#PACtion™ 2024

Didn't know former Steeler Great was a PACtion guy. I knew he was from the area there but never thought to ask. With that said Coventry is not in the PAC anymore. I have seen comments alluding to why, but what is the full story there?

A variety of reasons.

1) the incidents with Harrison and his mere appearance in PACtion rattled some people, sadly; the incident at Tusky Valley with the fan behavior and Harrison's salute would have been quite a sight and social media spectacle with today's camera phones

2) Coventry started pulling in mucho open enrollment students from the Akron City Schools back then thus their enrollment started to creep up in numbers

3) I'm sure Koach was somehow involved; maybe Mo didn't like Koach's pickled peppers and it offended him.
I am pretty sure you are on point with all three observations

I can't say I saw that game in particular, but I know I watched one/two of their state playoffs/title games. Damn that audio is bad. LOL
Could have been this game....I was with John Demarco and we were running back and forth from the end zones in the OT's...was a great game to watch.

A variety of reasons.

1) the incidents with Harrison cited in the Sports Illustrated story and his mere appearance in PACtion rattled some people; sadly, the incident at Tusky Valley with the fan behavior and Harrison's salute would have been quite a sight and social media spectacle with today's camera phones.

2) Coventry started pulling in mucho open enrollment students from the Akron City Schools back then thus their enrollment started to creep up in numbers.

3) I'm sure Koach was somehow involved; maybe Mo didn't like Koach's pickled peppers and it offended him.

4) I'm sure James Harrison and/or Coventry was not well received by the Justus Junta.

All of this is ancient history now, and Coventry should be a serious PACtion2024™ candidate if they want to rejoin.

It's dumm - an Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt level of dumm - to hold grudges from 30 years ago.

The last time I checked, this is PACtion2024™ and not the Balkans with their ability to hold a grudge and make stuffed peppers.

But then again....go on 11 Warriors.com to their internet fan forum and mention Eric Musselman as a candidate for the now open OSU basketball job and see how many replies you'll get from Buckeye fans about his dad Bill Musselman and the brawl with Minnesota over 50 years ago.

Those people will still hold their grudge and blame the kid for the father's incident 30 years from now when they're riding around on their tricked out hoveround.

View attachment 55759
1) the gist of the incidents?
2) So was it an enrollment thing or a "they started to get more talented players thing"?
3) Not even sure what you are saying here lol
4) Justus Junta?

30 years ago? That is a long time.

But then again....go on 11 Warriors.com to their internet fan forum and mention Eric Musselman as a candidate for the now open OSU basketball job and see how many replies you'll get from Buckeye fans about his dad Bill Musselman and the brawl with Minnesota over 50 years ago.
I watched that game on tv....that team never recovered after that...to this day still hate Dave Winfield

2) So was it an enrollment thing or a "they started to get more talented players thing"?
4) Justus Junta?

1. Incidents including the firing of a BB gun (!), a double bird salute in Zoarville, and chants from Tusky Valley fans towards Harrison that would make Senator Robert Byrd proud all rapped up with a tiny bow here:

2) So was it an enrollment thing or a "they started to get more talented players thing"? BOTH.

3) Not even sure what you are saying here lol. Manchester "Koach" Jim France helping to push the Comets out of the league. Mo was Coventry's coach, Mo Tipton, who won a ton of games at Orrville before moving on to Akron Hoban and Coventry.

4) Justus Junta? Fairless.

30 years ago? That is a long time. CORRECT.

1. Incidents including the firing of a BB gun (!), a double bird salute in Zoarville, and chants from Tusky Valley fans towards Harrison that would make Senator Robert Byrd proud all rapped up with a tiny bow here:

Was he ejected from the Tusky Valley game because of the double bird salute? I know he was ejected by the officials, but was that the incident? I seem to remember there were numerous fights in that game

2) So was it an enrollment thing or a "they started to get more talented players thing"? BOTH.

3) Not even sure what you are saying here lol. Manchester "Koach" Jim France helping to push the Comets out of the league. Mo was Coventry's coach, Mo Tipton, who won a ton of games at Orrville before moving on to Akron Hoban and Coventry.

4) Justus Junta? Fairless.

30 years ago? That is a long time. CORRECT.
Was once told that the Manchester game Harrison was suspended for was the first time Koach beat Mo Tipton (at Orrville & Coventry) and Mo was known to remind anyone around him of that.

Maybe that's what today's game needs - more cantankerous coaches. Imagine if Koach or Mo got treated like Dalton's Dial (getting called into the boss' office about a parent complaint after playing in state title game) they'd probably have has some colorful language and then driven straight to the parent's home and let some more color fly.

I watched that game on tv....that team never recovered after that...to this day still hate Dave Winfield
You prove my point. Should Eric Musselman never coach Ohio State because his dad (from Wooster HS & former Ashland U head coach) was coach of an ugly fight over 50 years ago?

