Votes: 54 32.5%
  • Anderson by 1-8

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Anderson by 9-16

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Anderson by 17+

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
Anderson just rolled a very, very good Withrow team. This game will be more competitive than Avon v Hoban

They were clicking on all cylinders that night that's for sure. If you look at Withrow's schedule they had a pretty stout defense. Not no more. Should be a great game.

Massillon is definitely the better football team. But as you know, like most sports, it's about matchups. We know Massillon's front 7 and how they can stop the run. They've never been tested yet with a team who runs a passing offense like this. And that's not to say Massillon can't defend it... they very well may be able to and all this talk is moot. But it's still an unknown at this point. And that's how upsets CAN happen. Not that it will.
I agree with everything you're saying bro you're definitely not saying anything wrong because upsets can happen but I will say we definitely have been tested with a team that runs a fast-paced offense because that came from Delaware had a lot of guys that was D1 recruits with a excellent quarterback. I just feel like everybody is making it seem like the pressure is on us like we're not good and their offense is just the best thing ever and it's unstoppable it's definitely going to be a chess match and I have a lot of respect for Anderson as a program because honestly I would have rather played Withrow because I felt they was the lesser of the 2.

What did WW do on defense that allowed them to hold down the Anderson offense?
WW defense was loaded with crazy talent.
WW has one of the top DC’s in the state who had them prepared.
WW TACKLES IN THE OPEN FIELD.

WW also has played Anderson since the school existed lol so they know the drill.
They don’t freak out when Anderson starts clicking.
Some teams just can’t handle the onslaught which is part of Anderson’s overall approach.

As a WW guy who has lived in NEO long time and watched each of these teams on video this year I will say Massillon has better position by position physical talent by a little bit.
Anderson’s offense is coached and executed so well though it is a true X factor.

Each team has a fair shot to win this one.

I agree with everything you're saying bro you're definitely not saying anything wrong because upsets can happen but I will say we definitely have been tested with a team that runs a fast-paced offense because that came from Delaware had a lot of guys that was D1 recruits with a excellent quarterback. I just feel like everybody is making it seem like the pressure is on us like we're not good and their offense is just the best thing ever and it's unstoppable it's definitely going to be a chess match and I have a lot of respect for Anderson as a program because honestly I would have rather played Withrow because I felt they was the lesser of the 2.
Yeah I'm not saying that at all. There's two lines of logic here. You beat Massillon thru the air b/c they'll stuff your run. Anderson has that potential. You beat Massillon by stuffing their run. Hoban has a great defense and great team speed. They have that potential. Hoban's offense isn't anything Massillon has to worry about. Anderson's defense isn't anything Massillon has to worry about. Yet the next two weeks are gonna be tests for those reasons.. though I think Massillon is the favorite, even against Hoban.

I expect a lot of points to be scored in this game. As has been mentioned a lot in this thread, it'll be up to Massillon Washington to control the tempo and the pace of the game. Anderson can generate some offense, and generate it quickly. The key is to slow them down enough, make them drive the football. Good red zone defense is also key. I think MW is the favorite and by 7-14. I'll go with:

Massillon Washington 49
Anderson 28

I expect a lot of points to be scored in this game. As has been mentioned a lot in this thread, it'll be up to Massillon Washington to control the tempo and the pace of the game. Anderson can generate some offense, and generate it quickly. The key is to slow them down enough, make them drive the football. Good red zone defense is also key. I think MW is the favorite and by 7-14. I'll go with:

Massillon Washington 49
Anderson 28
This is a very logical assessment and prediction

I think if its a high scoring game, Anderson wins it. Massillon's approach on offense doesn't want a high scoring game. I see it 28-14 tigers. Not that Massillon can't score a ton.. it just isn't how they want to approach this game.

I think if its a high scoring game, Anderson wins it. Massillon's approach on offense doesn't want a high scoring game. I see it 28-14 tigers. Not that Massillon can't score a ton.. it just isn't how they want to approach this game.
I’d think the only way this turns into a really high scoring game is if Massillon happens to hit on some really long plays. Otherwise I think they will stick with their standard pace of play and be content with running the ball and the clock.

I’d think the only way this turns into a really high scoring game is if Massillon happens to hit on some really long plays. Otherwise I think they will stick with their standard pace of play and be content with running the ball and the clock.
Yeah I couldn't imagine them approaching it any differently. Things change of course thru injuries and what not.. but if Massillon can pick up 4-5 a carry any wipe 8-10 minutes off a clock and punch it in from a yard out.. they'll do it for 4 qt's.

I actually expect Massillon to simply bust a lot of big runs. Anderson's defense will give up big plays, big points. Controlling the pace and tempo may be difficult because of the fact Massillon will simply break off big runs. I wonder if they'll use more of the play clock, a slower pace in that manner. But if kids break off 70+ yard runs, it is what it is.

I should add that tackling in space is key to making Anderson drive the football. You want to limit quick strikes. Make them run more plays, slow down their rhythm, etc.
You are on to something here. In Anderson's 1 loss this year, they ran 110 plays.

That is not a typo.

But Anderson turned the ball over twice, it could have been a different outcome if they take care of the ball.

Massillon must force turnovers.

I will add one thing... If Massillon turns the ball over again like they did vs Green last week, the season is over. This isn't Green. Anderson will make you pay for it..

I actually expect Massillon to simply bust a lot of big runs. Anderson's defense will give up big plays, big points. Controlling the pace and tempo may be difficult because of the fact Massillon will simply break off big runs. I wonder if they'll use more of the play clock, a slower pace in that manner. But if kids break off 70+ yard runs, it is what it is.
I honestly think they will too. Watched some of the Milford game and there were some creases to run through and Gamble will take those to the house.

You are on to something here. In Anderson's 1 loss this year, they ran 110 plays.

That is not a typo.

But Anderson turned the ball over twice, it could have been a different outcome if they take care of the ball.

Massillon must force turnovers.

110 plays??? Never seen that even against Mentor when Triv coached.

Ok, I realize I'm going to draw fire for this question, but I ask it sincerely, not trying to be a troll at all...

In looking at all the factors that have to be weighed in this matchup, one that hasn't come up is mental. I'm just curious if anyone thinks Massillon will be playing with a mental weight of knowing their fanbase's obsession with getting that first "on the field" state championship? It feels like there could be a Buffalo Bills effect. Or how inevitable losing to Michigan felt for Ohio State fans in the 90's. Anyone have a sense of whether or not that filters down to the Massillon players in a game like this? Especially with how close they've gotten recently without getting over the hump? I would think Anderson might have a bit of a "house money" effect going for them, which definitely suits their attacking style.

Region 8 is one of the best D2 areas in the State and Anderson didn't have any easy games to get the state semis and we all know Massillon is a headliner in D2 and has been for years. I expect a really good game and it will come down to turnovers and special teams. Truly believe field position will be a huge factor in this game.

@MassillonTigers3

so when cincy people come in here and try to help answer the question some of our “fans” try to discredit them. I don’t even think they are Anderson fans but people who have watched them play all year.
Exactly. Anderson is very good at what they do, but what they do is madness.

Some of the posters seem to think the Tigers need to "control the clock", but that is only true against a sane team. If Massillon just scores the 50- to 70-some points they will put up with 400+ yards rushing while Not controlling the clock, they'll be fine. Massillon by at least 3 TDs.

Region 8 is one of the best D2 areas in the State and Anderson didn't have any easy games to get the state semis and we all know Massillon is a headliner in D2 and has been for years. I expect a really good game and it will come down to turnovers and special teams. Truly believe field position will be a huge factor in this game.
Turnovers, yes. Field position, not at all, which is really weird.