#PACtion™ 2024

1709667681183.png

While I am sad to see Broc Dial go, I am glad he is getting another opportunity to coach. With that being said I don't see any players following him to Tuslaw. Dalton will still be pretty good next year.
I expect most coaches to go with him. Maybe no players transfer at all - but, the non-conference schedule, new QB, new system, all new coaches....pretty good is staring 6-4 in the grill....

Congrats to Tuslaw. Haven’t won anything yet but this does show a commitment to winning that was decidedly missing the last few years. Turf & Dial? Not sure many had that on their bingo cards.

Congrats to Tuslaw. Haven’t won anything yet but this does show a commitment to winning that was decidedly missing the last few years. Turf & Dial? Not sure many had that on their bingo cards.
Wait until Coach Dial experiences the folding table at John George's and the olde tuffs at The Elms CC bar.

He will have 3 top flight BellStores to visit on his daily commute, too, unless he gets rebellious and takes Church Road to Deerfield to Wooster Street or as my mother says "the back way."

What a great day.

IN:
1709669199638.png

OUT!
1709669409931.png

All right, now that all slots are filled, time to rank the PACtion2024™ head coaches. Not how you think their team will do, but the order of "I'd want him coaching my team." Ready - Go!

We will see what the Bellstores NIL Collective has to say about that.
Any kids coming over likely depends on logistics of course, I don't see a wave of them, but you never know I suppose. In terms of his coaching tree, at a minimum he'll bring his main defensive guy...... not sure I'm ready to go 2 for 2 with my Bourbon betting, but again from a similar reliable source 😁

I expect most coaches to go with him. Maybe no players transfer at all - but, the non-conference schedule, new QB, new system, all new coaches....pretty good is staring 6-4 in the grill....
With a new coach, new system, new assistants. I think Dalton could be...6 and 4 hoping...they easily can be 3 and 7. My line of thought is if a new coach is 500 is first year....they will be very good the next year. Tuslaw could surprise first year...the kids coming back have something to be positive about their program in awhile

With a new coach, new system, new assistants....6 and 4 is hoping...they easily can be 3 and 7. My line of thought is if a new coach is 500 is first year....they will be very good the next year
I would agree, I think they (Dalton) will be fine in the end. They certainly lost a lot and won't reach the heights they did last year for a while I would say. I don't have inner knowledge of what they have coming in the jr high or underclassman rankings, but outside of a few years, they've always put a solid team on the field and their recent run was clearly the most talented and deepest that I can remember coupled with a good coach.

I would agree, I think they (Dalton) will be fine in the end. They certainly lost a lot and won't reach the heights they did last year for a while I would say. I don't have inner knowledge of what they have coming in the jr high or underclassman rankings, but outside of a few years, they've always put a solid team on the field and their recent run was clearly the most talented and deepest that I can remember coupled with a good coach.
It's ok, @CasualFan24 is no longer a bulldog loyalist so you don't have to say nice things about them. Dalton was hot garbage for all but one year between Ramsey & Dial. Maybe their new coach will be fine, maybe not. Doesn't really matter because PACtion2024™ just got a lot more fun.

Not sure if this is the time to ask, but for the Falcon faithful that watch but don't participate (anyone know a word for that?), any feedback on how this announcement was received in Brewster & Navarre? Sure make ya think the Bleu Cup outta be more interesting now.

What does Tuslaw have returning? Obviously we've been over the numbers of underclassmen coming back....but WHO do they return? QB? RB? WR? Any size upfront?

It's ok, @CasualFan24 is no longer a bulldog loyalist so you don't have to say nice things about them. Dalton was hot garbage for all but one year between Ramsey & Dial. Maybe their new coach will be fine, maybe not. Doesn't really matter because PACtion2024™ just got a lot more fun.

Not sure if this is the time to ask, but for the Falcon faithful that watch but don't participate (anyone know a word for that?), any feedback on how this announcement was received in Brewster & Navarre? Sure make ya think the Bleu Cup outta be more interesting now.
Bulldogs going to see A LOT of 7 man fronts next year. Stop Tomlinson, win the game.

All right, now that all slots are filled, time to rank the PACtion2024™ head coaches. Not how you think their team will do, but the order of "I'd want him coaching my team." Ready - Go!
LOVE this.