Now I don't think Eric is a candidate, but he's done a good job at Arkansas except for this year.

FYI, I'd think about Nate Oats from Alabama for the Buckeye hoops job. He knows how to win in basketball at a football school and he's from the Midwest. Besides low taxes, great BBQ (No, not Haitian BBQ, @Raylan_Givens don't go there), and warmer weather in Alabama, he might want to come back north.

Last edited:
4) Justus Junta?

My mom drove bus for Coventry and she kicked Harrison off her bus for "grabbing girls butts". Pretty sure mom could a taken him at this point. She was 4'11" and could do 15 pullups!
At any rate, the principal came and and forced my mom to drive him over to Jackie lees (not sure of the spelling here). She was not happy. Butt, he was the man at the time so what can you do. Boys will be boys I guess- lol

My mom drove bus for Coventry and she kicked Harrison off her bus for "grabbing girls butts". Pretty sure mom could a taken him at this point. She was 4'11" and could do 15 pullups!
At any rate, the principal came and and forced my mom to drive him over to Jackie lees (not sure of the spelling here). She was not happy. Butt, he was the man at the time so what can you do. Boys will be boys I guess- lol
See this is the inside baseball information you get at PACtionTM.

As for Jackie Lee's, I'm sure @Bluestreakoffice and @TopCat know about it.

Screenshot_20240313-172408-862.png

Last edited:
I know that was week 9....did he get ejected for the double bird or for fights....there were numerous fights in this game.
He did get ejected for the Manchester game back then after the Bolivar Bar Fight of Studio 212 (not Studio 54).

The next game the Panthers won it 21-12 over Coventry without James Harrison.

James Harrison had issues that need reviewed but as a middle aged guy these days, and reading his Twitter, I think he's settled down and found a good path. I think. I hope. James played one year for the Bengals before going back to the Rooney's after 9 years of great play for the Steelers. The Steeler scouts are top tier and they love Kent State players and Ohio college players in Pittsburgh as they should. Browns and Bengal fans can get mad but it's reality. The Steelers have been really smart since hiring Emperor Chaz in 1969 (or 68?).

Pittsburgh loves Ohio State, Penn State, MAC, and Big Ten players as they should. It's smart.

Also, Koach was amazing on many levels. He was Manchester First. I want that dedication from Congress and the Ohio Legislature.

Manchester First, Ohio First, Western PA First, Tuslaw First, Massillon First, Stark County First, Wayne County First, America First.

I'm starting to think maybe The Slaw has better leadership than years past due to the school board changes and, maybe, the change at AD. I hope! I want to be wrong on Tuslaw about past or current leadership but even my cat would be smart enough to hire Broc Dial if it landed in his lap.

Last edited:
See this is the inside baseball information you get at PACtionTM.

As for Jackie Lee's, I'm sure @Bluestreakoffice and @TopCat know about it.

View attachment 55761
Jackie Lees was an interesting concept...bar, night club, restaurant, a gym, 40 lane bowling alley and more....see below. I went to it a couple of times just do the sheer size...had a theater concept with stage for concerts...I still think the bulk of the building is being used by Coventry...one of the reasons it failed just do the sheer size was where it was located...I mean in the summer if you were over that way you went to the Portage Lakes Bars

Last edited:
He did get ejected for the Manchester game back then after the Bolivar Bar Fight of Studio 212 (not Studio 54).

The next game the Panthers won it 21-12 over Coventry without James Harrison.
The Tusky Valley ejection meant he was not allowed to play the next two games...seeing this was week 9, his high school career was done. What I am wondering if the ejection was for fighting...that is how I remember it

The Tusky Valley ejection meant he was not allowed to play the next two games...seeing this was week 9, his high school career was done. What I am wondering if the ejection was for fighting...that is how I remember it
Correct.

The big schools ala Big Ten backed away from James so he got his academic profile in gear enough after all the mess that Kent gave him a shot. No shot at Kent but he scared away the bigger schools after all that drama and that's why he wound up with the Golden Flashes.

After all the James Harrison and Coventry talk today...I just think the Comets make sense back in PACtionTM if they want it. There's many logical reasons why Coventry makes sense but again it depends if they want it or not.

You prove my point. Should Eric Musselman never coach Ohio State because his dad (from Wooster HS & former Ashland U head coach) was coach of an ugly fight over 50 years ago?

Now I don't think Eric is a candidate, but he's done a good job at Arkansas except for this year.

FYI, I'd think about Nate Oats from Alabama for the Buckeye hoops job. He knows how to win in basketball at a football school and he's from the Midwest. Besides low taxes, great BBQ (No, not Haitian BBQ, @Raylan_Givens don't go there), and warmer weather in Alabama, he might want to come back north.
I don't have a problem with Eric....his dad that would have been a different story. I still am amazed the Cavs hired him.

