JJHuddle Alumni!

I’m a bit biased but “Buckeye Bill” was the best. He tried hard to put faces to screen names and putting people together. He was one of JJ’s first members. He helped grow the huddle. JJ told us how and why he created the huddle. He said he hated waiting until Saturday and Sunday for statewide scores were published in the morning paper . Essentially his main motivation in starting the huddle was to be able to come home from watching his beloved Bishop Ready and getting scores from all across Ohio. JJ is a good man and was a good friend to Dad. Buckeye Bill always posted with class and refused to be negative toward anyone. He defended his school and his friends fiercely.

I was the rare bird that never got booted from JJ Huddle. They were fine, but toward the end it was a D I ghost town.
Gong GIF by Laboratoria

I was the same username over there. I remember whenever someone asked a question about a kid, it would get deleted and you would get a nasty gram. I once asked if a kid was tall enough to play DE in the Big Ten and almost got banned for ruining his chances at a D1 scholarship. I guess the college coaches read the pages to find out who they should recruit...

Reactions: WOT
There was a poster named INTEGRITY. I'm pretty sure he was from Galion. One time he posted his story about going to a high school graduation party and spending the whole night talking with people while using CB lingo as though he were a truck driver from the 70's. Had me howling.

I’m a bit biased but “Buckeye Bill” was the best. He tried hard to put faces to screen names and putting people together. He was one of JJ’s first members. He helped grow the huddle. JJ told us how and why he created the huddle. He said he hated waiting until Saturday and Sunday for statewide scores were published in the morning paper . Essentially his main motivation in starting the huddle was to be able to come home from watching his beloved Bishop Ready and getting scores from all across Ohio. JJ is a good man and was a good friend to Dad. Buckeye Bill always posted with class and refused to be negative toward anyone. He defended his school and his friends fiercely.
I met Buckeye Bill....I believe it was in the Kroger parking lot the first year Massillon played down there after the renewal. Very nice and gracious man.

I met Buckeye Bill....I believe it was in the Kroger parking lot the first year Massillon played down there after the renewal. Very nice and gracious man.
Thank you JLP, I can tell you this, he admired the hell out the Tiger program. For him they were the measuring stick for what it took to be champions. Even though the Tigers ruined 3 state titles for us, even when we were favorites he always respected Massillon. He made quite a few friends from Massillon via JJ Huddle. The only screen name I can remember is CATS44. Dad organized several gatherings at the shelter house by the stadium during championship weekend. He actually worked with someone in the MCS’s administration to get the power turned on at the shelter house. They treated him great and it only increased his respect.

Those get togethers at Massillon were classic. Many of us had shut down the BW3 the night before and were in no mood to get up early and climb that hill to the shelter house. But we all did because no one wanted to disappoint Buckeye Bill.

If you were able to get up early, the fun was watching the other hung over guys trying to climb that hill. Many years I was afraid Big Zip was not going to make it.

bojmir was the best JJ Huddle name ever.

I'm going to ignore that one. :) I think the best that I remember was FE2000lbs, who was a guy from, where else, Ironton.

Anyone remember 8ball ? What a douche

I remember a 3Ball.

The 1st time I had any conversations with Bill on the Huddle his username was Buckeye Bill from Steubenville. Somebody posted a thread asking for the best players in Ohio HS football history at each position. When it came to PKs Bill posted that when Lou Groza was in HS at Martins Ferry Bill saw Mr. Groza kicked the ball through the uprights on KOs.

Of course being a wiseass I said something like you saw Groza play when he was in high school? How old are you, about 112? Naturally from there it just got worse with other posters joining in. Bill would just always respond with "Poor old Bill" :)

I first met him at the Poland-Big Red D3 regional final at Fitch in 1999 when I just happened to sit in the same row he was sitting in with Hank Gourley. Hank introduced us. Sadly Hank passed away in October. I figure he's up there with Bill watching games together like they did then. Both very good men.

I still miss breaking Bill's stones on these forums. :)

Mathews99 on JJHuddle, and Mathews99 here, hopped on Yappi way before JJHuddle become the Titanic and sunk....

I'm going to ignore that one. :) I think the best that I remember was FE2000lbs, who was a guy from, where else, Ironton.

I remember a 3Ball.

The 1st time I had any conversations with Bill on the Huddle his username was Buckeye Bill from Steubenville. Somebody posted a thread asking for the best players in Ohio HS football history at each position. When it came to PKs Bill posted that when Lou Groza was in HS at Martins Ferry Bill saw Mr. Groza kicked the ball through the uprights on KOs.