Love even more that there's a real argument to have the top 3 all have relation to Northwest......

Northwest is our rival again. It's gonna happen.

Especially since those Canal Fulton globalists keep allowing their district to be flooded with Manchester illegal migrants in particular at QB. I'm still waiting for that great big beautiful wall just south of Manchester Salt and Occasions Party Center.

Fairless is on the phone with the IVC. They're feelin bleu.

1) Dial - what he's doing with the BellStores NIL is amazing
2) Dennison - experience and a winner
3) Sarbaugh - he's done a good job in Justus
4) Demarco - experienced
5) Kelly - did a fine job year one
6) Stacy - needs more time
7) Zuercher - he gets the least out of the most. If he beats Wooster I'll shoot him up the charts and I'd love to see it and take back my comment.

This is a good group of coaches.

1) Dial - what he's doing with the BellStores NIL is amazing
2) Dennison - experience and a winner
3) Sarbaugh - he's done a good job in Justus
4) Demarco - experienced
5) Kelly - did a fine job year one
6) Stacy - needs more time
7) Zuercher - he gets the least out of the most. If he beats Wooster I'll shoot him up the charts and I'd love to see it and take back my comment.

This is a good group of coaches.
You are correct this is a good group of coaches....they know the nuances of a smaller school and its constant change of talent yearly...with those 7 coaches I wonder how successful the league will be in acquiring an 8th team

You are correct this is a good group of coaches....they know the nuances of a smaller school and its constant change of talent yearly...with those 7 coaches I wonder how successful the league will be in acquiring an 8th team
It's gonna be really hard. Sure Mogadore will join now but they are short on sports like soccer. However, Coach Dial scheduled Mogadore at Dalton so now he's at The New Slaw.

New Slaw AD El Lapo is looking really good right now....turf project and the hiring of Broc Dial.

I was anticipating this question. So I spent a few minutes this afternoon digging into the archives, to draw up the comparison below. And before you say ... "Wait. CVCA isn't in the conference anymore" ... if I'm doing the research, the Royals are in the comparison ... at least until after the Fall 2024 round robin.

Takeaways:
  • Who would have thunk that The Winningest Coach in Fairless ,Falcon History would be the Dean of PAC coaches, as AJ Sarbaugh enters his 7th year as leader of the Ring of Fire?
  • DeMarco enters Year 5 at Northwest. He had a great first year with an elite QB. But he's still won more than he's lost in the years since then as he approaches the 100-win mark for his career overall
  • Of the three coaches that came on board in 2021, Dennison inherited a generational talent and went 30-9, including a 6-3 playoff record in that span. This year is Year 24 on the sidelines and he is within shouting distance of 200 career wins in the next few seasons if he can keep it going
  • Zeurcher has had periods of success and also some woeful seasons, including a winless campaign at Waynedale. The 2022 season was a surprise and the Red Riders came back to earth a year ago. Can he right the ship long-term? Or is the .449 winning percentage more indicative of what the future is in Orrville? It's hard to follow a local legend. Doug Davault wasn't a Koach (who is?), but it's hard to follow the guy with one state championship, two PAC championships and five regional finals.
  • Nick Cook started with a hiccup 5-6 season, but but is 7 games over .500 after three years (15-7 since 2022) and has kept the arrow pointed up at CVCA, which was 30-14 in the last four years under his predecessor. Cook's team recorded the first 8-win regular season on the east side of Wyoga Lake Road since 2008. There is a lot returning and more at the younger levels (hint: two Kopecs are better than one!). CVCA would likely be PAC favorites if they could compete for one final year. The challenge? Learning how to compete with the Auroras and Chardons of Division 3.
  • The jury is out on the coaching class of 2023. Kevin Stacy and Cody Kelly are both in their first coaching gigs. Both teams showed some moxie in 2023. Can they get the kids out in the numbers required to succeed?
  • And that leads to Tuslaw. The Mustangs just hired a coach that is 50 games over .500 in a career that is only 7 years out from the starting line. Nearly 21% of Broc Dial's career victories are playoff wins! He's young enough that he would still qualify for a "40 Under 40" list if there were such a thing. And it's not as if he inherited a winner in his last stop. Dalton was 16-34 in the five seasons prior to his arrival.
Tuslaw just hit a home run.