I am not sure about Nate Oats...but am sure about the great BBQ...I did like Huntsville...except for Tornado Alley

There ya go, Mike. You made your own PACtion2024™ connection. A Jose Davis led Bellaire beat Orrville back in the 95. Maybe you watched it? I wasn't at this game (who drives to Zanesville if you don't have to?!?!), but a former coworker had a kid playing in the game and he made sure we all knew this video existed.

I was there! That was before I quit drinking, so my memory is somewhat fuzzy. Maybe someone can help me remember.
Was that the game that Orrville was the home team but the Bellaire faithful got there early and took all the home side seating between the 40 yard lines? I do remember Jose Davis was a load and fun to watch.

I don't have a problem with Eric....his dad that would have been a different story. I still am amazed the Cavs hired him.

I am not sure about Nate Oats...but am sure about the great BBQ...I did like Huntsville...except for Tornado Alley
Nate Oats:

Let Louisville hire Mick Cronin....Mick is a bad fit for Columbus and Sean Miller in Columbus? No. He should stay at Xavier. He's qualified but no.

Chris Mack? No.

Dusty May of FAU (Florida Atlantic)? No, he'll bolt to Indiana as soon as that job opens in the next 2-3 years and it will.

The lazy Ohio Way(TM) is to hire Diebler but no....he needs more seasoning like Haiti. (Extreme joke for maybe 1% of you.)

I love college basketball. 😂

Nate Oats:

Let Louisville hire Mick Cronin....Mick is a bad fit for Columbus and Sean Miller in Columbus? No. He should stay at Xavier. He's qualified but no.

Chris Mack? No.

Dusty May of FAU (Florida Atlantic)? No, he'll bolt to Indiana as soon as that job opens in the next 2-3 years and it will.

The lazy Ohio Way(TM) is to hire Diebler but no....he needs more seasoning like Haiti. (Extreme joke for maybe 1% of you.)

I love college basketball.
I kinda like Diebler but with the new AD coming in do not see it....and I missed your comment on Diebler earlier...but I do like him...your Haiti joke is extreme...lol

Last edited:
What about Diebler...he was one of the lead recruiter for most of these players...I used to follow college hoops but lost interest
No offense to you or others here....

But....

No. Diebler needs more seasoning.

That's the lazy Ohio WayTM that isn't long term thinking. That's how we get the mess in the Ohio Legislature and Governor's Office.

Ohio needs higher standards. Period.

Of course it's hard to have higher standards in Columbus when our nerd governor is 4'8" and needs to stand on a box to be over his podium.

Who else but another nerd dwarf like geriatric Les Wexner sees any value in Liddle Mikey DeWine?

There needs to be a complete and full on extended coaching search. Just giving it to Diebler without a serious coaching search is cronyism and lazy IMO. That's how we got Ryan Day and I'm not sold on him whatsoever. Burn me once vs Michigan ok, twice....shame on me, three times....time for big changes, four times is John Blooper "you're fired" territory.

Y'all can say how the Buckeyes had such a great off-season but prove it to me after the 2024 season. Again, I want to be wrong and love the story of Chip Kelly as OC and helping the Buckeyes go all the way or at least beating Ann Arbor....but I'm very skeptical.

2024 is it for me with Ryan Pay Day the $9.5 million dollar man.

I don't ever again want to hear that Detroit clown Gus Johnson calling a Michigan win over the Buckeyes. It sucked.

If Ohio State isn't the Yankees of college football they're at least the Dodgers so let's act like it.

Last edited:
No. He needs more seasoning.

That's the lazy Ohio WayTM that isn't long term thinking. That's how we get the mess in the Ohio Legislature and Governor's Office.

There needs to be a complete and full on extended coaching search. Just giving it to Diebler without a serious coaching search is cronyism and lazy IMO. That's how we got Ryan Day and I'm not sold on him whatsoever. Burn me once vs Michigan ok, twice....shame on me, three times....time for big changes.

Y'all can say how the Buckeyes had such a great off-season but prove it to me after the 2024 season. Again, I want to be wrong and love the story of Chip Kelly as OC and helping the Buckeyes go all the way or at least beating Ann Arbor....but I'm very skeptical.

I don't ever again want to hear that Detroit clown Gus Johnson calling a Michigan win over the Buckeyes. It sucked.
I missed your comment on Diebler earlier I changed my answer...lol...

