2024 Massillon Tigers

How many years have you been asking for that now?

He's not wrong though. Our offensive output in title games drops off a cliff. Hoban is a tough matchup for any offense but we have to find something that works better than it has. But for the grace of God and THE best defense in my life... I don't even want to think it.

The skill we have coming back at both wr and rb could/should be pretty special, but it is going to have to be special vs. Hoban and it hasn't been.

That’s kinda what I was thinking. Pringle and Fair were obviously two of the best linebackers ever to wear the orange and black. I think if anyone’s going to try to fill that void it’s Hack.

It’s great to have options. I’m excited to see Lemon take the next step, I think he could be special.
You could be right, and I love Hack, but he's pretty Injury prone (in fairness to him he usually plays through it) I think he spent half the year limping around the field. I'm sure he could pull it off and be successful (again, if he stays healthy) but do we really want him in the box EVERY SINGLE PLAY? There's a lot of big boys banging in there.

You could be right, and I love Hack, but he's pretty Injury prone (in fairness to him he usually plays through it) I think he spent half the year limping around the field. I'm sure he could pull it off and be successful (again, if he stays healthy) but do we really want him in the box EVERY SINGLE PLAY? There's a lot of big boys banging in there.
Rather have my 6’2 210+ kid in the box than trying to run sideline to sideline with receivers

Also, my suggestion is that he plays outside backer so he wouldn’t exactly be taking on pulling guards

He's not wrong though. Our offensive output in title games drops off a cliff. Hoban is a tough matchup for any offense but we have to find something that works better than it has. But for the grace of God and THE best defense in my life... I don't even want to think it.

The skill we have coming back at both wr and rb could/should be pretty special, but it is going to have to be special vs. Hoban and it hasn't been.
I always get pushback during the season when I comment on needing to throw more during these games that we know we’re gonna win but I really think the pass game needs to be developed throughout the season rather than a 2:1 run/pass and even more so in bigger games.

It’s the same story guys.
We get out played at the LOS.
Im not talking trash about it or them. It just is what it is.
In these games, those particular games, we do not match up well in that aspect of the game. I don’t care how creative the play calling or how many RBs we have. The running QB is/was the X factor.
It’s pretty crazy we go 16-0 and we are still criticizing lol
You lose as a team -we win as a team. Just as certain people step and become a game changer -so do the units.
Our Oline manhandled everybody but Ed’s and Hoban and it showed on the scoreboard.

Last edited:
In 2023 we won the Championship ! As fans we can celebrate this win for months and years etc.
For the coaches it’s back to work and looking for ways to improve because there always will be. For the kids it’s back to the weight room and the indoor because there is a lot of open positions to be had. The bar has been set by the 23’ team can the 24’ team reach that bar ?
I think we can all agree that was the best Tiger D we have all seen in our lifetime so odds are it definitely won’t be the same next season. Of course we won the Hoban game with our D and yes a little bit of luck but in most cases you need some luck here or there to win a big game. The Hoban D was by far and away the best we saw this season and clearly if we were the best in the State that was the 2nd best. I agree we have to play better in big games if we want to continue winning them, we did enough in the big games this season to do that and it’s hard to debate
16-0 and a 🏆.
The 24’ team will have possibly the most talented and deepest group of WR’s that we have ever had along with a QB that has started or been the backup for 3 years already. In the backfield we have 3 guys back that combined for more then 1600 yds rushing and 6 yds a carry this season. The OL will have 3 guys back that started or played a lot, Lewis and Davenport should dominate next season with the size they have and another year in the weight room. As for the D there are only 3 starters back but a bunch of kids back that saw the field this season. But there is a ton of talent coming up and again the bar has been set, agree with JLP when he said Big Mike will be the leader of the D and everyone needs to follow his no plays off.
There is no reason we can’t go back to back as long as we improve each week and don’t rest on “oh we already won the 🏆”, which there is no way in hell Moore will let any of those thoughts creep in.

In 2023 we won the Championship ! As fans we can celebrate this win for months and years etc.
For the coaches it’s back to work and looking for ways to improve because there always will be. For the kids it’s back to the weight room and the indoor because there is a lot of open positions to be had. The bar has been set by the 23’ team can the 24’ team reach that bar ?
I think we can all agree that was the best Tiger D we have all seen in our lifetime so odds are it definitely won’t be the same next season. Of course we won the Hoban game with our D and yes a little bit of luck but in most cases you need some luck here or there to win a big game. The Hoban D was by far and away the best we saw this season and clearly if we were the best in the State that was the 2nd best. I agree we have to play better in big games if we want to continue winning them, we did enough in the big games this season to do that and it’s hard to debate
16-0 and a 🏆.
The 24’ team will have possibly the most talented and deepest group of WR’s that we have ever had along with a QB that has started or been the backup for 3 years already. In the backfield we have 3 guys back that combined for more then 1600 yds rushing and 6 yds a carry this season. The OL will have 3 guys back that started or played a lot, Lewis and Davenport should dominate next season with the size they have and another year in the weight room. As for the D there are only 3 starters back but a bunch of kids back that saw the field this season. But there is a ton of talent coming up and again the bar has been set, agree with JLP when he said Big Mike will be the leader of the D and everyone needs to follow his no plays off.
There is no reason we can’t go back to back as long as we improve each week and don’t rest on “oh we already won the 🏆”, which there is no way in hell Moore will let any of those thoughts creep in.
Most likely the same teams at the end Massillon, Hoban, Avon and If they move Toledo Central Catholic back to d2. Not sure about the Cincinnati teams. Some years they have been there Winton Woods, LaSalle but other years haven't been there with Massillon, Hoban,Avon and TCC.