Discuss!

1709675503528.png

I was anticipating this question. So I spent a few minutes this afternoon digging into the archives, to draw up the comparison below. And before you say ... "Wait. CVCA isn't in the conference anymore" ... if I'm doing the research, the Royals are in the comparison ... at least until after the Fall 2024 round robin.

Takeaways:
  • Who would have thunk that The Winningest Coach in Fairless ,Falcon History would be the Dean of PAC coaches, as he enters his 7th year as leader of the Ring of Fire?
  • DeMarco enters Year 5 at Northwest. He had a great first year with an elite QB. But he's still won more than he's lost in the years since then as he approaches the 100-win mark for his career overall
  • Of the three coaches that came on board in 2021, Dennison inherited a generational talent and went 30-9, including a 6-3 playoff record in that span. This year is Year 24 on the sidelines and he is within shouting distance of 200 career wins in the next few seasons if he can keep it going
  • Zeurcher has had periods of success and also some woeful seasons, including a winless campaign at Waynedale. The 2022 season was a surprise and the Red Riders came back to earth a year ago. Can he right the ship long-term? Or is the .449 winning percentage more indicative of what the future is in Orrville? It's hard to follow a local legend. Doug Davault wasn't a Koach (who is?), but it's hard to follow the guy with one state championship, two PAC championships and five regional finals.
  • Nick Cook started with a hiccup 5-6 season, but but is 7 games over .500 after three years (15-7 since 2022) and has kept the arrow pointed up at CVCA, which was 30-14 in the last four years under his predecessor. Cook's team recorded the first 8-win regular season on the east side of Wyoga Lake Road since 2008. There is a lot returning and more at the younger levels (hint: two Kopecs are better than one!). CVCA would likely be PAC favorites if they could compete for one final year. The challenge? Learning how to compete with the Auroras and Chardons of Division 3.
  • The jury is out on the coaching class of 2023. Kevin Stacey and Cody Kelly are both in their first coaching gigs. Both teams showed some moxie in 2023. Can they get the kids out in the numbers required to succeed?
  • And that leads to Tuslaw. The Mustangs just hired a coach that is 50 games over .500 in a career that is only 7 years out from the starting line. Nearly 21% of his career victories are playoff wins! He's young enough that he would still qualify for a "40 Under 40" list if there were such a thing. And it's not as if he inherited a winner in his last stop. Dalton was 16-34 in the five seasons prior to his arrival.
Tuslaw just hit a home run.

Discuss!

View attachment 55416
I'll say this about Zuercher, I had some good family play at Waynedale during his run there and it was very....meh.

We've kinda forgot about The Ring of Fire and if more Fairless fans were here we would keep it more top of mind.
Hi Fairless....I'm a fan of your community...and I know it well...my dad was a Brewster railroad worker and my mom has volunteered with Fairless charities due to her Massillon Hospital retiree friends....so come on board. Extinguish the IVC rumors.

FYI....ancient history....Tuslaw vs Fairless used to be week one in the Tuslaw Senate League years while Fairless was in the All Ohio League.

As an old Tuslaw student I used to think the Senate League sucked because we were doing bus trips to Claymont, Carrollton, Minerva, Tusky Valley, Sandy Valley, etc., while Fairless was playing neighborhood teams from the Portage Lakes and Wayne County right in our freaking backyard. And Tuslaw was even closer to those schools than Fairless.

Last edited:
What does Tuslaw have returning? Obviously we've been over the numbers of underclassmen coming back....but WHO do they return? QB? RB? WR? Any size upfront?
They return all those positions; they started and/or played 5-8 sophomores on both sides last year. Couple of solid seniors that have contributed and a lot of experience as well. Biggest loss by far is Jake Lyons, solid player and even better leader which was severely lacking with the rest of that class, lost some size on the line but the bad attitudes, work ethic taking plays off will NOT be missed, thin the herd and Dial will help with that was well. What little cancerous behavior that remains in very small pocket with couple incoming sophomore kids and parents will be taken care of quickly.