Of course being a wiseass I said something like you saw Groza play when he was in high school? How old are you, about 112? Naturally from there it just got worse with other posters joining in. Bill would just always respond with "Poor old Bill" :)

I first met him at the Poland-Big Red D3 regional final at Fitch in 1999 when I just happened to sit in the same row he was sitting in with Hank Gourley. Hank introduced us. Sadly Hank passed away in October. I figure he's up there with Bill watching games together like they did then. Both very good men.

I still miss breaking Bill's stones on these forums. :)
I did not know Hank passed. I should have figured since he always called right before playoff time. He was a fine man. Loved talking Mahoning valley football with him. He dad knew each other when he called on Weirton Steel back in the late 60’s and stayed in touch even after dad retired. Was Hank’s passing unexpected? He seemed fine when I last talked with him a year or so ago.

I did not know Hank passed. I should have figured since he always called right before playoff time. He was a fine man. Loved talking Mahoning valley football with him. He dad knew each other when he called on Weirton Steel back in the late 60’s and stayed in touch even after dad retired. Was Hank’s passing unexpected? He seemed fine when I last talked with him a year or so ago.

He was good the last time I saw him also but it had been a while. Then I saw his obit in late October. It said he worked until his illness would no longer allow him to do so but it didn't say what the illness was. May he rest in peace.

Thank you JLP, I can tell you this, he admired the hell out the Tiger program. For him they were the measuring stick for what it took to be champions. Even though the Tigers ruined 3 state titles for us, even when we were favorites he always respected Massillon. He made quite a few friends from Massillon via JJ Huddle. The only screen name I can remember is CATS44. Dad organized several gatherings at the shelter house by the stadium during championship weekend. He actually worked with someone in the MCS’s administration to get the power turned on at the shelter house. They treated him great and it only increased his respect.
Cats44 is still around Massillon. Ran into him this past summer when I was up home. Saw a picture that he was in the Alibi Saturday night. Missed him by one day. I had to head to Cleveland for an early Sunday flight. Cats44 is a very long-time Tiger and extremely knowledgeable. We couldn't talk politics though. Old b**tard's a little too liberal for me. LOL.

Cats44 is still around Massillon. Ran into him this past summer when I was up home. Saw a picture that he was in the Alibi Saturday night. Missed him by one day. I had to head to Cleveland for an early Sunday flight. Cats44 is a very long-time Tiger and extremely knowledgeable. We couldn't talk politics though. Old b**tard's a little too liberal for me. LOL.
My Dad and Cats had some serious football discussions. I knew he and I had that liberal lean in common. Although it wouldn’t matter if he was one of you MAGA nuts…… he was good to me and my Dad. Politics be damned.

My Dad and Cats had some serious football discussions. I knew he and I had that liberal lean in common. Although it wouldn’t matter if he was one of you MAGA nuts…… he was good to me and my Dad. Politics be damned.
You‘re the one that’s nuts. Go to the debate form.

You‘re the one that’s nuts. Go to the debate form.
Maybe I am. Maybe I’m not. If seeing what kind of man Donald Trump is makes me nuts, then I’m nuts. One thing I’m not is a sheep. In fact, I’d vote for an alternative moderate GOP candidate. I just can’t bring myself to vote for a sexual predator, or someone who calls men like John McCain a loser while he stayed home with little bone spurs as McCain suffered years of torture for this country. And your hero calls him a loser. He also stood on sacred ground at Normandy and said “Americans who died at war are suckers and losers”. How could any decent American support this guy. Baffling.

The 1st time I had any conversations with Bill on the Huddle his username was Buckeye Bill from Steubenville.
Mine was arguing with him in 2001 about whether Big Red ducked Dover after we beat them in 98 and they cancelled the contract for 99, and they would have been at home!

Maybe I am. Maybe I’m not. If seeing what kind of man Donald Trump is makes me nuts, then I’m nuts. One thing I’m not is a sheep. In fact, I’d vote for an alternative moderate GOP candidate. I just can’t bring myself to vote for a sexual predator, or someone who calls men like John McCain a loser while he stayed home with little bone spurs as McCain suffered years of torture for this country. And your hero calls him a loser. He also stood on sacred ground at Normandy and said “Americans who died at war are suckers and losers”. How could any decent American support this guy. Baffling.
Who said I supported Trump? You’re unhinged. Take this BS elsewhere.