Week 10: Elder vs. LaSalle

ElderHSfan02

Elder will travel to North Bend Rd. for a 2nd time this season. They have a lot to play for. A win will guarantee the Seniors 1 more game at The PIT.

Elder always struggles at LS and with how beat up the team is, I think they lose. The effort is there, but the team looks exhausted and there’s so many key players at less than 100%.

I hope im wrong, but they’ve looked dead since the Moeller game.

Elder favored by 14.5 over on the football forum spread game.

La Salle continues to struggle with key injuries and not much of a ground game. They have too much talent to be 4-5 and yet here they are. They won’t have any trouble getting fired up for this game though. Hope it’s a good one and the weather stays dry.

After an rough few weeks of football hopefully the collective group can get back on track and fix the mental injuries the team has not while they are getting healthier physically. Its too hard to event digest what in the hell happened friday night so I wont even try. Moving on from it.
Go Panthers

After an rough few weeks of football hopefully the collective group can get back on track and fix the mental injuries the team has not while they are getting healthier physically. Its too hard to event digest what in the hell happened friday night so I wont even try. Moving on from it.
Go Panthers
I’ll tell you what happened, they’re physically drained. Everyone should remember this when they talk about wanting to load up the most difficult schedule possible.

I’ll tell you what happened, they’re physically drained. Everyone should remember this when they talk about wanting to load up the most difficult schedule possible.
Your not dropping on us that they lost the love the game or nonesense like that.

Its too hard to event digest what in the hell happened friday night so I wont even try. Moving on from it.
Did more happen than just getting their arses handed to them by a much better team? That's nothing to be ashamed of and they should have no trouble getting fired up for Friday against a GCL and west-side rival.

Did more happen than just getting their arses handed to them by a much better team? That's nothing to be ashamed of and they should have no trouble getting fired up for Friday against a GCL and west-side rival.
No, but they’ve just looked sluggish since the Moeller game. There’s no drama or internal issues, they just aren’t healthy and it shows.

No, but they’ve just looked sluggish since the Moeller game. There’s no drama or internal issues, they just aren’t healthy and it shows.
I’m addition there were 5 false starts and 3 delay of game penalties in the 9th game of the season. Attribute it to kids playing out of position or mentally wishing they were somewhere else on a rainy Friday night with girl friends - no clear reason.

I’m addition there were 5 false starts and 3 delay of game penalties in the 9th game of the season. Attribute it to kids playing out of position or mentally wishing they were somewhere else on a rainy Friday night with girl friends - no clear reason.
That doesn’t sound like a tough team, better be careful or Elder will lose the toughness trophy. Because toughness matters more than winning, according to some posters on here.

IMG_3463.jpeg

As is tradition …

At least it will be relatively warm. It’s usually 15-20 degrees cooler.
The 2018 game was the most miserable sporting event I've been to. Add onto it the horsecrud holding call that screwed us out of a win and the playoffs. ;)

I know, I know ...

The 2018 game was the most miserable sporting event I've been to. Add onto it the horsecrud holding call that screwed us out of a win and the playoffs. ;)

I know, I know ...
You’re not wrong about the weather that night, but it was actually 2017.

I know you’re joking about the holding penalty, but for the record it was 100% a hold unfortunately.

You’re not wrong about the weather that night, but it was actually 2017.

I know you’re joking about the holding penalty, but for the record it was 100% a hold unfortunately.
It was absolutely holding and especially frustrating because it was so far away from the play and really had no effect other than to negate a game-winning score. I just wonder how that season would have gone if LS had the right QB playing the whole season instead of just the second half at Elder. Sigh.

But it was definitely 2018 because La Salle beat Elder in 2017 at La Salle in, you guessed it, a steady rain. The 2017 game was the one that ended with an Elder INT at the goal line after Elder shot itself in the foot with a holding penalty. Funny we had catastrophic holding calls two straight years at the end.

Repost from last weeks Pre-Game thoughts
Come ready to Play
We just need to run the damn ball. Stay with what we do well. Manage clock throw when needed with RPO.

Extend Yards in every carry.
I think the OL - FB - HB need to be ready for a physical game
Defense just needs to adjust as needed - Do their jobs
Simple game don’t over think it and get back to the team we had against St. Ed's

Is it supposed to rain Friday night? I think that would benefit Elder with Lasalle relying on the passing game more than Elder.

Repost from last weeks Pre-Game thoughts
Come ready to Play
We just need to run the damn ball. Stay with what we do well. Manage clock throw when needed with RPO.

Extend Yards in every carry.
I think the OL - FB - HB need to be ready for a physical game
Defense just needs to adjust as needed - Do their jobs
Simple game don’t over think it and get back to the team we had against St. Ed's
How will they run the ball? Brass isn’t 100%.

How will they run the ball? Brass isn’t 100%.
This is the key for both teams, as usual. LS was pretty fair against the run early on this season but there are some pieces to that defense that seemed to still be missing last Friday when that Detroit kid beat them.

La Salle’s running game is putrid despite having some good, hard runners. The scheme is stupid.