Elder Enrollment Strategy

220+ kids…..that’s a lot of daddies for Trey’s daddyball theory w/ this class…..class of 2028 has a good group of kids that are really smart & some decent athletes….we’ll see if any non traditional feeder kids come & they’ll be accepted w/ open arms

Just heard that Elder has 245 commits for the incoming class next year. Biggest since 2010!
I hope you are right, but unless Elder picked up 20+ new registrations since Friday, this seems high.

It certainly could be possible, but I was told by someone in admissions the 220's appears more likely.

Let's not forget the new EdChoice.

Our grade school had a significant number of Bridgetown Middle/Oakdale families at our open house. Probably will move the needle at least a little for everybody.
I originally thought so, but now I'm not so sure with these schools all jacking up tuition.

It's like getting a $20,000 scholarship to a small private college. Seems great on the surface, but the annual tuition is $50K so you're still making a significant personal investment.

I originally thought so, but now I'm not so sure with these schools all jacking up tuition.

It's like getting a $20,000 scholarship to a small private college. Seems great on the surface, but the annual tuition is $50K so you're still making a significant personal investment.
Do we know Elder is doing this? I sincerely doubt MM and LS would. At the grade school level, the schools wisely raised tuition to the max EdChoice award.

Do we know Elder is doing this? I sincerely doubt MM and LS would. At the grade school level, the schools wisely raised tuition to the max EdChoice award.
Elder tuition numbers scheduled to be released in March.

Is max ed-choice award different for high schools versus grade schools?

Our grade school had a significant number of Bridgetown Middle/Oakdale families at our open house. Probably will move the needle at least a little for everybody.

Very likely. I heard around 40 new kids are possible at Victory alone but they may cap their numbers and not take all…? No idea how these schools are going to handle that. I can’t imagine a school like Ignatius could take on many more.

Very likely. I heard around 40 new kids are possible at Victory alone but they may cap their numbers and not take all…? No idea how these schools are going to handle that. I can’t imagine a school like Ignatius could take on many more.
Yeah, they'll definitely cap and be selective.

The number one factor without a doubt. The swamp might be over 300 million this year in Ohio, 40 or 50 million in the GCL and feeders per year. I will predict within 5 years if the rules don’t change they will be forced to be non-selective(public) and will have to open the books to see what God’s cut is. Along with 50 other new rules and restrictions.

The number one factor without a doubt. The swamp might be over 300 million this year in Ohio, 40 or 50 million in the GCL and feeders per year. I will predict within 5 years if the rules don’t change they will be forced to be non-selective(public) and will have to open the books to see what God’s cut is. Along with 50 other new rules and restrictions.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The AoC does not assess any "taxes" against tuition payments at all - the assessment is only applicable to weekly/annual giving, bequests, festivals not ran by athletics , fund raising events (unless it is large $'s and that is negotiated), etc.

Ed Choice gives the parish's the opportunity for the west side schools to "stand alone" from the church as currently, the budgets are commingled when setting the annual school tuition.

Talk about the timing of Ed Choice, played right into the AoC's hands with the Beacons of Light to give them an opportunity to grow the school enrollment and an easier path to separate out church vs school finances.