#PACtion™ 2024

On Tuesday I plan on going to Lehman's. Obviously I'm going to Bellstores for the first time. My question is where should I pick for dinner. Been to Dutch Kitchen a few times. It's good but want to try something different, something more PACtion. My nephew works in Akron and lives in Cuyahoga Falls. Any PACtion restaurant close to there?
Drive the 56 minutes to beautiful Carrollton, Ohio and eat the World Famous™ Stuffed Porkchop at the Carroll County Airport Restaurant. It's the best stuffed porkchop you will ever eat at an airport

Medina is not tuff whatsoever. You can tell me all about A.I. Root candles or the quaint town square but Medina is not tuffness. They're Stow soft.

If you want tuffness from the oldest of the old school you're talking Valley City in Medina County.
I agree. The Columbia Raiders reside out that way.

Now Rich remember he is coming from Pitt...that road will be natural for him....he is used to tunnels, bridges on top of bridges, exit ramps that are 10 yards long, and having one leg longer then the other!
😂

SR 43 is like Kings Island meets Lombard Street.

This is a San Francisco reference that yinz need to look up.

Last edited:
Next time you see him ask if he'd like to koach at Tuslaw.
We'd take him.

We need Broc Dial.

I bet Evan Berbari is gonna be a serious candidate. He's a Massillon kid, which is good because he'll relate with a lot of district residents, with a last name connected to some beloved downtown Massillon institutions (which will win some fans).

But his 5.96 40 yard dash. He needs some yoga with the mini van moms and tuff jogs up and down Kenyon & Deerfield.

My other concern is he hung out at Ashland U. Good God I hope he went back to Massillon to get away from the boring campus.

Massillon's way cooler than Ashland U. Go to a tavern and just start talking football....

---

People ragging on The Slaw....the last time The Regime already had Matt Gulling hired in a fake search that barely took 3-4 weeks.

Either @ShootNation is right or Broc Dial is thinking it over.

Last edited:
@Mikefln

If yinz are coming the US 22 west to US 250 route out of the 'Burgh you'll be going through Tuscarawas County (you already know that) and that opens up other options in Dover/New Phila.

You could visit Woody Hayes Quaker Stadium, too, which as a Pitt Panther fan you might be meh about, but, hey, that stadium and Dover's Crater Stadium are very old world.
I'm actually coming from Cincy and making the detour to hit up Lehman and see my nephew. I've been by both stadiums before and like them both. I need to attend a game in both now.

He was all hopped up on travelling out to Black River and the discussion devolved to cycling them tough roads out there. The Slaw isn't an option for the guy
I did just see Dalton made a coaching hire!
Actually Black River roads would be easy cycling.....it's flat out there. Although the villages of Sullivan, Homerville, and Spencer are tuff.

The tuffest biking is Deerfield followed by Comet Road.

I'm actually coming from Cincy and making the detour to hit up Lehman and see my nephew. I've been by both stadiums before and like them both. I need to attend a game in both now.
Holy Moly.... Cincinnata!

Yinz gotta visit here:

Also Christian Moerlein, Wunderbar in Covington and Y'all Cafe in Covington.

New Riff and The Party Source in Newport.

You're Italian, which is great, and I don't know if you want German culture and cuisine, but if you do, Cincinnata is top level. Cincinnata has good Italian food but I'm not sure it's Pittsburgh caliber.

I also recommend The Taste of Belgium at The Banks.

You also need to go get a Florence Y'alls tee shirt in honor of a very cool minor league baseball team.

I'll be in Cincy this weekend for my GF's teacher conference and the UC Bearcats vs Kansas State hoop game.

My bucket list is to get to a Dayton Flyers game sometime.

Buckeye hoop games need more spice ....it's bland Midwest chili. It could be better....

Last edited:
Holy Moly.... Cincinnata!

Yinz gotta visit here:

Also Christian Moerlein, Wunderbar in Covington and Y'all Cafe in Covington.

New Riff and The Party Source in Newport.
I'm arriving in Cincy for 11am will be done with work around 5pm. Then im hitting up Eli BBQ. Will head to hotel , wake up and driving back home minus my detour. I am looking forward to this little trip now that I have all these options in PACtion.

I'm arriving in Cincy for 11am will be done with work around 5pm. Then im hitting up Eli BBQ. Will head to hotel , wake up and driving back home minus my detour. I am looking forward to this little trip now that I have all these options in PACtion.
I used to travel all over the region....Cincy, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, the 330, Dayton, Chicago, Louisville, Lexington, and Columbus.....it was tiring but give me some Sirius satellite radio music, a good laptop , good hotel, and a rental car....LFG.

#Slaw Power

Last edited:
If you're driving....and from Western PA....I assume you are....get some good music ready.

71 South from Columbus to Cincinnati is sad....it needs 3 lanes....they're working on it but Columbus to Cleveland was a higher priority in Ohio due to sheer numbers and Ohio Legislative political power.

Kinda like Philly running PA, sadly.

US 30 should be 4-lanes to Western PA....but.... 😂

Findlay Market is a gem. All the baseball nerds love the Reds opening day celebration. It is a party with a parade and drinking on Fountain Square in the 35 degree weather of late March in Cincy. I know it too well.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh can not compare for opening day. But it's baseball.....the East Coast & Chicago sport....not America's past time like football and yelling about Congress.

Last edited:
Findlay Market is a gem. All the baseball nerds love the Reds opening day celebration. It is a party with a parade and drinking on Fountain Square in the 35 degree weather of late March in Cincy. I know it too well.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh can not compare for opening day. But it's baseball.....the East Coast & Chicago sport....not America's past time like football and yelling about Congress.
I don't know, I thought Cincy was a huge baseball town.