It’s the same story guys.
We get out played at the LOS.
Im not talking trash about it or them. It just is what it is.
In these games, those particular games, we do not match up well in that aspect of the game. I don’t care how creative the play calling or how many RBs we have. The running QB is/was the X factor.
It’s pretty crazy we go 16-0 and we are still criticizing lol
You lose as a team -we win as a team. Just as certain people step and become a game changer -so do the units.
Our Oline manhandled everybody but Ed’s and Hoban and it showed on the scoreboard.
Yeah it definitely showed on the scoreboard considering we went 16-0 lol. I do think our OL needs to improve a little bit but I think you guys are overthinking it a tad IMO. Look at the two schools that you named St Ed's and Hoban no disrespect to them in any way but they recruit the best of the best not giving our offensive line any excuses but they literally are handpicked mini college defensive lines that they are going against and I just don't think it's a great matchup for us but we get the job done I'm never expecting our offensive line to go out there and manhandle power five kids all over the board. However I do expect this to be able to have some success and we had success on Ed's I honestly think it comes down to hoban's defensive scheme. I can't really complain being ranked in top 10 in the nation

Yeah it definitely showed on the scoreboard considering we went 16-0 lol. I do think our OL needs to improve a little bit but I think you guys are overthinking it a tad IMO. Look at the two schools that you named St Ed's and Hoban no disrespect to them in any way but they recruit the best of the best not giving our offensive line any excuses but they literally are handpicked mini college defensive lines that they are going against and I just don't think it's a great matchup for us but we get the job done I'm never expecting our offensive line to go out there and manhandle power five kids all over the board. However I do expect this to be able to have some success and we had success on Ed's I honestly think it comes down to hoban's defensive scheme. I can't really complain being ranked in top 10 in the nation
That’s exactly what I was saying. Im not complaining at all. I was just saying a change in offensive scheme won’t help against your mini college Dline.
We have some decent anchors we will see how that pans out in 2024.

I just LUUUUV the optimism folks show in the various states, because of returning starters, or NOT. In Georgia, NOTHING is a given, EVER! If we had voted on a state champion, like you boys did for ten decades. We would have had MANY, MANY unworthy champions. RARELY, does the presumptive state champion, especially in 7A, win the title. THIS season, none but 3A Cedar Grove, held up their potential. And THEY lost FIVE games in regular season, to badass upper tier schools from three states. In fact, the GHSA had TWO State Champions who had never won EVER! And one of THOSE, had Tyreek Hill in their backfield/WR, for four seasons.

Just in 7A alone. we had FIVE teams ranked in the national top twenty five at one time or other. And only 16th ranked Walton made the semis, let alone the finals. And Walton lost to Milton, 31-21 last night. Buford, with twenty five projected nationally ranked players in three classes. Lost in round three of five to Grayson, 19-14, for their second loss of the season. LAST season, #2 nationally ranked Buford was beaten by this same Walton team at home, in round two. And two loss Milton was lucky to make it out of round three, after pulling one out of their butt against national #12 ranked Colquitt, 39-37, with Colquitt's Neko fan, throwing for 322 yds against a Milton secondary with three Power Five signees. OH WELL, such is life. Life is a beeeooootch, and THEN you DIE!
What is your obsession with us? 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 scram

I’m looking at it as wanting as many dudes on defense as possible. Gamble filled in early in the season at safety and it was seamless. He has speed to cover sideline to sideline and ball skills.

Lenix, Mitchell, and Owens is a very nice backfield by themselves and Jameir can still get touches.
Jameir honestly should be our featured back in my honest opinion I think having him on offense benefits us more. I think he's the most explosive back that we have to be able to take it the distance at any given time I think having that home run through an offense makes us more dangerous.

Jameir honestly should be our featured back in my honest opinion I think having him on offense benefits us more. I think he's the most explosive back that we have to be able to take it the distance at any given time I think having that home run through an offense makes us more dangerous.
Since you being honest : let’s keep it real : Honestly : why wasn’t he the feature rb from the start? What happend to that explosiveness in the ship ? Our offense is explosive , dangerous and whatever else you call it no matter who runs the rock . Before Mitchell’s ankle injury he averaged 7.5 yards per carry . Is that not explosive ? O my bad the teams were sorry according to 😏
And if you really being honest : he’s not a in between the tackles runner. It showed in the ship even though the blocking was scketchy . Jus saying ! I see the same rotation from the beginning of the season . Everyone knows 28 is the favorite and feature back next season : regardless !!

