's a small town..in fact they forfeited football games and did not play a few years because they were unable to field a team.

They happened to hire a coach that kids want to play for and the open enrollment makes it easier for that to happen. The city does have apartments so moving into the district is easier then most cities. They are not doing anything wrong. Maybe outsiders don't like it but there is nothing stopping your school from doing the same thing.
Do you think this person is wrong?

I did, it's not against the rules, but to be perfectly clear the spirit of sportsmanship and the dignity of the game have been smashed beyond recognition.
Look at the other side of the coin. A group of young men have been given an opportunity at success. They may not have had that chance/support elsewhere.

I would say they were a little off but that was also a really good effort by Russia period. I saw RH beat St Ignatius and St Eds. They turned Ignatius over a lot at the beginning and Jones (#11) caught FIRE early. Once Ignatius stabilized their guard play they were able to get back in the game. RH still had Crumble. Against Eds they didnt have Crumble and the game wouldve been much closer had Eds made all their bunnies at the rim. I would say the interior defense has been Richmond weakness since Crumble was declared ineligible.

But like I said kudos to Russia because they were able to do what Eds couldnt: capitilaize at the rim.
This may have been Ed’s worst team in the last 10 years. They haven’t had any major D1 players in quite a while.

You are correct in that I don’t know. I can only go by what a seemingly knowledgeable person who lives in that general location said:

Do you think this person is wrong?
I don't know if they are wrong, but if they feel as though that man is supporting them an offering them a better opportunity than what they may have had (meaning, he cares about them), then I can't blame them. To say he is just trying to create a dynasty is an accusation I cannot stand behind. Maybe he truly cares about these kids and giving them opportunities. Why can we not assume that side of the story?

I don't know why RH gets so much hate. I see a team that plays tough d (meaning they give effort) and rarely complains about calls that do not go their way. That's about all you can ask for in a team. Lots of folks upset that they happen to be more talented than others.
Clueless……it isn’t hate….it is bending the rules…..AAU has killed Ohio basketball….and OHSAA wonders why attendance has dropped!!!!!

I don't know if they are wrong, but if they feel as though that man is supporting them an offering them a better opportunity than what they may have had (meaning, he cares about them), then I can't blame them. To say he is just trying to create a dynasty is an accusation I cannot stand behind. Maybe he truly cares about these kids and giving them opportunities. Why can we not assume that side of the story?
Why do you assume that's the correct side of the story? These players future in basketball has NOTHING to do with anything they accomplish at RH. Colleges scout kids at AAU camps and tournament not high school games.

The OHSAA appears to recognize the modern student population is very transient. I had a class of about twenty kids last year and only fifteen had been in the district the previous five years without some movement. A few had moved to neighboring districts for a variety of reasons and returned. The county seat communities I have worked in have very little affordable housing for the modern middle class family. Many students live in apartments and have little to tie their families staying if a new employment opportunity or divorce occurs. A quick look at the available housing in Richmond Heights leads me to believe a move there puts these kids in a better/safer situation.