DI Springfield vs St Edward Updates (12/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered what Yappi would do if someone commented on one of the MASS1LON threads? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.
After over 50 years, they finally got a ring and are now the know it all chest thumpers once again. 🙊🙉🙈
For goodness sakes act like you’ve been there before. Oh wait, they haven’t. 🤣🤣🤣
Not sure why they deem it necessary to post on this thread. Just trolls that have nothing better to do I guess.
🤡

You'd know all about that. How many times was Massillon eliminated in the state championship or stats semifinal game?
6 times I believe but it's the principal I'm not sitting in your calling Massillon a dynasty with 3 straight loses to the same team. I understand that beating St Ed's is tough af but you have to figure it out you have to beat them in order to win a championship there's no way around it.

They still haven't won one in D1...
Doesn't matter you can't move the goalposts now. Every year on this site oh Massillon the paper champions can't win the big one . Finally wins the big one " oh but it wasn't D1 regardless of what your 🤡 says Massillon has beat Ed's twice something Springfield has yet to do. Sad part is Springfield wouldn't win D2

Doesn't matter you can't move the goalposts now. Every year on this site oh Massillon the paper champions can't win the big one . Finally wins the big one " oh but it wasn't D1 regardless of what your 🤡 says Massillon has beat Ed's twice something Springfield has yet to do. Sad part is Springfield wouldn't win D2
The last couple of years, D-2 has been better than D-1.

To me, a dynasty is success year in and year out. It's not necessary to win the state championship. But 5 straight regional championships and 3 straight appearances in the title game in Canton is enough to be a dynasty. Colerain was considered a dynasty for years although they only won the state championship once. Lima and Fairfield won the state championship once as well but neither were ever considered dynasties. But don't worry, SHS will break through, hopefully next year. They return Upshaw as qb, the O-line and a number of players who made significant contributions this year. Plus, the playoffs experience the past 5 years has created high expectations and standards. Coach Douglass he would win the state title. And I believe him. St Edward was state runner-up 3 times before they broke through.
I disagree. A dynasty is winning multiple state titles say 4 out of 5 years. 7 out of 10 years. Not 1 championship or several regional championships. In baseball the Yankees were a dynasty for many years. Not the Atlanta Braves who have 2 world series wins in 28 years.

Mentor, Medina, St. Ignatius and Cleveland Heights are going to have strong enough teams to knock Ed’s out in the regional finals in the upcoming years.

Don’t assume Ed’s as a repeat title contender every year.

All of those teams, except Cleveland Heights have knocked them out and CH has played them tough in the past.

Ed’s will come down a bit compared to these last three years.
Mentor, Medina, and St. Ignatius, not sure about that but Stephens is building something at Heights. I’m clearly biased but I’m calling my shot, Heights will meet Springfield in Canton next December. Getting past St. Edward will be TOUGH as you guys are the gold standard.

6 times I believe but it's the principal I'm not sitting in your calling Massillon a dynasty with 3 straight loses to the same team. I understand that beating St Ed's is tough af but you have to figure it out you have to beat them in order to win a championship there's no way around it.
SHS also has 3 straight wins over Moeller too, which is something you and St Eds can't say ...

You still can't and haven't won the big one which is the D1 state crown. I'm sure lots of D1 programs could win State if they dropped divisions. But that's so tacky ...

I disagree. A dynasty is winning multiple state titles say 4 out of 5 years. 7 out of 10 years. Not 1 championship or several regional championships. In baseball the Yankees were a dynasty for many years. Not the Atlanta Braves who have 2 world series wins in 28 years.
No, a dynasty can also be based on regional championships or league championships. For example, Centerville football was a huge dynasty from the mid 1970s thru the late '90s. But they've never won State. They've only been to the state title game once and regional champs twice. But they're still considered a big dynasty because year in and year out they were the team to beat in the league and area. So a dynasty can exist in different ways so long as there is consistency.

Mentor, Medina, and St. Ignatius, not sure about that but Stephens is building something at Heights. I’m clearly biased but I’m calling my shot, Heights will meet Springfield in Canton next December. Getting past St. Edward will be TOUGH as you guys are the gold standard.
Wow! I like the sound of this...

No, a dynasty can also be based on regional championships or league championships. For example, Centerville football was a huge dynasty from the mid 1970s thru the late '90s. But they've never won State. They've only been to the state title game once and regional champs twice. But they're still considered a big dynasty because year in and year out they were the team to beat in the league and area. So a dynasty can exist in different ways so long as there is consistency.
I guess that is true but there have been many teams in different sports who have won a string of division, regional ,conference etc championships and I have never heard them called a dynasty. Atlanta Braves 10 straight national league east titles in the 90's ,Buffalo Bills 5 straight American conference championships, Cleveland Indians 5 straight division championships etc.

Why don't you ask everyone in the GWOC, R2 and Moeller that question
Springfield wouldn't make it out of R4 if they played in it. They wouldn't get the flags they always get to advance the ball like they did when they played Moeller. They could not not play good teams week after week.

As of now Springfield only needs to get lucky once against a R4 team now since they only play them once in the semis.

The past 3 years show that Springfield can not play back to back good teams without losing. The refs can only help Springfield in Piqua once.

I wondered what Yappi would do if someone commented on one of the MASS1LON threads? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.
After over 50 years, they finally got a ring and are now the know it all chest thumpers once again. 🙊🙉🙈
For goodness sakes act like you’ve been there before. Oh wait, they haven’t. 🤣🤣🤣
Not sure why they deem it necessary to post on this thread. Just trolls that have nothing better to do I guess.
#1 This is rich coming from you.
#2 We never stopped chest thumping so....the use of the word again is unnecessary there sweetie.
#3 You're right, we haven't been here before, but you (SpringfieLLLd) haven't either and most likely will NEVER be there.

SpringfieLLLd.

They have zero competition when the playoffs start in D7. There is no argument for a 7th division.
They have over 100 football-playing schools in their division just like the rest (except D1). MSML has no inherent advantage over any of them. They're just simply PFP the best football program in the state. THAT'S why they're so hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.