Ryan Day is putting himself down to one season...win...he stays...lose he is gone. You also seem to forget the great surrender by Michigan...Oh we have covid..we can't play...they play that game and Michigan gets obliterated....best move Harbaugh made before the sign stealing campaign which did affect the second half of the 2022 game. Then the special teams coach blows the fake punt against Georgia...12 players on the field...I was impressed by Kirby Smart calling the time out before the play because the officials had missed it also...take those three games you look at Day a little differently...in this day and age...college football will become G league and almost pro...and will change the college experience...will rivals still be as important with the fan fare for pros instead of not college

I missed your comment on Diebler earlier I changed my answer...lol...

Ryan Day is putting himself down to one season...win...he stays...lose he is gone. You also seem to forget the great surrender by Michigan...Oh we have covid..we can't play...they play that game and Michigan gets obliterated....best move Harbaugh made before the sign stealing campaign which did affect the second half of the 2022 game. Then the special teams coach blows the fake punt against Georgia...12 players on the field...I was impressed by Kirby Smart calling the time out before the play because the officials had missed it also...take those three games you look at Day a little differently...in this day and age...college football will become G league and almost pro...and will change the college experience...will rivals still be as important with the fan fare for pros instead of not college
You are correct but I give Harbaugh credit. He was a great heel and did what Michigan paid him to do. Win. And he'll win with the LA Chargers.

Harbaugh's roots are from Crestline, Ohio, west of Mansfield. Crestline Bulldogs....their stadium is next to a junkyard. They're the junkyard dogs and they might be playing 8-man football real soon as Crestline is economically depressed. (And why is that, Ohio leadership?).

I do think Michigan will gradually fall apart under their new regime much like their basketball program mess still trying to live off of the Fab 5 from 30 years ago, but I make no excuses for Ryan Pay Day.

2020 could have been rectified if Gene Smith wasn't so lazy and already focused on his retirement even back then. The heat could have been put on Ann Arbor.

2024 is it for Ryan Pay Day. Win or you're gonna be HC of a lesser college team or an OC in the NFL taking his cues from Chip.

I want it to work out but we're at the end here......I'll never give the Detroit Wolverines an inch....and I respect them and love Barberton Bo.

But you're the rival and yinz get my wrath!

Last edited:
You are correct but I give Harbaugh credit. He was a great heel and did what Michigan paid him to do. Win. And he'll win with the LA Chargers.

Harbaugh's roots are from Crestline, Ohio, west of Mansfield. Crestline Bulldogs....their stadium is next to a junkyard. They're the junkyard dogs and they might be playing 8-man football real soon as Crestline is economically depressed. (And why is that, Ohio leadership?).

I do think Michigan will gradually fall apart under their new regime much like their basketball program mess still trying to live off of the Fab 5 from 30 years ago, but I make no excuses for Ryan Pay Day.

2020 could have been rectified if Gene Smith wasn't so lazy and already focused on his retirement even back then. The heat could have been put on Ann Arbor.

2024 is it for Ryan Pay Day. Win or you're gonna be HC of a lesser college team or an OC in the NFL taking his cues from Chip.

I want it to work out but we're at the end here......I'll never give the Detroit Wolverines an inch....and I respect them and love Barberton Bo.

But you're the rival and yinz get my wrath!
I agree totally with the Detroit scUM...no use for that school...I was lucky enough to be at the 97 Rose Bowl and the 2002 National Championship game that sent Miami into oblivion...so the only thing Ohio State has to do for me is beat scUM...I got to witness a national championship and also see a Rose Bowl win...do I want to see more national titles yes...but if they lose I don't take them as hard....concerning Harbaugh I don't think he is that good...his brother saved his behind with the coaches he lent him. Concerning Crestline....did moving Rte 30 out of the center of town hurt them?

I agree totally with the Detroit scUM...no use for that school...I was lucky enough to be at the 97 Rose Bowl and the 2002 National Championship game that sent Miami into oblivion...so the only thing Ohio State has to do for me is beat scUM...I got to witness a national championship and also see a Rose Bowl win...do I want to see more national titles yes...but if they lose I don't take them as hard....concerning Harbaugh I don't think he is that good...his brother saved his behind with the coaches he lent him. Concerning Crestline....did moving Rte 30 out of the center of town hurt them?
Moving 30 totally hurt them but in the big picture it was needed. Badly.

GM closing in neighboring Ontario also hurt them.

Moving 30 totally hurt them but in the big picture it was needed. Badly.

GM closing in neighboring Ontario also hurt them.
Oh 30 was a pain going thru there especially when there was a train....I had to go that way to get to Lima...the hospitals in most of those towns were to small for the products that I worked with....they would move those patients to Mansfield, Columbus, Cleveland, or in some cases Toledo. The car plants that were large and American most closed....seemed to be a pattern...the plants in Lorain were huge....Lordstown did hang on but did close...the Honda plant at Marysville is huge...I think a lot of people do not realize how big they were or are...and all the steel plants over in the valley in Youngstown...they were large and they tore all those down