#PACtion™ 2024

I've been down CR 77 many times. It's a nice area but doesn't have the tuffness of Boyd's Corner or Corundite in The Slaw.
If you want tuffness in Holmes County you have to drive down Water Street in Killbuck during the summer with your windows down. If you don't drown from the overflowing creeks after a quick summer storm, you better be ready to fend off the enormous mosquitos that leave welts the size of tennis balls and an itch worse than anything picked up in Vietnam.

If you want tuffness in Holmes County you have to drive down Water Street in Killbuck during the summer with your windows down. If you don't drown from the overflowing creeks after a quick summer storm, you better be ready to fend off the enormous mosquitos that leave welts the size of tennis balls and an itch worse than anything picked up in Vietnam.
If you do manage to survive you can always hit up the Pizza Parlor and Drive thru and get a sixer of Nattie Light Tall boys and cruise around eating your pizza and forgetting about the mosquito bites.

I'm familiar. 😂

If you do manage to survive you can always hit up the Pizza Parlor and Drive thru and get a sixer of Nattie Light Tall boys and cruise around eating your pizza and forgetting about the mosquito bites.
Narrator: A random summer conversation in the Givens household
Mrs: Pizza sounds good. You want to go to Killbuck or Sugar Creek?
RG: Better go to Sugar Creek. It rained last night, not sure we can get to Killbuck and back by car.

Narrator: A random summer conversation in the Givens household
Mrs: Pizza sounds good. You want to go to Killbuck or Sugar Creek?
RG: Better go to Sugar Creek. It rained last night, not sure we can get to Killbuck and back by car.
Oh the days of The Pizza Parlor in Dalton......my dad and I would read all the Sunday newspapers for NFL coverage and get a pizza in Dalton. We'd watch the NFL all Sunday. Friends would join us or I'd go over to their Elms Acres football basement bunker or down on Sarbaugh where football was on the menu and so were one on one basketball games.

The AFC Central was tuff back then in the 1980's and life was good & simple.

There wasn't a weak team among Cincy, Cleveland, Houston or Pittsburgh. Everyone was kinda 8-8/9-7 because the teams beat up on each other. The real exceptions were the 86 Browns and 88 Bengals.

Fairless back then had a very loyal pocket of Steeler fans in Brewster at the railroad and around the village. My dad got a kick out of those fans.

Last edited:
Word on the street at Kishman's IGA in Minerva is that the Lions are doing nothing and no one wants a new league member with a 3-77 record over the last 8 years.

What needs to happen is an East Canton vs Minerva game. That might snap the Lions out of it.
East Canton is 11 and 18 the last 3 years...at Minerva's present rate it will almost be 24 years to match this win amount...don't be so brutal to the Hornets

East Canton sometimes can be a sneaky good football team and the ultimate in Hornet Land was their old basketball coach Joe Pangrazio stomping and jumping up and down screaming at officials. He was the Rollie Massimino of the Senate and PAC with a strong legacy of Dover Italian food outside of hoops.

East Canton sometimes can be a sneaky good football team and the ultimate in Hornet Land was their old basketball coach Joe Pangrazio stomping up and down screaming at officials. He was the Rollie Massimino of the Senate and PAC with a strong legacy of Dover Italian food outside of hoops.
Spider likes East Canton....in Hornet Land of old they had a kid by the name of Jeff Spalding...think he was 6' 11...tallest kid I saw till Mike Phillips...they both played hoops...Mike was way better

What happened in Minerva is sorta amazing to me. The Lions were legit tuff in football with a decent team, good stadium and fan following. And a long rivalry with Louisville.

@ShootNation what's the real deal on why Minerva went down the tubes?

Spider likes East Canton....in Hornet Land of old they had a kid by the name of Jeff Spalding...think he was 6' 11...tallest kid I saw till Mike Phillips...they both played hoops...Mike was way better
Spider is good for East Canton. I think I remember Spalding? Or was he BEFORE Mike Phillips? If so I'm too young but Pangrazio always had a tuff Hornet hoop team.

I guess I will forever be a hangeroner. Well I guess it is better than not being here at all!
You are an honorary Ohio football fan and don't get all worked up because you're South Hills. It's a compliment.

*Justin Fields can play and how the Steelers handle Russell Wilson and his own personality and entourage while Fields is there is paramount for the black and gold.

Fields was surrounded by more junk than a Dollar General store aisle in Chicago. The Bears are a junkyard.

The Steelers love Buckeyes on their roster. It's smart.

What happened in Minerva is sorta amazing to me. The Lions were legit tuff in football with a decent team, good stadium and fan following. And a long rivalry with Louisville.

@ShootNation what's the real deal on why Minerva went down the tubes?
In 2010 we scrimmaged them at our place...we went to the state semi-finals that year and they were 8 and 3...lost to Marlington 13 and 1, and Louisville who was 7 and 3, then lost to Marlington again first round of playoffs...who went to the state semi-finals...they beat us in the scrimmage.

I remember some early PACtion™ basketball titles coming down to some classic battles between EC v SV and EC v TV.

Pangrazio was a legend and the first coach to a be PACtion™ champs in 89-90.

scroll down to notable games. March 3 1967
Knew a guy, told me he didn't throw the crutch, he was swinging the crutch at the player that just knocked him out of bounds on top of the person with crutches, and well, he came out swinging.

While eating some thin crust at the yard down 250 I was told about how good of a qb Joe Pangrazio was I think for Denison St Mary's back in the way back day.

Joe Pangrazio LEGEND of PAC tuffness

Spider is good for East Canton. I think I remember Spalding? Or was he BEFORE Mike Phillips? If so I'm too young but Pangrazio always had a tuff Hornet hoop team.
He was just right before Mike Phillips or the same year...I think he graduated in 74 from East Canton...saw him play every year he was in school. Actually I am wrong on the tallest I forgot Luke Witte at Marlington...lol

I remember some early PACtion™ basketball titles coming down to some classic battles between EC v SV and EC v TV.

Pangrazio was a legend and the first coach to a be PACtion™ champs in 89-90.

scroll down to notable games. March 3 1967
Knew a guy, told me he didn't throw the crutch, he was swinging the crutch at the player that just knocked him out of bounds on top of the person with crutches, and well, he came out swinging.

While eating some thin crust at the yard down 250 I was told about how good of a qb Joe Pangrazio was I think for Denison St Mary's back in the way back day.

Joe Pangrazio LEGEND of PAC tuffness
Holy smokes Joe was a Xavier Musketeer. I never knew!

I went to the Crosstown Shootout this basketball season. I loved it. Three Skyline Chili cheese coneys and a Diet Mt Dew and great hoops in an electric atmosphere. My GF has her master's from Xavier in Montessori school education and I've always followed UC hoops from afar due to their tradition and Huggins connection.

I love...LOVE....Buckeye football but damn our hoop atmosphere is lacking.

Last edited:
Holy smokes Joe was a Xavier Musketeer. I never knew!

I went to the Crosstown Shootout this basketball season. I loved it. Three Skyline Chili cheese coneys and a Diet Mt Dew and great hoops in an electric atmosphere. My GF has her master's from Xavier in Montessori school education.
First three Skyline Chili Cheese coneys....yes...can you get them at the game? Second three Skyline Chili Cheese coneys and a Diet Mt Dew?...really a diet...lol