P.s all that speed and explosiveness netted 9 yards on 6 carries . jus saying !! And no knock on J( that’s my guy along with his pops ) we already talked about the ship : it was : what it was !!

Last edited:
I think we have three absolute stud senior RB’s next year. I think Gamble is the most elusive and I’d like to see him get the ball in creative ways. Lennix was never fully healthy and really flashed with some game breaking runs. I think he might be the best of the three. Personally I always favor the backs similar to Mitchell. He was really proving the more carry’s the better before he went don’t last year. He really seemed to be taking over. I think both 32 and 28 could be Mr. Football candidates if given Hartson’s work load. It’s going to be interesting to see where everyone ends up next year. Could Wells and Mitchell play linebacker or Defensive End? Gamble can obviously play safety.

I’d love to see us get back to a pound the rock and take deep shots offense next year. Who am I to argue with a state title but that’s just the type of offense I prefer.

I think we have three absolute stud senior RB’s next year. I think Gamble is the most elusive and I’d like to see him get the ball in creative ways. Lennix was never fully healthy and really flashed with some game breaking runs. I think he might be the best of the three. Personally I always favor the backs similar to Mitchell. He was really proving the more carry’s the better before he went don’t last year. He really seemed to be taking over. I think both 32 and 28 could be Mr. Football candidates if given Hartson’s work load. It’s going to be interesting to see where everyone ends up next year. Could Wells and Mitchell play linebacker or Defensive End? Gamble can obviously play safety.

I’d love to see us get back to a pound the rock and take deep shots offense next year. Who am I to argue with a state title but that’s just the type of offense I prefer.
I agree with your first paragraph. 3 good senior RBs and a Soph with talent as well. They all can’t get the ball at the same time so that’s why I say who can help us elsewhere while also getting some time at RB. Gamble can obviously play safety and a pretty high level, Mitchell has the frame and skills to be a LB if he wants, Lenix is a bit short and light to play inside backer but could play outside.

Gamble’s feel for the RB position improved as the season went on and if he puts on some more weight he could be better between the tackles I assume but the other two look like more natural RBs.

either way it’s a good problem to have as it’s a long season and if somebody gets dinged they will be able to rest and not play through injury.

All I know is there is going to be a heckuva competition and I am rooting for all 3. And all 3 will become better for it. Ditto 5-6 wr's. We are blessed to have crazy depth at both positions I just hope everyone keeps a good attitude because kids want to play (understandably) and our backups at either position would be FEATURED at any other school in the area.

We have athletes in the secondary also. Both lines is where depth is an issue. Where private schools always ALWAYS have the size/depth advantage. Keeping Bond, Wright, Card healthy all year was huge.

Since you being honest : let’s keep it real : Honestly : why wasn’t he the feature rb from the start? What happend to that explosiveness in the ship ? Our offense is explosive , dangerous and whatever else you call it no matter who runs the rock . Before Mitchell’s ankle injury he averaged 7.5 yards per carry . Is that not explosive ? O my bad the teams were sorry according to 😏
And if you really being honest : he’s not a in between the tackles runner. It showed in the ship even though the blocking was scketchy . Jus saying ! I see the same rotation from the beginning of the season . Everyone knows 28 is the favorite and feature back next season : regardless !!

P.s all that speed and explosiveness netted 9 yards on 6 carries . jus saying !! And no knock on J( that’s my guy along with his pops ) we already talked about the ship : it was : what it was !!
Nobody other than Ed's had a defense like Hoban that's being real honest. You cannot use the state championship game as an example and you cannot say that the blocking was sketchy because obviously I understand 32 is your son but he wouldn't have average 7.5 yards per carry with a sketchy offense line. You can't take everything personal bro that's my opinion and it showed that Gamble was the more explosive back he's the home run hitter and that's facts. I'm just stating my opinion like everybody else I feel like we need him on offense to be able to have that type of speed back because when we have Freddy at running back that was a dangerous offense because he can literally take it the distance at any moment and Massillon is really good at mixing in different running backs

Nobody other than Ed's had a defense like Hoban that's being real honest. You cannot use the state championship game as an example and you cannot say that the blocking was sketchy because obviously I understand 32 is your son but he wouldn't have average 7.5 yards per carry with a sketchy offense line. You can't take everything personal bro that's my opinion and it showed that Gamble was the more explosive back he's the home run hitter and that's facts. I'm just stating my opinion like everybody else I feel like we need him on offense to be able to have that type of speed back because when we have Freddy at running back that was a dangerous offense because he can literally take it the distance at any moment and Massillon is really good at mixing in different running backs
Who is #32 for Massillon?