I don't know, I thought Cincy was a huge baseball town.
It mostly still is....I think you may have misread the Kotiteisms....if I had my way there would be the Raleigh Reds, Greensboro Guardians and Charlotte Pirates. 😲

Baseball is a New York, Boston, Philly, DMV, and Chicago sport as far as the majors go.

West of the Allegheny Mountains is football country.

MLB lost me decades ago. 😲

Reds opening day is a big party but those under 50 years old....largely aren't big fans of MLB and why should they be?

Bring up a good young player....in five years they're gone.

It mostly still is....I think you may have misread the Kotiteisms....if I had my way there would be the Raleigh Reds, Greensboro Guardians and Charlotte Pirates. 😲

Baseball is a New York, Boston, Philly, DMV, and Chicago sport as far as the majors go.

West of the Allegheny Mountains is football country.

MLB lost me decades ago. 😲

Reds opening day is a big party but those under 50 years old....largely aren't big fans of MLB and why should they be?

Bring up a good young player....in five years they're gone.
I get you. I'm a Pirate fan, I know that feeling very well. We are the Yankees and Red Sox farm team.

The best restaurant in Wooster is City Square, and it's not really that close. It's just a matter of whether you want to pay the price tag. Or just ask for the "bar menu" for more affordable options and still the best burgers in town. Otherwise, I like Muddy's for burgers and wings, or Mariola's right next door for Italian (it's probably my #2 behind City Square). The Leaf is my favorite for brunch.

@RedRider1 would know better than me, but in my 15 years working in Orrville, and even doing a "Tour de Orrville" where my coworkers and I ate at every restaurant in Orrville and the surrounding areas (Dalton, Smithville), I still think Que Pasa in Orrville is the best option. Jerry's had the best burgers, but the service sucked.

Michael's Bakery for the cream sticks, obviously.

Last edited:
The best restaurant in Wooster is City Square, and it's not really that close. It's just a matter of whether you want to pay the price tag. Or just ask for the "bar menu" for more affordable options and still the best burgers in town. Otherwise, I like Muddy's for burgers and wings, or Mariola's right next door for Italian (it's probably my #2 behind City Square). The Leaf is my favorite for brunch.

@RedRider1 would know better than me, but in my 15 years working in Orrville, and even doing a "Tour de Orrville" where my coworkers and I ate at every restaurant in Orrville and the surrounding areas (Dalton, Smithville), I still think Que Pasa in Orrville is the best option. Jerry's had the best burgers, but the service sucked.

Michael's Bakery for the cream sticks, obviously.
Unrelated to the food tangent …

Last call at The Pit tomorrow night. Soak it all in, @thePITman.

Good luck to the Titans.

Unrelated to the food tangent …

Last call at The Pit tomorrow night. Soak it all in, @thePITman.

Good luck to the Titans.
Don't forget the Olde Jaol in Wooster. There are two buildings that are different dinning experiences. One is the tavern side, the other is much fancier maybe not as fancy as City Squre, but probably don't roll in there with your jorts and wife beater. I have not been on the fancy side (dress code aside) just haven't made it in there, but heard it's very good, and I know the tavern side is good, go for the truffle fries with whatever you get. For those if you interested in a "Dive" experience, the Ugly Duck just outside of town has great bar food. Little rougher crowd, I believe it used to be a strip club (maybe after 11 it turns into one like the good old Skinamax days or scrambled Spice Channel) but pizza, wings etc are phenominal

I still think Que Pasa in Orrville is the best option. Jerry's had the best burgers, but the service sucked.
Couldn't agree more about Jerry's. Loved the food, was almost the perfect stop if you hit a game anywhere in the area. But the service got so bad we couldn't go back. Hopefully the new owners can turn the corner on that.

And Que Pasa is one of the best "Mexican in a former fast food building restaurants" around.

Don't forget the Olde Jaol in Wooster. There are two buildings that are different dinning experiences. One is the tavern side, the other is much fancier maybe not as fancy as City Squre, but probably don't roll in there with your jorts and wife beater. I have not been on the fancy side (dress code aside) just haven't made it in there, but heard it's very good, and I know the tavern side is good, go for the truffle fries with whatever you get. For those if you interested in a "Dive" experience, the Ugly Duck just outside of town has great bar food. Little rougher crowd, I believe it used to be a strip club (maybe after 11 it turns into one like the good old Skinamax days or scrambled Spice Channel) but pizza, wings etc are phenominal
Yes, the Ugly Duck used to be a strip club. I heard (probably 10 years ago) that they had decent food, but I've never eaten there. My go-to for the "bar" scene is Leroy's. (Can't believe I forgot about them!) They have my favorite wings in Wooster (better than Muddy's), and they have little pizzas that are perfect for one person. A family tradition of ours is the day we decorate our Christmas tree, we get pizza and wings for dinner and watch Home Alone. We used to get our pizza and wings from one of the main chains (Donato's, Papa John's), but once we started getting them from Leroy's, we're never going back.

The Olde Jaol (tavern) used to be a good option for our family, but over the years it's kind of turned into Jerry's 2.0... the food is good, but it either takes forever to get a seat, or the service is slow. More than once my wife and I have sat down, never got waited on, and left. And with their a la carte menu, it gets surprisingly expensive real fast.

This might be a hot take, but if we want your typical chain "Applebess" type food, we go to Beef O' Brady's. They're newer to Wooster, a block down from City Square. But they have really good daily specials, the prices are great, and we've enjoyed the food. And they have ALL the flavored lemonades, which my daughter and I love!

Oh, how could I forget?!? If you're on a budget and have an AARP card, go to Green Leaf (closer to the north end of Wooster). Okay, you're allowed to go there without the card, but everyone will stare at you. But the prices are great, and the food is basic but good.

Last edited: