Elder Enrollment Strategy

Trump is a lot better than Biden. That has been proven over the last 3 years, but then someone like you can't think for themselves and depend on traditional media to get your information.

Bevin tried to save the teacher's pension. The teachers were just too short sited to see it. Sort of like you.

Anyone (Beshear) who supports the murder of unborn babies is not a decent person.
Just stop, man. One will be convicted of multiple felonies, is a rapist, a conman and other unfortunate things. The other simply belongs to the other political party. Trump is an irredeemable person lower than dog sh-it and not even in the same zip code as conservative.

I do, however, realize, this isn't the place for this stuff so I won't P-boy/Trey you guys any further.

Trump is a lot better than Biden. That has been proven over the last 3 years, but then someone like you can't think for themselves and depend on traditional media to get your information.

Bevin tried to save the teacher's pension. The teachers were just too short sited to see it. Sort of like you.

Anyone (Beshear) who supports the murder of unborn babies is not a decent person.
I disagree on the Biden and Trump thing. They are both absolutely terrible. You talk about short sited but too many Trump supporters can't see how Trump created this record inflation.

Bevin most certainly did not try to save the teacher's pension.... he wanted to gut it completely instead of funding it. KY has used the Teacher's Pension as a slush fund. The pension itself in KY isn't the issue, it's the state legislature using the moneys for pet projects for decades.

On your last point, I agree 100%.

Back to the issues of Ed Choice, raising tuition, Beacons, and any other relevant topics to this thread.

Just stop, man. One will be convicted of multiple felonies, is a rapist, a conman and other unfortunate things. The other simply belongs to the other political party. Trump is an irredeemable person lower than dog sh-it and not even in the same zip code as conservative.

I do, however, realize, this isn't the place for this stuff so I won't P-boy/Trey you guys any further.
See you are too shallow to realize that Biden has been doing this to the country for over 50 years. Everything they accused Trump of Biden is doing.

Trump is not from perfect, but far better than Biden.

Don't forget you are the person that can't define what a Catholic is.

Back to the issues of Ed Choice, raising tuition, Beacons, and any other relevant topics to this thread.
Today, I chaperoned my son and two schoolmates at the CSW Mass downtown and it was packed. The AB noted that while we are the 36th biggest archdiocese in the country, our Catholic school system is the fifth-largest in the country. I thought at the time that EdChoice will help that while maybe we will also see more contraction within Beacons.

I did hear that LaSalle is offering full rides to all 8th graders at St. Ignatius in a desperate attempt to win back some of those kids from X and Elder.
They were very aggressive with St. Ignatius between tuition and admission to LSI....it worked. There will maybe be 5 kids from Ignatius going to Elder from this class.

They don’t have the money. Doubtful many of them are there for Sophomore year.

Yeah my thought was this is just a one year guarantee and then assume/hope the kids will just stay all four because they are already walking the halls even if the money goes away. There is no chance this is sustainable for 4 full years of 4 full classes of St Ignatius kids.

Last edited:
How on earth could they ever afford that over a 4 year period for every student? Unless of course other things like facilities will continue to suffer…?
Our of curiosity, why do you think facilities are suffering? There have been massive renovations each of the past several years. At open house this year, all the classrooms looked upgraded and all the desks were brand new. This summer, they're renovating the De La Salle Center with a new weight room and more.

They don’t have the money. Doubtful many of them are there for Sophomore year.
You guys really ought to stop with this. La Salle has been fine financially for the better part of the last decade since Luebbe was fired. Millions have been put back into the building in the past few years through alumni contributions. Why is this such thing for you all to continue to lie or repeat lies about? What is your source?

Yeah my thought was this is just a one year guarantee and then assume/hope the kids will just stay all four because they are already walking the halls even if the money goes away. There is no chance this is sustainable for 4 full years of 4 full classes of St Ignatius kids.
I don't think the strategy is going to continue this indefinitely but they need to get "butts in the seats". Get them into school, create a great experience for the young men and hopefully take this momentum into future years and continued enrollment increases. While offering scholarship $'s, this will be offset somewhat by Ed Choice, vouchers etc.

It wasn't so long ago that Seton was getting their rear-ends handed to them by Mercy. They changed leadership, got aggressive with "scholarships" early on, got the momentum while taking advantage of Mercy combining and DEI initiatives @ SUA and look where they are at.

If I am Elder, I wouldn't sleep on LaSalle. Their leadership and alumni base is highly motivated

If they could afford this they would have been doing it for years. The truth is LaSalle cannot afford another poor class in terms of enrollment. LS has had their *ss handed to them by Elder and X the last several years. They are pouring money into getting their historically biggest feeder back in their column. The hope is if they can report a large class they can say "We're Back." You can only come back if you've been gone.

Our of curiosity, why do you think facilities are suffering? There have been massive renovations each of the past several years. At open house this year, all the classrooms looked upgraded and all the desks were brand new. This summer, they're renovating the De La Salle Center with a new weight room and more.

You guys really ought to stop with this. La Salle has been fine financially for the better part of the last decade since Luebbe was fired. Millions have been put back into the building in the past few years through alumni contributions. Why is this such thing for you all to continue to lie or repeat lies about? What is your source?

My sources are solid.

My sources are solid.
Name your source then. Have some balls. Meanwhile, the alumni reports say otherwise. So basically, you're full of BS.

You guys do know that Elder can be awesome and in awesome shape without La Salle having to be in miserable shape. You don't have to have one to have the other. I was really happy to see a packed Cathedral yesterday with lots of kids in our schools. I hope they all fill up.

Not going to burn a few of my friend because you question the size of my testicles. I am sure that alumni report is full of the truth when in reality they just publish what they want you to know... like anything else its a marketing tool full of positive information.

Imagine the uproar if Elder offered all Visi kids free rides and Jude parents had to pay.
This Ed’s Choice swamp is growing faster than I perdicted 5 years ago. There was no uproar for years when StDominic kids went to Elder for 1/2 the price of Visitation/Jude kids?
Unfortunately most still haven’t educated themselves on this topic but are still super opinionated. Four or Five years ago most people were in shock and deniel when I posted the facts on how many kids were going to Elder on vouchers from each feeder school. Called me a liar, said I had no sources, etc. Then they shut the thread down? Drain the darn swamp and keep Elder private.

This Ed’s Choice swamp is growing faster than I perdicted 5 years ago. There was no uproar for years when StDominic kids went to Elder for 1/2 the price of Visitation/Jude kids?
Unfortunately most still haven’t educated themselves on this topic but are still super opinionated. Four or Five years ago most people were in shock and deniel when I posted the facts on how many kids were going to Elder on vouchers from each feeder school. Called me a liar, said I had no sources, etc. Then they shut the thread down? Drain the darn swamp and keep Elder private.
If Elder went away from Ed Choice completely, I don't think they'd have doors open for too long. And that's not picking on Elder, I think doors close on 95% of Parochial schools if they stopped taking Ed. Choice.

If Elder went away from Ed Choice completely, I don't think they'd have doors open for too long. And that's not picking on Elder, I think doors close on 95% of Parochial schools if they stopped taking Ed. Choice.
I would think more like 20%. I also don’t think Elder would suffer as much as most schools would and be better off long term, like decades from now.

Unfortunately most still haven’t educated themselves on this topic but are still super opinionated.

You have to admit it's confusing. The amount of the voucher changes every year. Who qualifies for it? It used to be income based only or you had to live in a failing school district and it was income based? You had to live in a failing school district only and it was a hard line of income based on size of family? Now, it is available to everyone regardless of where you live, correct, but the amount is tiered based on size of family and family income? The other confusing part, the old way did the family have to come up with the amount above the scholarship, or did the school have to cover it? Now, it seems it's just a scholarship and the family is on hook for the rest of the tuition. There would be 0 opinions about it if anyone truly understood all the ins and outs of this!

You have to admit it's confusing. The amount of the voucher changes every year. Who qualifies for it? It used to be income based only or you had to live in a failing school district and it was income based? You had to live in a failing school district only and it was a hard line of income based on size of family? Now, it is available to everyone regardless of where you live, correct, but the amount is tiered based on size of family and family income? The other confusing part, the old way did the family have to come up with the amount above the scholarship, or did the school have to cover it? Now, it seems it's just a scholarship and the family is on hook for the rest of the tuition. There would be 0 opinions about it if anyone truly understood all the ins and outs of this!
Old way, families still had to come up with the rest of the amount after the voucher.

I would think more like 20%. I also don’t think Elder would suffer as much as most schools would and be better off long term, like decades from now.
You think only 20% would close? Come on.... we have them closing now with Ed. Choice. The issue is, the schools are pricing themselves out of business. The only reason the schools agreed to take Ed Choice in the first place (years ago) is because they saw it was the only way to keep the doors open. Full tuition is simply not feasible for the average family.

Definitely a bit more confusing than five years ago because its growing so fast, kind of like tax codes do. Originally I believe it was on the families to foot the rest of the bill.